• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Make the "random" quest event system fair

DeletedUser

Currently the new quest system isn't fair. People are getting different quests, some are lucky and get the easy/short quest others are screwed and get longer quests. :( To make it fair everyone should get the same quests, the order can be random but in the end you should have gotten the same quests as anyone else.

So far I've seen 21 different quests in segment 4 (quests #30-#59, 30 quests total). It would be fairer if everyone would get those 21 quests once and for the remaining 9 quests a random quests from that segment but never more then once. Same for segment 5 (quests #60-#89).

Also provide a real alternative for quests which clearly are undo-able in a reasonable time, like within 2 days. Keep in mind that players who are in endgame can't do either research or scout quests, so research isn't a good alternative for scouting (and vice versa). Such quests should also be limited to only appear a certain number of times (2 or 3) depending on how long an event runs.

Last edited by a moderator:

pilousd

Such quests should also be limited to only appear a certain number of times (2 or 3) depending on how long an event runs.

should I add that getting the same quest 4 times in a row is not enjoyable

It is, to the very least, boring (ie gain 11 relics), also very likely to be complex (ie resolve 9 encounters or 45 tournament encounters ...)
and indeed becomes unacceptable for end game users (ie. scout 1 province or research bla bla...)

why not introducing random quests, but imho it should be done in a clever way so it remains fun

DeletedUser3023

yes.....it was more fun when there was a set list of quests for everyone. I'm not sure what their reasoning was to make things randomly more difficult / time-consuming for some players. And i always seem to be the person to get the "Wacky-List". :(

Yogi Dave

Idea for random quest balancing:

1) Tie the odds of getting a quest to it's difficulty. This may already be the case, I don't know. The difficulty of a quest is subjective and there will be debate of which is more difficult since it depends on where you are in the tech tree and your playing style. So, it can't be perfect, but I think it will generally be better than the odds being the same for every quest. Surely everyone would agree building 3 toolboxes is more difficult than moving 1 building.

2) When you receive a quest, the odds of that quest occurring is lowered. This means the odds of all other quests will rise a bit. The amount it is lowered can also be tied to its difficulty.

3) You can not receive the same quest twice in a row. Perhaps the sit-out period for a quest is also tied to difficulty.

These rules will pretty much removes the chance of someone getting mostly hard quest and someone else getting mostly easy ones. It will also let you breathe a sigh of relief when you get the difficult quest since most probably it won't be around again for a while. For those who haven't gotten the difficult quest, just knowing each time you don't get it, it becomes more probable it is coming adds to your tension. Doesn't that sound deliciously evil?

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

Also provide a real alternative for quests which clearly are undo-able in a reasonable time, like within 2 days. Keep in mind that players who are in endgame can't do either research or scout quests, so research isn't a good alternative for scouting (and vice versa). Such quests should also be limited to only appear a certain number of times (2 or 3) depending on how long an event runs.

I would amend my rules above to include that the most difficult quests can only occur a limited number of times per player.

Deleted User - 56274

I have already said that the currency awarded by quests should be tiered based on relative difficlutly and cost. This would even out some of the issue of having a 24 hour vs. a 3 hour quest (or instant quest) in a row.

Marindor

We're already working on changes based on the Autumn Event feedback, so I'll archive this thread now :)