• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Misty Forest 2021

Enevhar Aldarion

The slow leveling of the evolving building is to be expected, as I am sure many players are saving up to only buy the 420-cost package of lights. Once you get to the daily quests, you only get enough to buy it once every 3-4 days, if you have spent all your previous ingredients.

Mine is level 8 and I am at 189 cats and waiting to save up for the next 420 package. I was really hoping for better luck and to be able to complete the 14th grand prize and get the cat avatar, but I don't think that will happen without spending money and/or diamonds.

I can't remember now if I was able to get it to level 10 last year just from the event, or if I needed at least one artifact from the following FA to max it. My city was a lot smaller 12 months ago, so I don't think just the event was enough.

aliceFalling

8 here, half way to 9 but i won't make 2nd base so i will rely on FA/league artifacts to lvl 10, in some events 2nd base building is much tougher to get than normally, year ago witches hut was much easier.
yes, much easier last year...and btw i really miss the never-ending quest-line that never locked down....that seems like a lifetime ago!

DeletedUser3917

Even worse: I am stuck on an early quest in my Baby City, chapter 2, that tells me to either use pet food or fight and win 3 encounters. All of my troops are so low that they keep getting killed off and I cannot win! And I cannot make pet food and have no building to use pet food on! This means I am stuck, stuck, stuck stuck stuck! I may only be eight years old, but you adults made a big mistake! You need to make it possible for little baby cities to play in your game and get candles!!!!
I am only able to get a few candles at a time, which means I cannot advance very far! This is not a fair game! Not fair at all!

I have the same problem.
I do not have the troops to win in the encounters and also do not have pet food or buildings to use pet food.
This is Quest 17.
I think also for newbies it should be possible to play more event quests. This is very disappointing for new players and do you think these players will play in the future? I do not think so.
Also for new players it should be possible to solve all quests in my opinion!

Skillpowers

I have the same problem.
I do not have the troops to win in the encounters and also do not have pet food or buildings to use pet food.
This is Quest 17.
I think also for newbies it should be possible to play more event quests. This is very disappointing for new players and do you think these players will play in the future? I do not think so.
Also for new players it should be possible to solve all quests in my opinion!
ur city is empty on beta. also new players have low everything , u can't expect to complete a full new event while being a brand new player , my first event ever i just played it and did whatever i could do with the quests, wansn't able to do all quests but i just kept playing and tried to understand how the event works for the next one.

Enevhar Aldarion

ur city is empty on beta. also new players have low everything , u can't expect to complete a full new event while being a brand new player , my first event ever i just played it and did whatever i could do with the quests, wansn't able to do all quests but i just kept playing and tried to understand how the event works for the next one.

Which event and what the quests are determine a lot more about completing an event, than a city being brand new. And whether it is a brand new player or an experienced player starting a new city.

I started my Beta city 4 days into the 2020 Air Trader event. I finished that event and got a complete building set. At the time of that event, I had been playing on the Live servers for four years and followed information on the US forum and on the elvengems website, so I was not some random newbie with no clue how anything worked. The month-long events were also a lot harder 5 years ago and we still had those easier mini-events that were made for anyone to be able to finish.

Daventaki

While this is not my favorite event its nice that it is different. I really like the reroll option but I don't like the frequent buy KP requirements. Honestly at this point I have not bothered to progress any farther. I am only about 1/2 way through the first section. Yes I am a smaller city right now and the current requirement is buy 20 KP and this is like the 6th one I have gotten. It would be one thing if KP price reset but it does not so I have quit playing and I can't be sure but I think most of my Fellowship has also quit playing this event.

maxiqbert

While this is not my favorite event its nice that it is different. I really like the reroll option but I don't like the frequent buy KP requirements. Honestly at this point I have not bothered to progress any farther. I am only about 1/2 way through the first section. Yes I am a smaller city right now and the current requirement is buy 20 KP and this is like the 6th one I have gotten. It would be one thing if KP price reset but it does not so I have quit playing and I can't be sure but I think most of my Fellowship has also quit playing this event.
you know you can use t1, t2 or t3 to buy KPs?

Grendelar

I have played three other events. I enjoyed all of them. I hated this one. I pick up provinces fairly quickly so my troops aren't as good as the ones to defeat and get a province. When I encountered the quest that said the fight and defeat I knew that I couldn't. I was given the option to feed a pet. I didn't have any pet food so it took me a day to get some. two or three quests later I had to get 2 pet foods which took five days which stuck me in Iron League for the rest of the event. I feel sorry for new players that have moved quickly and don't even have a pet. I hope that this option is changed before this event goes live! Some of the quests are hard enough but these were not fair!

eleutheria

Wow this event is pretty greedy, 3 Buy Knowledge Point quests in the first 10 quests.
Agreed. I recently signed up to beta so I'm in the middle of Ch 2 and just can't do most of the tasks. Right now, I'm completely blocked because there is a task to get more spell fragments than I possibly can obtain. Hate the cost of the 'royal' and the fact that you have to get five of the cat ghosts in one day to be eligible for the daily prize. Found out that if I don't get all five, those I've gotten are erased by the next day. Not really happy with this at all.

eleutheria

As far, as I have understood.
You can change the main prize against a random other one by using 5 collected spirits, as often as you collected 5 new spirits.
Additionally one free "re-roll" per day.
With this option you have the possibility to choose a different prize than actual offered (random and luck)
But you have to get all five in one day and if you get any less, they are erased and you have to start over. They don't carry over, which is making it impossible for lower level players.

eleutheria

I have played three other events. I enjoyed all of them. I hated this one. I pick up provinces fairly quickly so my troops aren't as good as the ones to defeat and get a province. When I encountered the quest that said the fight and defeat I knew that I couldn't. I was given the option to feed a pet. I didn't have any pet food so it took me a day to get some. two or three quests later I had to get 2 pet foods which took five days which stuck me in Iron League for the rest of the event. I feel sorry for new players that have moved quickly and don't even have a pet. I hope that this option is changed before this event goes live! Some of the quests are hard enough but these were not fair!
I don't have any pets! In my main account I have a Phoenix, but none here.

eleutheria

@Arthus Funny thing about artefacts in leagues is that, you cannot rely on them to get lv10 evo since:
Either you end up in a silver or gold league and have lv10 evo without them,
or you end up outside silver & gold and need them, but won't get them.
Yes, I noticed that in my main city. Used to be, if you finished all 75 tasks, you'd've obtained all evolves, now, even when you do, not even close, unless you buy diamonds, and this two tier Royal thing is so . ... . greedy.
Even if your fellowship gets all three chests in the FA, you get only two more. At most. But to be honest, the buildings in this event are going to be very easy to ignore. It's pretty cheesy, but drawn well. I realize now that if I want an event building, I will be forced to buy diamonds. As for that Royal, really, 1500 diamonds?

Aeva

But you have to get all five in one day and if you get any less, they are erased and you have to start over. They don't carry over, which is making it impossible for lower level players.
This is not correct. It is just an extra option if you do not like it.
You can win a daily prize by playing the forest and opening the lost goods, like the pumpkin or the book...