• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Maximum Trades with Trader

DeletedUser

If it's notifications, then we should ask to get rid of notifications or separate them between nh and trades. I still don't get why it's better to have less trades when there is no trader fee to post a trade. It's the same amount. It takes seconds to accept trades.

We also now have the ability to post 60 trades, which is up from the 30-35 it used to be.

Karvest

more seconds and clicks for you to post, more seconds and clicks for neighbor to accept, and even more seconds and clicks for all other neighbors to just skip...

DeletedUser

I did put a limit on the tiniest of trades Karvest and I don't understand that if a trade is smaller let's say 500 wouldn't it allow more players to help you and you help them since now that I know fellowship members look for trades outside of their fellowship...

Karvest

Trading is not actually helping, it's mutually beneficial. And making smaller trades is just wasting time if both trade partners can acknowledge bigger trades.

DeletedUser

Pretty sure I just wrote that, helping you and helping me. The only reason I can think of why someone would be against this is because they have push accounts and don't want to scroll through anyone's trade but their push account trade (which would be kinda silly) if there are trades up that can still help you. or have someone take their push accounts trade. I may just ask for 90 trades now.

DeletedUser

That's fine @Karvest then I'm not wasting your time with seconds, and you don't want my help or help me, but I'm willing to help others. Got it.

Karvest

You are not helping them, but doing the opposite. If I know that there are several pages of your trades which I'm not interested in, I won't even look through them and won't help those who may appear between them.

DeletedUser

So you're just making your argument of not having this personal, because they are my trades? Because if you're not interested in mine why would you be interested in ones in between mine?

Karvest

Because there can be different goods. Also if you want to "help" others and not to receive help or just trade with me - why should I ruin your efforts of posting 100500 trades for them?

DeletedUser

There is a filter if you know what you're looking for. I don't understand what you're trying to say that you would ruin the efforts of posting 100,500 trades?
If I wanted to just trade with you we could set up a trading group :D

SoggyShorts

@Soleil
I don't think you realize how massive the production difference is between big and small players.
These are the trades I currently have posted:
biloutte prom.png

When you post a bunch of small trades they don't really help anyone, and here is why:
1. Small players who could actually use those trades can't see them or if they can, there is a 50% penalty, so they shouldn't take them.
2. Big players obviously would rather click once or twice instead of 60 times.

The way this game works is that advanced players have a much larger area where they can take trades without penalty.
This means that the logical strategy is for small players to post, and large players to take.
This is easy for both parties, and no one ever pays the 50% penalty.
biloutte prom.png

If small players replaced their 10 posts with 1 big one, I would clear the trader in my area several times per day. As it is I rarely do so since it is time-consuming. If this changes from dozens of trades to hundreds of trades I would turn on the "FS only" filter and never look back.

DeletedUser

I'd be very happy if each big player clicked 1 of my trades.

SoggyShorts

I'd be very happy if each big player clicked 1 of my trades.
Then post fewer trades that are bigger, and they will move up on the list. 60 small trades will be at the bottom and are less likely to be seen/taken.

I would like to suggest almost the exact opposite of your idea, and limit players to 5 or 6 trades at a time BUT allow buyers to take a portion at a time if they wish.
trader improved.png
Reduce the clutter, don't add to it.

DeletedUser

I think MissLaree and cailean are terrific traders, they are both helping neighbors that might need help and can't afford the 2k trade. Inno has increased the trader slots to 60 not reduced it.

SoggyShorts

I think MissLaree and cailean are terrific traders, they are both helping neighbors that might need help and can't afford the 2k trade.
No, they are not because
"Small players who could actually use those trades can't see them or if they can, there is a 50% penalty, so they shouldn't take them."
Inno has increased the trader slots to 60 not reduced it.

Years ago, irrelevant to the current game.

DeletedUser

Maybe I'm missing something because if my neighbor put up 100/100 trades, I'd be grateful.
Still relevant to the game if it's in the game.
Inno, please increase trade slots to 90 please.

SoggyShorts

Maybe I'm missing something
Yeah, plenty.
1. They fixed trading by adding "Groups" that you can trade with
2. Seeing few trades gives an incentive to expand. A meaningful choice between having all "easy" map fights and pushing out to new trades and having "medium" fights.
3. Only very very new players in the tutorial chapters would appreciate a deluge of trades offering a paltry 100 goods, everyone else would just see a flood of annoyingly small trades.
4. If your neighbor posted 100 tiny trades it's much more likely that one or more of the many big players near them would clean them up before you did.
5. This one is really important, so read carefully, think about it, and read it again: If a player has a trade up the understanding is that they need the goods, not that they are "helping out", so if a big player comes across a bunch of tiny trades they will not "leave them for little guys".

This is why your idea won't work:when your neighbor posts 100 tiny trades they will be visible without penalty to
0-2 other small players who may or may not be able to take one or two trades
5-10 medium players who could take some or all
5-10 large players who can easily take all and will because they think they are helping.

That leaves you, the other small player without any trades because all those other players will gobble them up back where we started after wasting everyone's time.

This isn't a theory, it's a fact and we have seen it in many events. There will be a quest to "gain 100 marble" so a medium+ player will post 20 trades to help fellows(and neighbors) out. Sounds good, except another player sees those trades, but doesn't know that those trades are designated for a special purpose and gobbles em up to "help out."
Same goes for the FA all the time. One badge requires "gain an MM spell & gain 100 planks" but if you post 60x100 planks they all disappear very fast, and that's despite the fact that everyone knows an FA is going on.

Still relevant to the game if it's in the game.
You keep mentioning it as if it was recent. If the devs increased it yesterday, then it is a clearer indication of their vision on how things should go. If it was changed from 35 to 60 years ago, there could be any number of reasons why it was done that no longer apply. BTW where did you even find that? I don't recall a 35 limit. I believe if it was 35 that was before FS, right?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Then aren't you kind of proving my point that smaller trades get gobbled up faster and create a thriving active trade scene versus 1 trade of 100k? And high chapter players should be doing the same?
If I actually had neighbors I'd be able to see 21 out of 21 small trades. Maybe inno should reverse the penalty and the further out you go the trader fee is higher, versus penalizing small players. Then it's truly global and not about neighbors.

I know it's changed because I used to test this on live a couple of years ago, the same issue of high chapter players only posting giant trades still happens but nothing has changed in the game for them to have increased it to 60. Except for maybe more push accounts.

Karvest

We explained the logic of not posting trades smaller than can be taken by known neighbors. Those who post a bunch of smaller trades either don't know their neighbors or actually have no active neighbors that can accept bigger ones.