• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Mercenaries

DeletedUser420

If you decide to negotiate for a sector, you get the option to recruit the defending units.
- you have to pay to recruit them and wait to turn/train them to your side (prices and time similar to regular units);
- you get max 5 slots for these units, you unlock slots when you research new type of unit (this means that you can only keep up to 5 different types of mercenaries)
- the option to hire mercenaries should only be available directly after the negotiation and to succeed you have to have training slots in barracks available, also the number of units per slot should be limited by your training size

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like your idea, but there don't let them be as many/strong as we fight. And there shouldn't be the same units as the ones player can already recruit.

DeletedUser

Good idéa, but i will suggest an other way to do it :

u can hire mercenaries in your town, instead of in the world map.
( like Warcraft 3 is some people ever played it : u could hire some troops in a tavern, which have some uniques abilities )
OFC, a timer before hiring another squad of mercenaries to prevent abuses, and a higher price, to prévent a abuse with a lot of troops.

DeletedUser420

I like your idea, but there don't let them be as many/strong as we fight. And there shouldn't be the same units as the ones player can already recruit.

Thanks for the reply.
I added a limitation that concerns your first suggestion (I guess, not really sure). As for the second one, that's not an issue because the units you fight aren't the same ones you can recruit (although they look alike, their names and stats are different)

Good idéa, but i will suggest an other way to do it :

u can hire mercenaries in your town, instead of in the world map.
( like Warcraft 3 is some people ever played it : u could hire some troops in a tavern, which have some uniques abilities
OFC, a timer before hiring another squad of mercenaries to prevent abuses, and a higher price, to prévent a abuse with a lot of troops.

Thanks for the support, but I disagree with the idea of tavern and unique units (I just don't see it as fair in the current game mechanics). What I think might work is a system of perks and spells researched with the use of relics, but that's waaaaay ahead of this stage of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If anyone is active, hear hear. Proclaim your support to the grand ideas that were forgotten.