• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Maximum Trades with Trader

DeletedUser

Not sure why I would need to reply to Lovec's post, there were no questions for me. She was responding to mine. @SoggyShorts what part of their post would you like me to respond to?

So yeah, bottom line, high chapters trying to control what people can do with trading is not a healthy long term strategy for the game.

SoggyShorts

Not sure why I would need to reply to Lovec's post, there were no questions for me. She was responding to mine. @SoggyShorts what part of their post would you like me to respond to?
Either an acknowledgment that she was right and you now understand or a rebuttal would seem appropriate.
So yeah, bottom line, high chapters trying to control what people can do with trading is not a healthy long term strategy for the game
1. High chapter players have zero control over what trades other players post.
2. Are you not doing exactly this? Trying to control what other players are allowed to post?

DeletedUser

1. High chapter players have zero control over what trades other players post.
not talking about posting. I've made that pretty clear.
2. Are you not doing exactly this? Trying to control what other players are allowed to post?
Nope, anyone can still trade, my suggestion is to allow lower chapters to actually be able to accept trades, instead of high chapters taking all of the trades and then reposting goods at such quantities that lower chapter players can't possibly accept them. That's controlling.

Look! I multi-quoted!

DeletedUser

I think I'm going to go play my game. And hope that the devs make some sort of adjustment to trading. Looking forward to the new stuff to play with.

Deleted User - 86059

Oh my giddy aunt...
Round and round the houses like a teddy bear. One step, two step and a tickly under there.

Jeez I know I am the mod but... @SoggyShorts doesn't like this, @Soleil definitely doesn't like this and @Lovec Krys and @shadowblack are really not keen.

We understand trust me we get it you all will never agree so let's leave it to Marindor to make the ultimate decision as to whether this will go to poll or not because my head is totally wrecked by this tennis match.

Enough is enough

DeletedUser

@Soleil definitely doesn't like this
That's the best one yet. OP against their own suggestion.
but you are right, coming here to a forum to post suggestions, no fun and not something I like at all. Easy enough to not come here any more or my beta city too.

edeba

lmao... That's what I thought... What? lol... I can't stop laughing at this idea, lol...

What.

I must be misunderstanding something about your suggestion. First of all, in later chapters 500 of one good is a drop in the ocean. Second, when I need 20'000 of a particular good (for research or for upgrade) why would I post 40*500 trades (thus flooding the market) when I could post 4*5000 trades? The latter also makes it much faster for people to accept my trades, due to fewer clicks.

I am so glad you are not on my map... But Soggy's right, the quickest way to get larger neighbours to lack motivation to take your trades it waste their time with such silliness.

I don't understand, if you're in a fellowship you still have to trade outside in global? and if I post 60 small trades that might help 20 other people my big neighbors are going to stop helping me because they are annoyed I'm helping others? Maybe fellowships should ask for a filter on mobile.

lol... This is a social science experiment... Put up the absurd and see how long you can keep people engaged and drawn in...

Okay so most fellowships don't use the filter and look for trades outside of their fellowship? and would be annoyed by me posting 60 trades and stop helping me.

Explains the situation well...

@Soleil
I don't think you realize how massive the production difference is between big and small players.
These are the trades I currently have posted:
View attachment 5514

When you post a bunch of small trades they don't really help anyone, and here is why:
1. Small players who could actually use those trades can't see them or if they can, there is a 50% penalty, so they shouldn't take them.
2. Big players obviously would rather click once or twice instead of 60 times.

The way this game works is that advanced players have a much larger area where they can take trades without penalty.
This means that the logical strategy is for small players to post, and large players to take.
This is easy for both parties, and no one ever pays the 50% penalty.

If small players replaced their 10 posts with 1 big one, I would clear the trader in my area several times per day. As it is I rarely do so since it is time-consuming. If this changes from dozens of trades to hundreds of trades I would turn on the "FS only" filter and never look back.

Can I get an A on my psychology class for longest mundane repetitive engagement...

Maybe I'm missing something because if my neighbor put up 100/100 trades, I'd be grateful.
Still relevant to the game if it's in the game.
Inno, please increase trade slots to 90 please.

Going for an A+.... I mean, surely you jest..

Is it just me? or does @SoggyShorts not read the whole post?

DeletedUser2775

I've done my best to read the threads.

I am both that someone who gets fed up of posting and reposting Tier I in 100 amounts,, because I need 5, it's my own boosted and I can't buy it from the wholesaler
And the person who needs 50k and would rather post all at once than break it up..

I have often bought at 1 to 1.5.. trader fee because it was the right amount and ignored better deals, because I couldn't afford it or it was more than I wanted.
We cannot expect players who trade in 10k amounts to break it down into 500 pieces,, at the same time, those players need to accept that their trades will stay up longer... or not.
If there was a filter on the trade, the one I would like to see is a limit on how much Tier III you can offer for a lower price, and also a way of preventing a 3 star trade by reducing by 3%.. ie 1000 for 995..

SoggyShorts

This is a social science experiment... Put up the absurd and see how long you can keep people engaged and drawn in...
I actually had another forum member private message me and we figured out this was probably someone's test of their A.I. program.:p

DeletedUser2775

So .. would extra slots solve the problem?
I don't think so.
A filter.. maybe .. if it adjusted stars and limited back cross tier trading.. but what would that do the newbie who really needs 100 planks and would sell almost anything for it.
That said.. 3 star should be adjusted.

DeletedUser2775

So .. would extra slots solve the problem?
I don't think so.
A filter.. maybe .. if it adjusted stars and limited back cross tier trading.. but what would that do the newbie who really needs 100 planks and would sell almost anything for it.
You've Turning tested me.
I am not a robot.

SoggyShorts

Agreed. IMO 3- star designation should be reserved for 25% discounts.
Most importantly the best trade should be on top, not the biggest. Right now a 10,001 for 10,000 trade is above a 5,000 for 3,000, and that's dumb.

As far as the newbie who needs 100 planks, all he has to do is ask. 100 planks is totally meaningless to 99% of players. If every single active player in chapter 1 stole 100 planks from me each I wouldn't even notice.:p

DeletedUser

@Maiya welcome to the conversation.

The reason I changed the suggestion was based on responses and hoping, instead of derogatory comments, for people to make it better.

When someone said if I post 60 trades they will stop helping me and others, I changed it to 90 trades.
When someone said they would only use fs only trades, I changed it to no fs only trades.
My changes were purposeful, based on derogatory comments.

None of the slots were concrete, but people saw them as concrete.

If I believed that people were actually trading for need and not for keeping their inventory levels even, I may have not made this suggestion. But we'll see what happens with the new buildings and if the trading becomes worse because they now have more goods to trade.

Btw, you can trade for 5 items. I had 60 trades with a qty of 5. And perhaps my next suggestion will be for everyone to post 60 trades at once in an event.

Until then, I take my leave from the forum.

SoggyShorts

The reason I changed the suggestion was based on responses and hoping, instead of derogatory comments, for people to make it better.
Absolutely untrue. You displayed ZERO ability to incorporate the ideas of others or address any of the issues they brought up. In fact, you openly admit that your response to any criticism was to goad other players by doubling down on any flaws that were pointed out to you.

When someone said if I post 60 trades they will stop helping me and others, I changed it to 90 trades.
When someone said they would only use fs only trades, I changed it to no fs only trades.
My changes were purposeful, based on derogatory comments.
Was that your first time seeing feedback? The way you responded was the absolute worst way possible.

Players informed you that flooding the trader with 60 tiny trades instead of a few larger ones is irritating and since people don't enjoy being irritated they may be less likely to help you.
Your response was to make your idea more irritating?o_O
Imagine you own a restaurant that sells hot wings and someone informs you that they are way too spicy.
Do you
a) try a recipe with less spice or
b) add 50% more spice

Players pointed out that if you made world trades extremely tedious and completely not worthwhile then the logical thing would be for them to avoid world trades.
Your response, rather than fixing your proposed world trades, was to remove the other option?o_O

Imagine you own a restaurant that sells chicken and fish and someone informs you that your raw chicken recipe will make people sick.
Do you
a) try a recipe that involves cooking the chicken or
b) take fish off the menu

Richord

@Karvest, because I can post 60 small trades if I want to. Maybe there are 20 other smaller players who could use little trades or even during events when you have to trade. Pretty sure this has gone way up. Last I recall it was around 30-35 trades now it's 60.
this is not logical like others said.
nice of you to want to help, but that's just making the trader unmanageable without extra options.
If you need something; post it. ask your FS to take them; easiest way.