• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion March of the Herds

Elrondriel

Very nice event setting indeed and awesome buildings ! Finally some more elvenarian animals are unveiled.
BUT, I'm slightly disappointed that we don't get an event-based background this time. I would have loved to see some herds gathering around the city !

DeletedUser1901

@Marindor On the announcement page it says "you will acquire Sugar Beet to feed the animals and try to collect as much candis". I'm guessing it should say candies? It says Candis in three spots.

DeletedUser1163

Looks like once activated it runs for like 5 days, so yeah I really wonder what that cooldown timer is.

Thank you so very much CrazyWizard for your Crazy Info Page. I wish you were in my worlds so I could help level up your Ancient Wonders. The rulers of Elvenar should reward our Elvenar players who go above and beyond helping us who muddle through these events. Have a tree mendously fun day.

DeletedUser

I love the halflings cultural buildings you can win in this event. Sadly I will have little to no change to see them in my minimalistic village. I don’t have an abundance of factories, and therefore most certainly not a major surplus in goods. Paying 1550 marble, steel and planks, shortly followed by having to pay 1850 crystal, scrolls and silk, was about the limit that I can spare for these kind of quests.

I just learned that I will also have to spend t3 goods (3x), and that these quests will return at least 3 times in the questline. That is simple not doable, because I will also need my goods for quests that require upgrading buildings, unlocking techs, gaining relics, etc. etc.

DeletedUser1777

Has anyone started a quest list yet?

You should bookmark the site of @CrazyWizard - he is quite fast with providing informations ;)

That is simple not doable, because I will also need my goods for quests that require upgrading buildings, unlocking techs, gaining relics, etc. etc.

You can buy those goods from wholesaler, I think you will have too many coins as all other players usually do :) Don't forget, Timon encurages us to trade with other players too :D

Eventwise:
I really like the new questtype "pay xyz".

I have a question concerning the new buildings:
upload_2017-6-30_17-58-13.png
Do they disappear after 5 days or might there be the first use for stacked and almost useless blueprints? :rolleyes:
Tell us please, how they work :cool:

Edit:
I love it not to click every time "ok" when collected a sugar beet! Thanks for listening to our complains.
They seem a bit pale and are hard to see sometimes, even when the spots are the same as for treasury chests and I know where to search for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lissona

@Flabbes: Marindor said in another thread: "The buildings that will expire after a certain amount of time, will disappear from your city so you will have to plan strategically when you want to use them."

They are gone forever - no blueprints, no academy spells, no wonder from above...

DeletedUser736

It has been quite awhile I did'nt post on the forum. I just wanted to let the dev. know I've actually totally lost interest in theses events. I failed the charming tree quest line due to lack or real world time. I'm simply not interested in letting elvenar rule my schedule for a month to complete a questline. I'll just grab whatever reward I can, but I am really done playing with theses quest lines. I can't even figure out why they exist. Peoples who play casually have no hope of completing them, and peoples who are hardcore at it, get meager reward compared to what they can get for diamonds. Really not worth the hassle.

SoggyShorts

I am really done playing with theses quest lines. I can't even figure out why they exist. Peoples who play casually have no hope of completing them, and peoples who are hardcore at it, get meager reward compared to what they can get for diamonds. Really not worth the hassle.
You are forgetting about a pretty big group of players- those that play more than "casually", and like buildings which don't cost $$$$

DeletedUser1767

Also people who do play casually might not have a hope of getting the grand prizes or large numbers of event prizes, but do have a decent chance of getting a non-$$$ building that is better than they'd otherwise get, which is a nice little bonus, and will stay relevant in their city for relatively longer, since the overall progress they're making is slower. I see that in a lot of my smaller neighbours on Arendyll. Not everyone needs to win the third grand prize to feel like their time was well spent.

SoggyShorts

DeletedUser1163

Peoples who play casually have no hope of completing them, and peoples who are hardcore at it, get meager reward compared to what they can get for diamonds. Really not worth the hassle.

I too found the last few quests difficult to finish, and so do the new recruits in my Fellowship. Events can be time consuming, especially when we have events going on simultaneously in Elvenar and Forge of Empires. Missed out on the Charming Tree but I already have a Charming Tree from the Snow Flurry Event. The game developers have been listening to us and are starting to give us options on the quests. For ex., "Solve 1 Encounter or Gain 1 Relic." So I'm going to try and see how far I can delve into the March of the Herds Event. From playing these events, I've found there are some very useful buildings you can win. Without the Orc Strategists, battles would be very difficult.

I want to live like a halfling. Have you seen their Grape Farms yet? So beautiful. Just imagine rowing out on your little raft to pick grapes. The artistry and animation of Elvenar’s buildings are sweet nectar for the eyes. Don't get stressed out if you can't complete an event. There's many other things to do, like setting up a tent. Which reminds me, I better get a move on and pack my stuff for a weekend of hiking, right after I pay the rent.

CrazyWizard

It has been quite awhile I did'nt post on the forum. I just wanted to let the dev. know I've actually totally lost interest in theses events. I failed the charming tree quest line due to lack or real world time. I'm simply not interested in letting elvenar rule my schedule for a month to complete a questline. I'll just grab whatever reward I can, but I am really done playing with theses quest lines. I can't even figure out why they exist. Peoples who play casually have no hope of completing them, and peoples who are hardcore at it, get meager reward compared to what they can get for diamonds. Really not worth the hassle.

These large quest unlike the tree event you do not need to complete it to still get lots of goodies.
Even if you do not havre the time to finish this in 4! weeks. (yes that much time) you can still aquire loads of stuff with the daily rewards who each event have a few of them that are better than the "grand prizes"

DeletedUser

I like that they have "resolved" the issue of using level 1 workshops to fulfill the "Produce Bread/Advanced Tools/Basked of Groceries x times" quests by adding a "Gain Supplies" requirement but the amount that's being asked seems a bit excessive. :eek:

DeletedUser

You can buy those goods from wholesaler, I think you will have too many coins as all other players usually do :) Don't forget, Timon encurages us to trade with other players too :D

Eventwise:

Seriously, paying 5600 t3 goods (3 times) when the wholesale gives me 150 for 960k coins (first offer) is not an option :rolleyes:
You can only trade with other players if you have goods to offer. And I refuse to place 0- or 1-star offers, because that shouldn't be necessary

Eventwise:

I don't. I have stayed within the GL-zone, and have a very minimalistic village, with just enough factories to progress slowly. I'm now being severely punished for following that advice.

DeletedUser1777

You can only trade with other players if you have goods to offer.
Well I had a quicl look into your city.
Instead of 6 times planks, it might be a better idea to sell two of them and build a third dust manufactory. The game has changed and you will see, the needed goods of tier 1,2 + 3 are much more balanced now. There is no need for a bigger amount of tier 1 anymore ;)

Dony

King of Bugs
I like that they have "resolved" the issue of using level 1 workshops to fulfill the "Produce Bread/Advanced Tools/Basked of Groceries x times" quests by adding a "Gain Supplies" requirement
i just found a bug which fills gain supplies bar instantly but i cant find reproduction steps yet