• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion March of the Herds

Elderflower

I love the halflings cultural buildings you can win in this event. .
Me too. I really coveted that Fruitful Fields, unfortunately I spent a couple of hundred sugar beets on day one and still didn't manage to get it. :( I so hope that it comes round again.

DeletedUser607

with the magical magnificient magic multiplier ;) as todays daily prize, who wants to experiment on it?

DeletedUser1075

with the magical magnificient magic multiplier ;) as todays daily prize, who wants to experiment on it?
Not me. Elvenar doesn't do a good enough job helping me understand how or even whether the Dwarven Bulwark and other wonders help my troops (sorry, but claiming a multiplier doesn't give me a clear sense of value). I can't imagine why I'd bother testing this disappearing act. I'm sure there will be prizes whose value is much clearer.

DeletedUser724

I like that they have "resolved" the issue of using level 1 workshops to fulfill the "Produce Bread/Advanced Tools/Basked of Groceries x times" quests by adding a "Gain Supplies" requirement but the amount that's being asked seems a bit excessive. :eek:

Terrible !!!
quest to produce 40 bread with a side quest to gain 404k supplies

I should go back to kinder-garden school
that gain do not refer anything except produce

I have no idea why Inno use gain instead of produce
it is quite mis-understanding ( that is the reason why i need to go back to kindergarden), if quest can only be done with produce , why use gain

I just work out
suppose you have 10 workshop ( it is a reasonable amount for non-diamond player)
at maximum level and at 170% culture bonus

take my case
level 25 workshop at 170% culture bonus, 1 hour produce bread is 4097 supplies
it will take 4 hour X 10 workshop ( 1 hour ) to complete 40 bread ....( in past, we handle it with temp workshop , now , it do not work )

for the side quest 404k, it will take 9.9 hour x 10 workshop ( 1 hour ) to produce 404k supplies, even a working life, it is 8 hour working only..9.9 hour, it will have a great impact on your real life .... Too Terrible, apart from robot, is there any player pop-in every hour to re-start 1-hour workshop

If you do not have 170% culture bonus, the problem will be expanded !!!

I also take another calcualtion

if I reserve 10 level 25 workshop to do 5 minutes, and get some temp workshop to produce 40 bread
level 25 workshop at 170 culture bonus , give me 636 supplies
it will take me 5.3 hour busy at looking the LCD and keep on re-start......Too Terrible, apart from robot, it is not a human works

should Inno re-consider the quest...
reduce the amount of supplies gain.... it is time-consump and too tired for player to do it < however, if Inno allow player to robot [ please show us how to robot ], I would agree it >

next quest ...20 advance tools with side quest 505k supplies.....12.3 hour X 1-hour 10 workshop to produce it

SoggyShorts

I like that they have "resolved" the issue of using level 1 workshops to fulfill the "Produce Bread/Advanced Tools/Basked of Groceries x times" quests by adding a "Gain Supplies" requirement but the amount that's being asked seems a bit excessive. :eek:
@conqueror9
Agreed! these quests were tedious before, but at least you could work around them by sacrificing a large area to build extra workshops, but now it is just silly.
If the quest is to make bread 40 times, but in order to get the supplies for the second half you need to make bread 100 more times, then something is wrong.

@Marindor
I totally understand if inno wants to stop players from completing quests using level 1 workshops, but they went waaaay too far.
If you want us to use max level workshops to complete the quest, then just calculate how much a max level WS makes for that production each chapter and make that the required supplies, not 100x that much.

Current example:
Quest: 20 adv tools + 300K supplies
My max workshops make 3,000 supplies for adv tools.
That's 100 advanced tools productions to satisfy the quest!

DeletedUser607

@conqueror9 : "gain" is used because you can fullfill that quest with other means than just production. for example AWs or NBH. and clearly, NBH does not produce things, it makes them appear.

DeletedUser2071

What does it mean where it expires in 5 days, does it cease to do anything and become useless, I may have wasted 1300 beets to get a load of rubbish?

DeletedUser1681

In orc chapter 236K, it's early days but if Crazywizard has got it right there many more to come....
*Leafs through Greatest conspiracy theories of our times* ... aha!!! found it ...Elvenar and the force feeding of Magic academy.

SoggyShorts

In orc chapter 236K,
Orcs
40 bread +236K
20 adv + 295K
10 groceries + 354K
------
I sure how you are at the END of orcs with max level WS.

Joining the pain :( I'm in the Dwarf chapter,
Next 2 quests will likely ask for
185, then 222K:confused:

For people that don't log in at work these quests will be crippling. #66/67/68 I expect to be even worse.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Orcs
40 bread +236K
20 adv + 295K
10 groceries + 354K
------
I sure how you are at the END of orcs with max level WS.

Next 2 quests will likely ask for
185, then 222K:confused:

For people that don't log in at work these quests will be crippling. #66/67/68 I expect to be even worse.

This is really bad news :( Doesn't the dev team realize that (most) players do have a life besides Elvenar :rolleyes:

I hope they will adjust these numbers before it comes live. Otherwise you will have a lot of disappointed :( or angry players :mad:

SoggyShorts

This is really bad news :( Doesn't the dev team realize that (most) players do have a life besides Elvenar :rolleyes:
I hope they will adjust these numbers before it comes live. Otherwise you will have a lot of disappointed :( or angry players :mad:
You want an example for players with lives outside Elvenar?

Schedule:
  1. Wake up- Collect 9h
  2. Set 9h -Go to work
  3. Come home-Collect 9h
  4. Set 3h
  5. Collect 3h
  6. Set 9h-Go to sleep
10 max level workshops
Quests 36-38
6.6 days to complete:mad:
not counting the actual quest to make 40 bread and 20 adv tools and 10 groceries. So over a week for someone with a RL schedule.

DeletedUser607

What does it mean where it expires in 5 days, does it cease to do anything and become useless, I may have wasted 1300 beets to get a load of rubbish?

Well, seems so.

these buildings can in my eyes be very powerfull, if used correctly, and save tons of resources in tournaments or at fighting provinces for city expansions.

but it's easy to waste them...

SoggyShorts

@Juni
Yeah they could be great, but with such a low limit it's really a one off every few months. Assuming you finish all quests and are pretty diligent with collecting those turnips, and the prize comes towards the end, you could get ~16 of them (and nothing else)
So for 2 tournaments your troops could have +80% attack power. Or maybe you place all 16 and your troops are nearly invincible for 1 tournament.

I think getting them is actually a great idea in chapter 8 since all other prizes (that we know of) are worse than what you unlock for normal buildings in woodelves next chapter.

Last edited:

DeletedUser607

@SoggyShorts
yes, that could work, a player could max out the possibly available tournament points, or, with the health-bonus-buildings, could march through hundreds of provinces (given, that there are a lot of scouted ones).

regarding other prizes: there are a few culture + population ones, and there will be the usual suspects (father tree, some unicorns, some codices, and the glossy garden), and, on the other hand, this vallorian valor, which gives free vallorian guards. I bet, that building will be the one everyone tries to get.

SoggyShorts

@Juni
For me, in chapter 10 with a sad little level 15 barracks, I can almost produce as many vallorian guards as 4 of those buildings. Or put another way: 4 of those buildings could double my military ouput :eek:

DeletedUser

@Juni
For me, in chapter 10 with a sad little level 15 barracks, I can almost produce as many vallorian guards as 4 of those buildings. Or put another way: 4 of those buildings could double my military ouput :eek:

Me neither, it will take a long, long time before the Vallorian Guard will work better for me than my Treants