• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Matching training times

DeletedUser118

I wasn't sure if I should either put it in here or into a bugs thread. I decided to put it in here cuz maybe this is wanted. Though I'd still like to see this changed.

The thing I'm talking about are the shown recruiting times for the different types of troops in the barracks.

Problem 1:

Currently I have a maximum of 40 swordsmen and archers which I can build in one row.

7zpy6v54.png

Which is just fine but why does it show the exact same thing when I move my mouse over a slot where eight swordsmen are waiting to be recruited next? Shouldn't the training time shown be different and not 50:24 m like you can see on the pic above? I would really like to see the actual training time.

Problem 2:

Only Swordsmen and Archers have a basic training size of 12 and recieve full support from the Armory. Why are these two things still shown if you recruit Golems, Treants or Sorceresses? They have smaller groups who can be trained. Please change that as well.

mwqi6xei.png

DeletedUser43

For now I've changed the prefix to "Battle", as all threads related to the Barracks have that prefix. We'll check if the behaviour of the first problem you mention (the display of the training time of a full squad when hovering over the training of an 'incomplete' squad) is intended. If it's intended, your idea will stay here in the Ideas Forum. If it's not, I'll move it to the Bugs Forum.

For the second problem you mention: the training size is currently based on a unit's weight, not on the actual number of units. Sword Dancers and Archers just happen to have weight "1", so the number is the same. Treants and Golems have a higher weight number, so you need more space to train an extra, but the basic training size stays the same. In short: the current display isn't a bug. Your proposal to change the display of the basic training size to a display of the max squad size of that particular unit, is at the right place here in the Ideas Forum. ;)

DeletedUser283

I can confirm the error regarding the training time displayed in the popup when training an incomplete squad (I was about to report it but @Katzenprinz was faster :) )
the time displayed under the training slots is accurate, though;

DeletedUser43

The first problem was indeed a bug, but is now fixed with update 0.22:
The timer in the Barracks tooltip now correctly shows the training time for the number of units you are training
I'll leave this thread open for the second idea. :)

DeletedUser283

I support this suggestion regarding the training squad size to be displayed in the pop-up

along the same line, maybe something could be done in the "army camp" tab as well :
it says "squad size on the battleground : XX"
but due to differences in unit weight, this number only applies to sword dancers and archers
it would be interesting to have the same info for treants, golems and sorceresses ( or their human equivalent) instead of having to calculate every time, or to wait to be in the troop selection screen before a battle, to actually know;
I do not feel the need to calculate or remember if some piece of software could do it for me ;)

Last edited by a moderator: