• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Mercenary Camp, Drone Rider ... ?

DeletedUser1560

Upgrading the mercenary camp says it also boosts production speed of units to 130% for level 2, and 170% for level 3, however, I don't seem to see the increased speed in my barracks. The current units in my barracks queue show up in the windows above. I would assume this should work for the units we can see there.

DeletedUser762

ANYBODY FROM INNO , CAN YU TELL US IF THERE IS POINT OF THIS BUILDING AT ALL??? I bet you have a meeting every week: so , how is it going, - ohhh, not working out..... well tell us, whats wrong? not working? so we delete then?

DeletedUser762

So the person that supposed to have been working on it: went on a maternity leave/ got fired/ promoted to develop the useless FOE/ got busted by cops for an illegal substance abuse/gave up on life and joint the buddhists/was taken away by aliens/had a mental break down/went into a rehab .... JUST TELL US!

Lissona

delete it, use the space meanwhile for something more important (shrooms & co.), when the units are finally introduced and are worth the stress - rebuild it.

DeletedUser762

well I have plenty of space, I don't need the space I just want them to TELL US!

DeletedUser762

Oh ok, tx. but basically this is that I thought , they cannot do it...

DeletedUser867

And in the Facebook Q&A last Wednesday, Timon indicated that they're reworking the entire combat module. The flying units simply made it apparent that the current code isn't flexible enough to accommodate future units.

DeletedUser1345

While I know there has been trouble in how the units function in battle I am hoping for a little clarity on how the merc camp functions. Right now it is a building that we can have only one of, and yet it is a building that can be sold. I am guessing that in the future it will be one or the other. For now, I am hoping to learn about how the merc units will be built.
Will the merc camp be where the merc units are built or will they be built in he barracks?
If the merc units are developed in the barracks, do the merc camps determine how many units can be trained at once?
If that is the case, does the Dwarven bulwark have an effect on it?

DeletedUser

If they're reworking the entire combat module...

...now would be a great time for us to lobby against their proposal to mandate a Merc Camp, while still giving us only 1 queue for producing units.

If the two units share one queue - what's the point of having 2 buildings? Basically, it was just a mechanism to force us to use grid space.

DeletedUser

I guess orcs were more important then another unfinished features. :)

DeletedUser762

I guess orcs were more important then another unfinished features. :)
it is very sloppy. so basically, something doesn't work out and they go: oh ok, lets drop it an move on. what happens if I start all the jobs in my house or work and drop them half way through? this is just weird. not very professional.

DeletedUser338

Who says they dropped it? They didn't. Going by your example delaying updates because of the mercenary camp would be like saying you can't work on the kitchen because the bathroom isn't finished yet. Both projects might be in the same house, but you can work on each one separately.

DeletedUser762

Who says they dropped it? They didn't. Going by your example delaying updates because of the mercenary camp would be like saying you can't work on the kitchen because the bathroom isn't finished yet. Both projects might be in the same house, but you can work on each one separately.
I am not just going to drop working on the kitchen for 6 month, cause I want to do the bathroom. what do you have then ? your kitchen is half done, you cannot do anything in there, so you move on doing something else ? I don't think so. it would be completely stupid. you don't just leave things unfinished and move on, I don't know may be you do that, but not very many people do, otherwise you just sit there with most things half finished, like we do now with this feature.

DeletedUser

So far, two basic concepts of Elvenar are fundamentally flawed. Neighborhood placement and Fighting.

They're doing the Player Move trying to "fix"...well, that's another thread.

With fighting, they hit a wall with the Elven units - their intended function couldn't be implemented within existing programming. This is another fundamental flaw - programming that couldn't expand to incorporate intended development.

The good thing about the fighting scenario is that they're "reworking" all the fighting, not just trying to "fix" that which can't be fixed. The question in our minds shouldn't be "how long before we see Drone Riders", it should be "how can a company with Inno's experience release a fighting program that can't be expanded to include flying units?" Surely the Elvenar team had some basic outline for at least the first 12 months of development? If flying units were intended from the outset, then the programmers really dropped the ball (or were given unrealistic timeframes). If flying units were a spontaneous game introduction, we have a development team without a cohesive plan.

DeletedUser762

So far, two basic concepts of Elvenar are fundamentally flawed. Neighborhood placement and Fighting.

They're doing the Player Move trying to "fix"...well, that's another thread.

With fighting, they hit a wall with the Elven units - their intended function couldn't be implemented within existing programming. This is another fundamental flaw - programming that couldn't expand to incorporate intended development.

The good thing about the fighting scenario is that they're "reworking" all the fighting, not just trying to "fix" that which can't be fixed. The question in our minds shouldn't be "how long before we see Drone Riders", it should be "how can a company with Inno's experience release a fighting program that can't be expanded to include flying units?" Surely the Elvenar team had some basic outline for at least the first 12 months of development? If flying units were intended from the outset, then the programmers really dropped the ball (or were given unrealistic timeframes). If flying units were a spontaneous game introduction, we have a development team without a cohesive plan.
bobby, their silence is deafening

Dony

King of Bugs
Sorry but i would rather have whole combat system overhaul (thats what they are doing) then introducing another units with another plenty of bugs. Current combat is incredibly bugged, every single update this year changed something in combat which is not mentioned in patch notes, im a fighter and i know exaclty what I am talking about. Regardless of that i love combat and its the only reason i play this game.

Edit: Do you think that new ent from orc era is not bugged? Of course he is bugged. Why introduce another units rather then finally fixing existing.

Last edited: