• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Make start of chapter more obvious

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dhurrin

Summary
Where the next chapter actually starts is not clear.

Description
Several players on different servers have remarked on the fact that the advanced scouts SEEM to be in the next chapter if looking at their placement in the tree. And the chest requires x-provinces to advance to the next chapter but gives access to the scouts which are not.

Motivation
Especially during events, and mostly for less advanced players they put in a lot of additional effort in order to get to the next chapter for a better building, then find out the scouts are not IN that chapter yet.
The placement on the tree would suggest that they are and there is no ingame communication about this. The marker at the bottom showing which chapter a player is in is much less obvious than the tree itself.

Possible solutions
- Move the advanced scouts on the tree to the obvious end of each chapter, after the wonders.
This would require the chest to be either placed apart, to be unlocked after unlocking the tech for the advanced scout, or have it automatically unlock a that moment.
- Make the advanced scouts part of the new chapter, so that investing at least 1 KP in the research would take one to the next chapter
- Make a strong visible marked line between each chapter so it is obvious for all players where each chapter ends. Also add a clear warning/description of where the scouts are reckoned to be when the one at the start of chapter 2 is unlocked.

Possible downsides
As far as I can see none at all.

SoggyShorts

Simple yet very important request. +1

There is no reason why they cant just move the chapter graphics to the right a little, seems like something that could be done before dave's lunch break.

DeletedUser607

how about putting them right in the middle of the line?

that way, it indicates that the adv. scout is the research to transist from one chapter to the next one.

Sir Squirrel

I agree I have read lots of posts from newer players upset because they thought they were in the next chapter after they opened the chest (and logically you would think that is the end as you get the chest for finishing the previous chapter), but didn't realize that they had to finish advanced scouts to "actually" be in the next chapter. It would be best if opening the chest marked the beginning of the next chapter and not finishing the first tec in the chapter.
If that is not possible then a graphic change like this (as @Juni said) would at least help.

2m4abfc.jpg
"]

Last edited:

DeletedUser607

hey, that actually looks better than I thought.

thank you for providing this image. it looks really good.

DeletedUser1877

I may well be missing something here. As it stands, I need to open a chest, and complete the scout research to access the next techs.

As I understand it, the idea here is to make it clear to me where I am? The devs should take time away from making important repairs, etc. for only that?

This is not meant to be negative, it is just what I am understanding, and I may well be not seeing something.

Sir Squirrel

With event buildings increased rewards for getting it in the next chapter, some players have even spent diamonds to get to where they "thought" was the next chapter before getting the prize, only to find out they are not in the next chapter. Newer players don't know they have to research and activate the advanced scouts to be in the next chapter and it looks like you are in the next chapter when you open the chest the way it is setup now. This would take very little time to fix, so don't really see the waste of there time and would make knowing where the new chapter starts much more clearer to those that don't frequent the forums.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1877

Starting to make sense now, thank you. I haven't yet gotten (or maybe noticed) buildings that depend on when you get them for their value.
Would saving them in inventory until a new chapter make them better?

Sir Squirrel

Sadly no, they have to be won after you are actually in the chapter, that is why knowing where the chapter "really" starts is important. All the flurry event prizes and the prizes for the valentine's event give better rewards (pop and culture) the higher the chapter you are in.

Last edited:

DeletedUser607

I may well be missing something here. As it stands, I need to open a chest, and complete the scout research to access the next techs.

As I understand it, the idea here is to make it clear to me where I am? The devs should take time away from making important repairs, etc. for only that?

This is not meant to be negative, it is just what I am understanding, and I may well be not seeing something.

yes

but think about it this way. it's moving some lines in the layout. that's not terribly hard to do ;-)

DeletedUser1877

My post was not about whether it is "hard" to do, but asking why it was important. That has been answered, and I understand the reply.

Last question, I hope..... how can I see the dif chapter makes in a prize? We can use the V-day prizes as an example, I see 47/140 and 420 from where I am, where would I find this increase?

Sir Squirrel

There isn't a list that I have found at the moment, (there was one on the live forums for the flurry event prizes though) but I just started my city here on beta and the prizes give me 38/113 and 340 in chapter 1, just have to complete the advanced scouts tec and then I can add what it is worth in chapter 2. In my city on the live servers I am in orc's and the same prizes are worth 195/590 and 1760.

Last edited:

Dhurrin

I just found another incongruity here.
My beta city just opened the chest for chapter 2 and put some kp in the advanced scouts.
And it now is considered by the marker on the research page to be IN CHAPTER 2 without having completed that research.
So somewhere in the game the advanced scouts change position from being considered to already being part of the next chapter to a transitional position.
No wonder so many people get confused!

Dhurrin

@CrazyWizard
Same here. That should take almost no time at all.
btw, a little cousin started a city on the dutch server a week ago, now entering chapter 2...by just opening the chest, just as happened to my beta city.
So I really would like Inno to explain why that is changed later in the game and where exactly it happens that the advanced scout suddenly is considered transitional