• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Make the "Magic Academy" deletable

Make the "Magic Academy" deletable

• Yes

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brummbaer

Since the new type of tournament, we can get a lot of spells from province reward and also from the reward chests. Neighborly help also give the chance to receive spells.

From my point of view, the "Magic Academy" looses the must have position.

In the advanced player situation, city space is more valuable than having this building.

During an Event it is a disadvantage, but the tournament can solve the problem.

Let me see your suggestions ;)

Sir Squirrel

Don't see it happening, but agree it is becoming more and more obsolete with all the other ways to get spells now. Mind you the Inspiring meditation spell is only available by making it in the MA as far as I have seen. I will keep mine, but don't see a problem if others wish to sell theirs until they bring out more spells.

Last edited:

DeletedUser118

I have to agree here. After the new tournament has been implemented this building gets less and less needed. They should either work on it some more or finaly give us the permission to delete it or not.

DeletedUser1899

There is always the task "produce power of provisions" multiple times in every event so far.. Beside events and the inspiring meditation spell, there is no other reason to keep it

DeletedUser1939

why isn't this one showing as POLL now???
I would not have voted if i had not accidentally had clicked on it.

Jackluyt

The Magic Academy and Spells are becoming ever-increasingly an integral part of the game.
I would not support making it removable.

Deleted User - 60107

The Magic Academy and Spells are becoming ever-increasingly an integral part of the game.
I would not support making it removable.
Would you mind explaning why? If you find the MA useful just keep yours. Why do you care that other players might choose to remove theirs?

SoggyShorts

I still see my Academy as very useful and I'm certainly not going to delete it. But it should be deletable. In fact, all buildings except for the townhall should be.
I think this would cause some balance issues. If players can delete their barracks, they'll free up a lot of room/culture/pop, and therefore be able to build more goods factories. So to counter this the devs would probably increase the negotiating costs across the board, or future guest race space requirements etc. which would hurt any player that doesn't delete the barracks(or MA as OP suggests)
Would you mind explaning why? If you find the MA useful just keep yours. Why do you care that other players might choose to remove theirs?
Sadly it doesn't work like that in Elvenar. Any player having an option to do something means the game must be balanced around that.
Just like with cycling quests, because players can get obscene amounts of supplies by declining quests, the supply cost of everything is jacked.

The devs and the players are in a tough place on issues like this. Any closing of loop-holes, or reduction in strategic options is met with huge backlash from the players, and any new ways to play that are suggested by players come with harsh counter-punches from the dev to prevent new loopholes from being created.
Another example of this is the tournament update: Players wanted a way to get to #10 without doing 25@6x6, so the devs made it possible with 25@8x5 or 25@11x4, but with quadruple the troop losses.

It's getting pretty obvious that they have a very different view of how hard some aspects of the game should be, and aren't going to move very far(if at all) from their position. I'm actually glad they didn't implement a timer less than 16h for tournaments(the most requested change) since it likely would have come with another doubling of costs, or worse.

Last edited:

Marindor

We can already share with you that this will not happen and the voting didn't get the minimum of 80% in favor of the idea either, so we'll archive this thread now :)