• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Mark Player in Trader to "Black List/ignore"

Brummbaer

Reason:

Often the same player is placing trades with a bad trading ratio: 1 Star and less

This is not helpful and disturb the trading help.

If it is possible to mark those players and "hide" this trades, the trading system becomes more actractive
and avoid to pickup trades accidently

This is an example:
1616332124431.png

Uffauffa

I think it’s better a trade marking than a player marking, see Heffernan.
And yes, it can be useful and safer, especially for app users.

Karvest

Many players don't want to have any deal with market manipulators, including 3* trades posted by them. Hope next chapter would make their dirty business much harder (if even possible), at least for ascended goods.

Enevhar Aldarion

We have argued discussed this a lot on the US forum too. Some people would simply like to see 0-star trades to only be visible within a fellowship, since the vast majority of those for normal goods are balancing trades to help smaller cities. I am not sure the same is true about the sentient, or if those are just greedy players waiting for someone to click the wrong spot. Of course, making them visible within a fellowship only makes me wonder how they would code that for people not in a fellowship at all. Would they be blocked from posting 0-star completely? Also, does anyone have the ratio amount where a 1-star becomes a 0-star?

I also have to say I have seen a disturbing trend in comments about these on the Facebook groups. There are players there who are willing to take these trades because "they are better than using the Wholesaler". That is sad and should not be that way.

SoggyShorts

Of course, making them visible within a fellowship only makes me wonder how they would code that for people not in a fellowship at all. Would they be blocked from posting 0-star completely?
They'd be able to post 0-star, but no one would be able to see those trades.
Your idea to only show 0-star within a FS would be a simple programming filter like the FS only tickbox we have now, but hidden and always "ticked"
Also, does anyone have the ratio amount where a 1-star becomes a 0-star?
I'm not sure, but this points to another issue that hiding 0-starts doesn't address: I actually don't want to see 1-stars from outside the FS either because unless those are also universally blocked outside of FS then the market manipulators will still make everything worse for everyone else.

Alcaro

+1
At first I was not sure which suggestion is better: to block a player or to hide 0* and/ or 1*. First I thought at the second option but then I remembered how many young cities I have in my NH lately and I always pick their super tiny trades cuz their 0* trades aren't even causing a dent in my stock. Then I remembered that are some outrageous -3* trades always placed by the same players.
So, yeah, I fully support blocking players instead of hiding trades.

Lelanya

As for the trend to say it's better than the Trader
The Trader has a terrible rate unless we place and level a BTG a fair bit.
I have to say on Social Media a person could conceal the fact that they are the unfair traders we avoid and then advance some whackadoodle theory to justify their gouging practices.