• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Maximum Trades with Trader

SoggyShorts

@Soleil
Do you even read?
Trading is only a small part of this game, although important.

Trading is a means to an end. The game is about building cities, making friends, expanding territory, completing events, and unlocking new technologies(and more). Trading is just something that facilitates those.

Your entire motive for this poorly thought out idea is to help tiny players in the tutorial to take 5 trades for a quest that comes up twice a year.
That's a pretty insane change for a problem that barely exists.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Do you read soggyshorts?
It wasn't my only motivation.

High chapters have decided that the way everyone should trade is by limiting a lower chapters ability to accept trades. When will this end? As the chapters progress, will high chapters start affecting beyond chapter 5?

DeletedUser

Depending on that new building, i might not have to trade at all. lmao

DeletedUser

I'm not dodging the question, I can't wait to see what that new building is, hope it's permanent because it's going to increase all of my factories even my ferris wheel if the tooltips are right.
btw can you see my 60 trades?

DeletedUser

Trying to figure out how many people I see in my trade window based on my map. Could you explain that again with numbers?

Loki Blue

Inside the area a player has scouted, they can see the trades of everyone inside that area, and can take them with no trader fee. For two (I think it's two) rings outside of that area, a player can see the trades of those players and can take them, but must pay the Trader Fee. Outside of that ring, a player can not see any other player's trades, unless those players belong to the same Fellowship. They can see and take yours if you are within the area they've scouted, or the rings just beyond.

Sorry, I don't have numbers, as that varies. But this is it in a nutshell.

SoggyShorts

So this is you not dodging the question?:rolleyes:

Fine, I'll answer for you.

If the goal of trading is to exchange your goods for other goods, then it does not matter if you are the one to take a trade or have yours taken.

This is why your whole idea of placing limits on trades doesn't work: if the goal is to increase trading, then placing more limitations on trading will have the opposite effect.

DeletedUser

It's my favoritist person in the whole wide world. Thank you @Loki Blue
I've already been told, no one likes my 60 trades, that I'm annoying them. Not going to accept my trades. Loki doesn't like cross trades (most people don't) but I have some listed because of saving up for the next two wonders (Endless excavation and the Needles) and not much need for tier 3 goods. (also listed these to see how many trades I could list at one time)

I can see out to about 12 people as the crow flies on my trader, somewhere I read it's 200 people is that as the crow flies or all neighbors in the rings?

When I first started, people wouldn't trade with me because I had all of the factories.

The trades I have listed, now because of personal preference may or may not accepted. I may then have to accept trades so I can build it sooner than waiting for my non boosted.

Back when the top chapter was wood elves maybe a little higher can't recall, the high chapters posted 20-50k trades. That has doubled since then. Now you see trades for 75k 125k, at some point if high chapters keep increasing this, chapter 6 will be affected, then chapter 7 players will be affected and keep going.

I wasn't dodging the question, I was looking at my maps for trading and since Loki is on, checking what I'm writing.

Deleted User - 76673

I was completely halted at the 5 trades in events, not a single high chapter player posted small trades.
In the last event in the Live worlds, I had a brand new solo city that I had just started (it's now in the beginning of Chapter 3). When I reached the taskmaster that required accepting 5 trades, since my city was not big enough to take the trades that were posted, I sent a message to a few of my advanced neighbors that always returned my NH & I asked them if they could post a handful of little trades for me to complete this task & they were happy to oblige.
I have 4 cities at the end of the Orcs chapter & 2 that are in Fairies (all in fellowships). I remember when I first started playing 2 years ago, that it was difficult finding trades that I could accept. With this new city, instead of trying to take trades right now, I just post a few trades for what my city has need of & my neighbors quickly snap them up. I just started my Beta city yesterday & today, was able to post my first 2 trades. I do look to see what trades are available. When my two new cities grow up a little more, then I can start looking to see if there are any trades that would benefit my city. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello @Laochra I saw you just joined. Welcome!
About asking neighbors, I know I can do this but it's like taking a detour you know? Cruising along then a detour. Cruising along and then another detour. Because i'm super patient with upgrading wonders before I leave chapters, this will affect me for a while.

I have no issue with posting trades, people seem to think I never do, but I usually wait until I'm at a break even point of what I need for research/wonders and then start trading. People who max out factories, are trading much more than I need to.

SoggyShorts

Back when the top chapter was wood elves maybe a little higher can't recall, the high chapters posted 20-50k trades. That has doubled since then. Now you see trades for 75k 125k, at some point if high chapters keep increasing this, chapter 6 will be affected, then chapter 7 players will be affected and keep going.
Do you think that players in chapter 9 stopped posting those 20-50K trades?
All that's changed now is that the players who are much bigger can snap those up more easily, helping out the chapter 8 players.
This is a good thing, it makes chapter 9 easier.

It's a very simple concept:
1. Take trades from players who are smaller than you.
2. If #1 doesn't fulfill your needs, then post trades for players who are larger than you to take.

That's it. It works very well and doesn't need to change. The super rare quest to accept 5 trades has a few solutions already in place, regardless of whether they are a "detour" for you.
Fellowships, player movement and asking neighbors for trades. The tools are there for you to use.

So since all of your issues have been addressed, is there any further need for this suggestion?

Lovec Krys

1. If the game isn’t about trading, then there shouldn’t be a single person that comments on my city. Shall we look through the comments on other threads?
That's why I wrote this:
Well Soleil, this game is not about trading. Trading is only a small part of this game, although important.
In other words, this game is not about trading, it is about building your city. Trading is part of it, but not the main.

2. If the game isn’t about trading, why would you and every other high chapter quit if this was in place?
I produce around 60k of boosted goods every 3 hours. That's around 250k (probably even more, since I'm not counting weekends and days off and spell boosts) boosted goods per day. Since every player has 1/3 of goods boosted, that means every player producing only boosted goods needs to trade 2/3 of his boosted goods for non-boosted ones, that's at least over 160k goods per day which needs to be traded.
With your limitation of trades under 40k per day, that means I wouldn't be able to trade enough boosted goods for non-boosted goods, which means this would force me to build non-boosted manufactories and significatelly lower my catering ability both in world map and in tournament. Not mentioning that I refuse to spend 1 hour daily with posting and accepting trades, I would rather play another game.

3. I asked for the required quests to be removed, let’s go look how you guys reacted to that.
I don't know which quests you mean and I'm unsure if I reacted there. But generaly I do mostly only event quest, other quest I tend to ignore.

4. I asked for groups to be in place to find trading partners among other things, how did that go?
I have no problem with trading groups, I wrote it there. I have no problem with players to be able to trade with other players not in their FS or the current trade range. I would even use it, since I, my brother and his wife all play in the same server and are in different FS's and too far from each other.

5. Are you actually so low in goods that you must trade 3 million per day? What in the world (besides tournaments) do you need 3 million in goods a day for?
Well, my city produce around 250k goods per day, as written up. Even my other chapter IX city (between half and 2/3 of the game progress) produce over 80k goods per day, that's still over your under 40k limit.
I think 3 milions of goods was mentioned by Soggy he has in the market (not that he trades 3 milions every day).
Btw, I use my goods for:
Tournament catering (I remember tournament when I spent several milions of goods during the tournament).
World map catering (I always cater there, I use all of my units in tournaments. Despite being in the last chapter I still have around 40 provinces left before I hit province limit. Even the easest catering there takes 15-20k of goods, now multiply that by event quest solve 20 encounters and you're in hundreds of thousands of goods).
Building upgrades (upgrade of one single residence 32>33 cost me 5400 steel, 5600 scrolls, 4500 dust, I have 33 non-magical residences and 5 builders, you can count needed goods yourself)

So you’re all against everything that might make it a little easier for new players to get through the required chapter quests and events. The only other thing left, is to tackle trading itself.

High chapters have decided that the way everyone should trade is by limiting a lower chapters ability to accept trades. Is this what the devs intended? What happened to tournaments?

In beta, not sure on live, we have the ability now to post 60 trades, I was told that if I post 60 trades, high chapters will no longer help me or anyone below them.

If that required trade quest comes up in an event, my 60 trades would help 12 people get through that quest without using up their inventory.

Make the suggestion better, instead of being overly dramatic, making things up to get a point across, or offering up a solution that would be the same exact scenario we are in now ie the percentage of goods suggestion when someone can still take all of the goods or still make it out of reach for a low chapter player 10% of 3 million is what?. (or using derogatory comments about a person)
If low player needs to accept trades and no small trades are available, I have no problems of posting trades he can accept if he writes me for help, but don't force me to post trades with pitiful amounts - imagine yourself being forced to post only trades with amout 1 or 2 and limited to trady 50 goods per day.

I personaly think that significant increase of the trade area of normal goods would realy help players (without restricting the trades as you suggests, that helps no one).

DeletedUser

Bottom line, I don't think high chapters trying to corner the market is a long term healthy idea for the game.

SoggyShorts

Bottom line, I don't think high chapters trying to corner the market is a long term healthy idea for the game.
This is very typical of how you respond, and it's pretty annoying TBH.
@Lovec Krys takes the time to respond to all 7 points you made in your post to her and your answer is to ignore her and post something completely irrelevant because it's not even a thing.