• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Maximum Trades with Trader

DeletedUser

90 slots of trading based on largest research in top chapter,
2 x 2,000
5 x 1,500
10 x 1,000
10 x 750
10 x 500
10 x 250
10 x 100
10 x 50
10 x 25
10 x 5

3 fellowship only trades for anything above 2,000

Limit trading by either number of trades per hour or a percent of their main hall.

SoggyShorts

Still under 40,000 total for the first 87 trades. Players who currently post trades of 40,000+ per trade will not put in the effort of putting up 87 trades.
It's not worth the clicking required.
Put yourself in our shoes for a moment and I'll say to you that the max you can post is:
2x 5
5 x 4
20 x 3
20 x 2
20 x 1
+3 FS trades over 6

How do you like that?

DeletedUser

I would say then we're finally starting to get somewhere @SoggyShorts.
The 3 fs only trades are unlimited you could trade 1 million goods if you want in each slot. I never excluded high chapter players, if they are only posting 2 to 4 at a time, those 3 fs only trades cover it.
But you still need to think about the little player and every chapter below you. Break it up a little more. Do it by chapter. What does a chapter 2 person need, how about a chapter 6 player?

SoggyShorts

1. The 3 FS only trades are not enough for me, I have 6 boosts and trade them for my 12 unboosted
2. What's my incentive to post those other 87 trades?
3. What about players who aren't in a FS? Who do they trade with once they finish the tutorial chapters?

Last edited:

Deleted User - 60107

If the FS are unlimited while all other trades are limited, then why would I even bother looking at any non-FS?

Let's look at some of the later techs:
Archeology (first tech of the Amuni chapter): 25'000 Moonstone, 25'000 Platinum and 25'000 Tree Gum. One of those I produce myself, the rest I get by trading. That's 50'000 I have to get via trades. I could post over 100 limited trades, or just 2 (TWO!) unlimited FS-only trades. Players that have not reached Elementals can't even produce those goods, so small trades would not help any small players. There's a reason why the market for Sentient Goods is global

Robust Workshops 2 (also from the Amuni Chapter): Cost 28'000 Elixir and 23'000 Gems. Total of 51'000 goods that I have to get via trading (the city's boost is Magic Dust). I could post 2-3 FS-only trades, or over 100 of the limited trades. Why would I bother with the latter option?

If your idea gets implemented I will simply not post any non-FS trades. That will make things worse for small players, because no one will be taking their trades and no one will be posting trades they could take.

DeletedUser

Then if you're unwilling to post in global for others, then there is no incentive for the devs to give you 3 fs only trades. And probably why you don't have them now.

SoggyShorts

Then if you're unwilling to post in global for others, then there is no incentive for the devs to give you 3 fs only trades.
That's not how games work.
The developers decide what features we get, we decide whether to use them or not.
How else would it work?

DeletedUser

Now we’re at this:
2 x 2,000
5 x 1,500
10 x 1,000
10 x 750
10 x 500
10 x 250
10 x 100
10 x 50
10 x 25
10 x 5
NO FS only trades

Limit trading by either number of trades per hour or a percent of their main hall.

Deleted User - 60107

That's a joke. 90 trades for less than 40K resource? That's not enough resources for ONE research (see Robust Workshops 2, for example). Then there are all the resources needed for Guest Race productions and for tournaments. Your idea would grind trading to a halt (because you would need longer to post trades and at the same time get less resources from those trades), followed by tournaments as players won't be able to cater half as many encounters. This means two things:
- less KP earned from tournaments, thus less KP spent on upgrading AWs and as a consequence less Divine Seeds, slowing down Halflings and Elementals even more (and to a lesser extent slowing down Amuni and Constructs too)
- fewer Blueprints and RR spells earned from tournaments, thus it will take even longer to upgrade any event buildings

If you also add a limit of trades per hour things get even worse.

You REALLY didn't think this through, did you? Your idea benefits only some early-chapter players while hurting everyone in later chapters. It's a great way to get high-chapter players to leave the game, which in turn hurts the smaller players because there would be even less people to take their trades or post trades for them when they need any.

DeletedUser

While you're here showing how you don't want to help others, I'm actually kinda having fun with trading now. Thank you friends for helping me with trades. Some sell, switch it up for some new trades, still keeping 60 trades in the trader, check the trader to see if I can buy anything.

DeletedUser

Totally forgot to change the slot numbers, thanks for catching that soggy
10 x 1,500
10 x 1,000
10 x 750
10 x 500
10 x 250
10 x 100
10 x 50
10 x 25
10 x 5
NO fs only trades

Limit trading by either number of trades 5 every 9 hours or a percent of their main hall.

SoggyShorts

Might as well just turn off trading.
0 x 1,500
0 x 1,000
0 x 750
0 x 500
0 x 250
0 x 100
0 x 50
0 x 25
0 x 5
NO fs only trades

Deleted User - 60107

I'm actually kinda having fun with trading now. Thank you friends for helping me with trades. Some sell, switch it up for some new trades, still keeping 60 trades in the trader, check the trader to see if I can buy anything.
So you admit that the current system works just fine? Doesn't that make your suggestion kinda... pointless? Since what you suggest does not improve anything, only makes things worse for players in later chapters...

DeletedUser

Nope because the trading is still one sided, and when I come up to the quest of accept trades I still cannot.
But I'm going with soggy's new suggestion
Might as well just turn off trading.
0 x 1,500
0 x 1,000
0 x 750
0 x 500
0 x 250
0 x 100
0 x 50
0 x 25
0 x 5
NO fs only trades
I quoted again!
Darn I don't know how to add a quote in edit window, can't find my insert quote button
Also, what happened to all of the worlds? You used to be able to create 7 or 8 cities on live now it's 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loki Blue

Also, what happened to all of the worlds? You used to be able to create 7 or 8 cities on live now it's 3.

International server:
International.png

US server:
US.png

The other servers I am on or have been on (French, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch) each only have Arendyll.

Lovec Krys

Well Soleil, this game is not about trading. Trading is only a small part of this game, although important.
If you restrict high chapter players to trade less goods per day than they produce every 3 hours, what do you think will happen?
Yes, your suggestion makes game for high level chapter players unplayable.
In some crazy scenario this gets implemented, all high level chapter players would immediatelly go into rebelion and if not fixed in short time (max. several days), they would mass quit.
I certainly would.

DeletedUser

Well Soleil, this game is not about trading.

1. If the game isn’t about trading, then there shouldn’t be a single person that comments on my city. Shall we look through the comments on other threads?
2. If the game isn’t about trading, why would you and every other high chapter quit if this was in place?
3. I asked for the required quests to be removed, let’s go look how you guys reacted to that.
4. I asked for groups to be in place to find trading partners among other things, how did that go?
5. Are you actually so low in goods that you must trade 3 million per day? What in the world (besides tournaments) do you need 3 million in goods a day for?

So you’re all against everything that might make it a little easier for new players to get through the required chapter quests and events. The only other thing left, is to tackle trading itself.

High chapters have decided that the way everyone should trade is by limiting a lower chapters ability to accept trades. Is this what the devs intended? What happened to tournaments?

In beta, not sure on live, we have the ability now to post 60 trades, I was told that if I post 60 trades, high chapters will no longer help me or anyone below them.

If that required trade quest comes up in an event, my 60 trades would help 12 people get through that quest without using up their inventory.

Make the suggestion better, instead of being overly dramatic, making things up to get a point across, or offering up a solution that would be the same exact scenario we are in now ie the percentage of goods suggestion when someone can still take all of the goods or still make it out of reach for a low chapter player 10% of 3 million is what?. (or using derogatory comments about a person)

Last edited by a moderator: