• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Market only for fellowship

• Thread starter Nefertitijojoba
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hello,
are there plans to add the ability to market the book deals with the guild ?
With the arrival of those that it seems essential functionality. ( "Writing" with google translation, thank you for your understanding )

DeletedUser43

I'm afraid I don't fully understand your idea. Would you like to be able to filter trades of fellowship members in the trader, or would you like to have more information about fellowships in the Elvenar Wiki? :)

DeletedUser

Hello Lauwi,
My idea come frop FOE. In the game, in the market it's possible to choose if the offers are for all the players or only for the members of the guild.
I don't see the same functionality in Elvenar and i think it is not the good way (I leave google traduction ....I hope that my idea is more clear but my syntax is poor and directly from french ! Sorry !)

DeletedUser43

No problem, I understand it now! You would like some kind of checkbox to be able to (A) see all trades, or (B) only see trades of fellowship members. I'll change the prefix of this thread to 'Trader', the prefix that is used for other ideas about sorting and filtering trades. This specific idea of filtering trades of fellowship members has already been forwarded to our developers, as it was mentioned somewhere else on the forum before. But, as it doesn't have its own thread yet, I'll leave this thread open. :)

DeletedUser

Yes, now having only a fellowship trade would be useful otherwise there is a mix of offers that can confuse players...it'd be a plus ;)

DeletedUser867

The referenced FoE "filter" is actually a "pre-filter" for items that will ONLY be visible to other members in the same Fellowship. The obvious use is favorable trading ratios.

FoE also has a back end filter for Guild posted, Neighbor posted, and adequate quantities. Note that there no filter for non-guild trades that would violate guild policies. As a closely related matter, preferential trades can be safely presented if the receiving party posts a maximum ratio trade in their favor, which the donor then picks up in accordance with a prior agreement. That works fine, technically, but socially it's not very effective because the donor can't just shotgun "favorable" feel-good trades, that nobody actually wants, while the recipients are typically reluctant to post such requests because they don't want to incur the consequent social obligations.

Therefore, I'm not at all persuaded that the filters would be a good idea. Our value ratios are capped at 4:1 through 1:4, uncovered trade are sorted last, and the idea of EXCLUDING the neighbors really bothers me. I'd much rather have vibrant neighborhoods, and I'm reluctant to sabotage the neighbors. I'm equally reluctant to encourage the Miss-Goody-Two-Shoes aspects of Fellowship Only trades, because of the pernicious effect that it has on the social dynamics within a Fellowship.

DeletedUser43

But then we are talking about two different filters:
  1. A filter to only see the trades of your fellowship members. It looks like everyone so far is in favor of this option.
  2. The ability to put trades on the market that only fellowship members can take (your other neighbours can't take these trades), and a filter to only see the fellowship-only trades. I see the same problems as Katwijk in this option.
What do you all think? Would you like to have the first mentioned filter, or would you prefer the second one? :)

DeletedUser118

I would like a filter. I don't need trades which only other fellows can accept.

DeletedUser283

we must not lie to ourselves
fellowships are an excellent feature for this game, but I do not feel that a player should be pushed to post "fellowship-only trades"...
when a player posts a trade, it is mostly because he owns a certain quantity of good A and would like to exchange it for a certain quantity of good B;
and not "to please or help the fellowship" !
when a player wants to help the fellowship, he can take offers from other fellows :D ;
to sum this up, I am in favor of the "back end filter " that allows the player to view offers from fellows only, and I do not see any usefulness in tagging offers as "fellowship-only"

DeletedUser778

I agree with Katzenprinz and Philplessis.
It is fine how it is now, with the update. Just a filter to see only fellowship offers, but no fellowship only trades.

DeletedUser43

As LordB already mentioned, with update 0.21, a filter for fellowship trades is implemented:
It is now possible to filter trades in the Trader for trades by Fellowship Members

Here is a screenshot of the feature:
vwFgMHf.png

As I think the threadstarter only meant the filter, and not the ability to place trades in the trader for only fellowship members, I'll set the prefix of this thread to "Implemented". If you'd like to be able to put trades on the market for only fellowship members, please create a new thread. :)

DeletedUser1294

This is a great improvement, thank You for that, Inno!

But it would became much better, if You could choose "only fellows" when You are offer something, too!

Inside of our fellowship we try to help each other as well as possible. This also means to share goods I need myself to help a fellow who needs it very urgendly. How annoying if this scrimped and saved goods become snatched by any other person, e. g. a neighbour who is never helpful and mostly inactive...

So I think it would be a large improvement to be able to save offers only for fellows...

DeletedUser778

Fellows who needs some kinds of goods urgent can place offers demanding it and you can then accept it, so that noone can snatch the stuff away.
In the best case someone else takes the offer faster so he has his urgently needed goods and you still have your needed goods.

DeletedUser867

I'm also very reluctant to support anything that will sabotage healthy neighborhoods. We still have a LONG ways to go, including a better algorithm for dealing with low activity players, but the Elvenar representation of cities, on the world map, provides us with a wonderful opportunity to solve the long standing problems associated with fragmented neighborhoods.

Neighborhood development is a problem that we should not just shove under the rug.