• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

mistwalkers too powerfull

Deleted User - 60107

So am I.

Dryad I:
Size 2, damage 29-43, HP 88

The skill of the strongest version reduces the target's attack

Mist Walker I:
Size 2, damage 22-34, HP 88

The skill of the strongest version reduces the target's attack

Ranger I:
Size 1, damage 12-20, HP 46

The skill of the strongest version reduces the target's defence

Attack and Defence bonuses: Mist Walker is very similar to Ranger (but better due to higher base damage and HP).

Overall Mist Walker is like a cross between Dryad and Ranger (taking the best of both), but is closer to Dryad than Ranger: same size, HP, and type of skill as the Dryad, appearance similar to Dryad, and damage is closer to Dryad than Ranger. However, Mist Walkers also get the movement range and the Strike Back of Rangers, attack/defence bonuses similar to Ranger, and have Initiative that is higher than any other unit (that alone is a serious problem in the early game, where every lost unit counts).

CrazyWizard

Hmm you actually seem to be right,

Maybe someone at innogames made a big mistake?
All the statistics are indeed that of the ranger, and not the dryad.
@Marindor
Please can you clarify? it seems that the mistwalker have either the wrong visual, or the wrong stats
They have the walking, shooting and damage bonus of the ranger. but the weight and base damage of the dryad.

Possibly someone made an error mixing the 2 of them?

Dony

King of Bugs
as i said in first page of this thread we have 4 light ranged units (elf+human) and only 3 enemy light ranged units so they actually could combine those 2 in 1

Sir Squirrel

Anyone still wondering why it is a tough enemy, It is a cross from a troop we don't get until the end of chapter 4 and one we don't get until chapter 9 and it is in battles in chapter 2, possibly even chapter 1. lol love the "balance" there, we get the sorceress movement point dropped because the enchantress got it's movement dropped to keep balance, then the enemy gets a troop with the same movement and range as the sorceress had before it was took away, added at lower levels and we must wait till wood elves to have that. I'm done giving input, the dev's had to know this was going to throw the balance off in the earlier chapters. they might be alright in the battles after level 9 wood elves, but before that we don't have anything with the same movement points or initiative to go against it. Dogs are one of the few troops that can even catch them and troop mixes and first shot make it heavy losses even for them. I am not seeing the balance here!

Dhurrin

I agree with @Sir Squirrel here.
The mistwalkers have an initiative, movement range and range of fire players wont be able to match until late in the game, but they have to face those units even in chapter 1!
What do you mean balance? The whole 'balance' in the battle is a joke, since it's the players units that get weaker and weaker while the opposing units get stronger and stronger and they are encountered earlier and earlier in the game, where the players don't have access to any kind of unit that can stand up to them.

@Marindor
How can it be 'just another unit' since pretty much all the other units that have been introduced are the mirror of player units? Balance requires that units have some kind of mirror. Adding 'just another unit' which combines the most powerfull abilities of other units is one more way of taking away the balance.
What is the next 'just another unit' that we will have to face? A heavy melee unit with a ranged attack like the knights and a movement rate like the cerberus perhaps?

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Anyone still wondering why it is a tough enemy, It is a cross from a troop we don't get until the end of chapter 4 and one we don't get until chapter 9 and it is in battles in chapter 2, possibly even chapter 1. lol love the "balance" there, we get the sorceress movement point dropped because the enchantress got it's movement dropped to keep balance, then the enemy gets a troop with the same movement and range as the sorceress had before it was took away, added at lower levels and we must wait till wood elves to have that. I'm done giving input, the dev's had to know this was going to throw the balance off in the earlier chapters. they might be alright in the battles after level 9 wood elves, but before that we don't have anything with the same movement points or initiative to go against it. Dogs are one of the few troops that can even catch them and troop mixes and first shot make it heavy losses even for them. I am not seeing the balance here!

I agree, and I find it a big mistake that there is a enemy unit thats faster than any unit in game. being able to strike first is extremly important in winning battles and a players main tactic, taking that away from players makes any battle extremly hard to deal with. especially for beginners who are still trying to figure out how stuff works.

I understand there point, if you have lost half your troops (even if you could technically still win maybe) you have already demorilised the beginning player beyond repair.

Heymrdiedier

I Know that the mistwalker are super annoying but I dont find them too powerfull (i dont know about chapter 1 and 2 since I never fight there)

I should not want to change them except for the always first strike part. reconnaissance is a very important technique in winning difficult battles.
With there extremly high initiative it makes this very hard to do. the only way now is to scout with something that can soak as much damage as possible.

For me not a problem, I am swamped in troops, and my troops are as strong as you can get them. and missing a few golems wont hurt me, but for people that can't build troops as efficiently as I do or as storng as mine, loosing those valuable troops just to see a map is to expensive. this way the mistwalkers kill a part of the battle system.

So I prefer having there initiative dropped.

Wouldnt scouting with golems (or even Orc strategists) be a better idea if you have mistwalkers on the other side? At least better then treants?
The extra damage reduction seems like a good idea

Dhurrin

Wouldnt scouting with golems (or even Orc strategists) be a better idea if you have mistwalkers on the other side? At least better then treants?
The extra damage reduction seems like a good idea

Nice idea, but one can only unlock treants at the end of chapter 2...and with the small squads using the free treants earlier gets them killed without a way to replace them

DeletedUser2699

Summary
The mistwalkers seem to be rather overpowered, whereas player units have been powered down.
Also, mistwalkers are encountered way too early in the game

Description
Mistwalkers will ALWAYS move first since there is no player unit that has an initiative that is even equal to it.
Also with their high damage they will wipe out squads in the lower chapters.

Motivation
Especially in the chapters 1-2 they will be encountered by players with no possible chance to win. The basic units are too weak and 2 squads of 24 mistwalkers will wipe out 5 squads of 9 or 15 basic troops, because their first move and high damage will ensure a player actually only has 3 squads left when starting the combat.

Personally I feel that some kind of change is needed for lower chapters, preferably eliminating mistwalkers from being encountered in the first 2-3 rings at least, or when encountered in smaller numbers.

Even in later chapters the mistwalkers seem to be overpowered when compared to any kind of unit a player can field. Meaning that in battles that are still in the normal range of provinces a player will face not only superior units, but also in (far) superior numbers, making it an unbalancing factor.

Without reading anyone else's opinion...Knee-jerk reaction:
Description:
Motivation:
P1: So players have to depend on their fellowship, and learn to buy the property. The deficit doesn't last.
P2: Not if P1 is correct.
P3: - see answer P1.

Currently working on Ch 5 -Male Elven and Ch 3 - Female Human

Truly, if you want to have a thread for combat, tell us how to win..

When I've encountered Mist Walkers I usually have either 2-5 mages. The heavy's are behind them and a volley from the mages will make the Mistwalkers either ineffective (like 5 left) or dead. This leaves the once or twice hit couple of mages and the rest full strength depending on the quantity of Heavy Ranged units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2699

I didn't realize this, if true then I agree Dryads should have 4 as well. When they changed the range of the enchantress for the enemy they said that the sorceress had to be changed as well for "balance" , it would seem that only counts when its on our side. lol.
Although I am sure this is just an oversight.:rolleyes:
No, Dryads should use the ground around the enemy to grow the roots around them making them ineffective. Yes, magic!

Spell ideas, Roots slow enemy movement
upgrade: interferes with weapon attack chance as well
upgrade: spell effects area and range

I heard they once had spells.