1. Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

mistwalkers too powerfull

Discussion in 'Battle Help' started by Dhurrin, Feb 24, 2017.

1. shadowblack

shadowblack Well-Known Member

So am I.

Dryad I:
    Size 2, damage 29-43, HP 88

The skill of the strongest version reduces the target's attack

Mist Walker I:
    Size 2, damage 22-34, HP 88

The skill of the strongest version reduces the target's attack

Ranger I:
    Size 1, damage 12-20, HP 46

The skill of the strongest version reduces the target's defence

Attack and Defence bonuses: Mist Walker is very similar to Ranger (but better due to higher base damage and HP).

Overall Mist Walker is like a cross between Dryad and Ranger (taking the best of both), but is closer to Dryad than Ranger: same size, HP, and type of skill as the Dryad, appearance similar to Dryad, and damage is closer to Dryad than Ranger. However, Mist Walkers also get the movement range and the Strike Back of Rangers, attack/defence bonuses similar to Ranger, and have Initiative that is higher than any other unit (that alone is a serious problem in the early game, where every lost unit counts).

Sir Squirrel and Dhurrin like this.
  2. CrazyWizard

CrazyWizard Well-Known Member

Hmm you actually seem to be right,

Maybe someone at innogames made a big mistake?
    All the statistics are indeed that of the ranger, and not the dryad.
    @Marindor
    Please can you clarify? it seems that the mistwalker have either the wrong visual, or the wrong stats
    They have the walking, shooting and damage bonus of the ranger. but the weight and base damage of the dryad.

Possibly someone made an error mixing the 2 of them?

3. Dony

Dony King of Bugs

as i said in first page of this thread we have 4 light ranged units (elf+human) and only 3 enemy light ranged units so they actually could combine those 2 in 1

4. Marindor

Marindor
    Community Manager
    Elvenar Team

They don't, it's just a different unit :)

5. Sir Squirrel

Sir Squirrel Well-Known Member

Anyone still wondering why it is a tough enemy, It is a cross from a troop we don't get until the end of chapter 4 and one we don't get until chapter 9 and it is in battles in chapter 2, possibly even chapter 1. lol love the "balance" there, we get the sorceress movement point dropped because the enchantress got it's movement dropped to keep balance, then the enemy gets a troop with the same movement and range as the sorceress had before it was took away, added at lower levels and we must wait till wood elves to have that. I'm done giving input, the dev's had to know this was going to throw the balance off in the earlier chapters. they might be alright in the battles after level 9 wood elves, but before that we don't have anything with the same movement points or initiative to go against it. Dogs are one of the few troops that can even catch them and troop mixes and first shot make it heavy losses even for them. I am not seeing the balance here!

CrazyWizard, shadowblack and Dhurrin like this.
  6. Dhurrin

Dhurrin Well-Known Member

I agree with @Sir Squirrel here.
    The mistwalkers have an initiative, movement range and range of fire players wont be able to match until late in the game, but they have to face those units even in chapter 1!
    What do you mean balance? The whole 'balance' in the battle is a joke, since it's the players units that get weaker and weaker while the opposing units get stronger and stronger and they are encountered earlier and earlier in the game, where the players don't have access to any kind of unit that can stand up to them.

@Marindor
    How can it be 'just another unit' since pretty much all the other units that have been introduced are the mirror of player units? Balance requires that units have some kind of mirror. Adding 'just another unit' which combines the most powerfull abilities of other units is one more way of taking away the balance.
    What is the next 'just another unit' that we will have to face? A heavy melee unit with a ranged attack like the knights and a movement rate like the cerberus perhaps?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    shadowblack likes this.
  7. CrazyWizard

CrazyWizard Well-Known Member

I agree, and I find it a big mistake that there is a enemy unit thats faster than any unit in game. being able to strike first is extremly important in winning battles and a players main tactic, taking that away from players makes any battle extremly hard to deal with. especially for beginners who are still trying to figure out how stuff works.

I understand there point, if you have lost half your troops (even if you could technically still win maybe) you have already demorilised the beginning player beyond repair.

Dhurrin likes this.
  8. Heymrdiedier

Heymrdiedier Well-Known Member

Wouldnt scouting with golems (or even Orc strategists) be a better idea if you have mistwalkers on the other side? At least better then treants?
    The extra damage reduction seems like a good idea

9. Dhurrin

Dhurrin Well-Known Member

Nice idea, but one can only unlock treants at the end of chapter 2...and with the small squads using the free treants earlier gets them killed without a way to replace them

10. Dony

Dony King of Bugs

just so you all know right now on live i am getting mist walkers instead of enchantress from province 22+ which means guaranted losses due map preview, that is a cheap move from inno

Sir Squirrel and shadowblack like this.
  11. LEH.human

LEH.human Active Member

Without reading anyone else's opinion...Knee-jerk reaction:
    Description:
    Motivation:
    P1: So players have to depend on their fellowship, and learn to buy the property. The deficit doesn't last.
    P2: Not if P1 is correct.
    P3: - see answer P1.

Currently working on Ch 5 -Male Elven and Ch 3 - Female Human

Truly, if you want to have a thread for combat, tell us how to win..

When I've encountered Mist Walkers I usually have either 2-5 mages. The heavy's are behind them and a volley from the mages will make the Mistwalkers either ineffective (like 5 left) or dead. This leaves the once or twice hit couple of mages and the rest full strength depending on the quantity of Heavy Ranged units.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2019
  12. LEH.human

LEH.human Active Member

No, Dryads should use the ground around the enemy to grow the roots around them making them ineffective. Yes, magic!

Spell ideas, Roots slow enemy movement
    upgrade: interferes with weapon attack chance as well
    upgrade: spell effects area and range

I heard they once had spells.