• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Military buildings

Egwene al Vere

Hi

Could you please bring in more military buildings? Or atleast events that have them. It does not make sense that we have 15 type of troops but can only train them in a few spots depending on how far your barracks is upgraded; the max being 5. Ideally we should be able to have more than one barracks to train more troops and be able to see how much troops we have at a glance instead of having to do maths all the time.

Currently all the military buildings we have share the same space in the barracks for training and this means training troops take a long time since you cant train cerberus or mercenaries at the same time as those in the barracks for instance. The others that I have seen are valorian valor and the ground of the orc strategists and orc nest and the brown bear that train troops on a 12 or 24 hour basis but this is not enough and you might not be lucky enough to get them at the magic academy.

We need to be able to train the regular troops in a different building also and more at the same time. We want to train cerberus and all those at the same time as the archers and treants, etc and mercernary troops as well. All separately with their own space and buildings.

Karvest

It was discussed many times. If they separate training queues, they would also increase amount of troops needed for tourney/spire/provinces to balance this change. That would lead to having all those 3 buildings mandatory built and running 24/7 + all 3 corresponding AWs just to be same effective as now with only barracks+needles during the whole path to chapter 15 where other units become worth using them... And even in chapter 15 I don't see enough reasons to build Training Grounds (or dedicating 1/3 of troops training there with separated queue). So this change would actually lower my military power.

Egwene al Vere

I disagree. I would love to be able to train 24/7. I played a wargame before where this is exactly what we did. You could build 14 or 15 barracks and put down 15 ques (1 for each barrack) and train 24/7. It was based on population of course. If all ques were not filled, you can train once every hour. I would love to have that ability here. It would guarantee a steady and large amount of troops all the time. But I want to be able to see at a glance what troops I have and not have to do maths all the time.

Egwene al Vere

Also it would only be mandatory if you made it so. If you dont want to fight, nothing prevents you from trading all the time.

Lovec Krys

@Egwene al Vere Problem is with the development team:
If they allowed us to train in all 3 buildings, they would increase the fighting difficulty at least 3 times. And since barracks are fastest, we would be actualy worse than before.
I don't get your 24/7 training note - you can train 24/7. Just build enough armories to have long enough queue.

Karvest

I disagree. I would love to be able to train 24/7.
The problem is not with training 24/7 itself (every fighter trains 24/7), but with training units that you don't need.
x3 queue would be balanced by x3 troops needed + you will be forced to train 1/3 of your units in specific building.
Not talking about culture/pop/space for these buildings and number of KP wasted to AWs for speeding them up to the same level..

Last edited:

Egwene al Vere

You can only train 5 sets of troops at a time and it does not take 24 hours to train them. So instead of putting troops up to train by filling up all q's, and not worrying about them until the next day, you have to train troops every few hours. I want a huge army and not be bothered about training them every hour. Some troops take longer than others to train (or should) depending on the type of troop you train. Skirmishers or swordsman take quicker to train than cavalry or treants whereas your centurions or melee should be the longest to train. (Comparing an old game with elvenar. I had in that game 4 cities per world and I could build 13 barracks in each city and fill them up each day and not worry about them while I use my cavalry and wagons for transports or to look for food or the rest of my troops to go into battles. My q's emptied out slowly even though I do a round robin (train everything from top to bottom) until I have the number of troops I want of each troop with ballistas being last taking the longest. Here it takes more than a month to train troops properly because of the way its done. Not being able to have more buildings to train (3 is not enough even if you can train in the armories also after reaching level 20 and is only possible for later chapters and only stupid orcs which you cant fight with not even other troops so this is not very helpful). Even with 6 armories , I train too slowly for my taste. Having to share 5 qs between 15 sets of troops is ridiculous. We should be able to have more barracks, training grounds and mercenary camps when ever that becomes available - 3 minimum of each. I want to train all troops every day every time not just a few at a time. If you can put down all sorts of buildings from every event that is held on elvenar, you can make space for a bigger army as well.

CrazyWizard

You can only train 5 sets of troops at a time and it does not take 24 hours to train them. So instead of putting troops up to train by filling up all q's, and not worrying about them until the next day, you have to train troops every few hours. I want a huge army and not be bothered about training them every hour. Some troops take longer than others to train (or should) depending on the type of troop you train. Skirmishers or swordsman take quicker to train than cavalry or treants whereas your centurions or melee should be the longest to train. (Comparing an old game with elvenar. I had in that game 4 cities per world and I could build 13 barracks in each city and fill them up each day and not worry about them while I use my cavalry and wagons for transports or to look for food or the rest of my troops to go into battles. My q's emptied out slowly even though I do a round robin (train everything from top to bottom) until I have the number of troops I want of each troop with ballistas being last taking the longest. Here it takes more than a month to train troops properly because of the way its done. Not being able to have more buildings to train (3 is not enough even if you can train in the armories also after reaching level 20 and is only possible for later chapters and only stupid orcs which you cant fight with not even other troops so this is not very helpful). Even with 6 armories , I train too slowly for my taste. Having to share 5 qs between 15 sets of troops is ridiculous. We should be able to have more barracks, training grounds and mercenary camps when ever that becomes available - 3 minimum of each. I want to train all troops every day every time not just a few at a time. If you can put down all sorts of buildings from every event that is held on elvenar, you can make space for a bigger army as well.

Build some more armouries and a Shrooms wonder, that solves all your issues, I run 29 hours I thnk atm.
On my mini account I run about 13 hours?

The key is a few level in a shrooms, as that improves training time by a lot.