• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Make Diamond Buildings for all players available

Brummbaer

Please make the Diamond Buildings for all players available.

The Diamand Culture Buildings especially the "Giant Snail Palace" looks great and the bonus is gigantic.
Give the non-Diamond players also the ability to have such a building.

My suggestion is: Buy this building by investing a huge amount of coins in it, e.g. 100.000.000 coins.
Yes is a huge amount but I like this building and I'm ready to wait a long time to get this.

I'm absolutely sure other players are also interrested in.

DeletedUser519

An even better option would be an event that is story related to game that all players can participate in
They have these events in other inno games and some of them actually have the top premium buildings as rewards

DeletedUser629

I'm all for giving players an option to win premium content. At the moment, Elvenar doesn't have a lot of options for an in-game event, but maybe they could do something with the upcoming tournaments.

DeletedUser283

that could be an idea, but we already know that tournaments will be nieghbourhood-based, and that neighbourhoods are not properly balanced :
players with deserted neighbourhoods will stand less chances to win whatever reward there is

Brummbaer

Dear Goryn,
it think there is a great different. Buy a "diamond culture" and get the result immediately or collect/spend money for a lot of months. It is the same like other situations, spend diamonds or wait and pay. It's a "speed situation". In my example the prize is very high and it will take a long, long time but I have the chance to get this building. In your example, getting in-game winning rewards there is again the missmatch between "diamond players" and "normal players".

DeletedUser629

You will still have a chance to obtain premium buildings with an in-game option to win diamonds. This way premium content stays premium content, and not premium content that can also be obtained with coins.

Brummbaer

Hello Goryn,
thanks for your answer.
It is only my suggestion and the wish to have also the chance to have such a fine building.
:)

For me, the main differnce between "Diamond players" and "Normal players" is time (and the bonus buildings).
The idea offered above, give the ability to reach the building in months. If I spend daily 1 million coins it will take 100 days for one Giant Snail Palace.

Greetings Brummbaer

DeletedUser629

With an in-game option to win diamonds you will still have a chance to get premium buildings. If they would add an option to get those buildings with coins, those who can play all day will still have an advantage over those who can't. Many players are able to get millions of coins a day making it too easy to get such a building. An event will make sure that everyone gets the same chance of winning diamonds.

DeletedUser

@Goryn I don't think "equal" can be used in case of Inno :) But I am sure "chance of winning" is very accurate phrase :D I see this for example in FoE and their events. Of course there are chances for diamonds, but not very high :D And we are talking now about 100% sure situations. I know players can accumulate enormous amounts of coins, but it is not possible without months of steady growth and proper city creation. Player is not able to store/give 1 million coins from 1st day of play. Maybe after many weeks, but not earlier than 3-4 months, and probably even later.

DeletedUser

How does this new $22+ Snail Palace fit into Inno's marketing strategy? It takes a pretty committed player to plunk down a single building at that price - we have to spend at least $50 to have sufficient diamonds to buy even one. So we ask - who's the target market for Snail Palaces?

It would seem it's designed for the "win at any cost" category of player. This would mean it's unlikely that Snail Palaces will be made available to other players, @Brummbaer . The high cost of a Snail Palace is justified by the fact that the buyer is guaranteed to be catapulted to the head of Fairy players. These players would be angry if their purchases were invalidated by becoming available either to others who weren't willing/able to spend.

There's a little back story to my perspective on this: last winter, it became clear that we should delete Goddesses in favor of Residences for highest scoring. I deleted 20, and within 5 days there was an out-of-the-blue game change which invalidated the strategy. My conclusion is that Inno wants visible spenders at the top of the rank list...and Snail Palaces guarantee that outcome.

Even if we're given opportunities to win Snail Palaces, likely it'll be in token quantity only.

DeletedUser503

I am seeing talk again about getting diamonds from some sort of in-game play.
Players have been asking for diamond rewards since nearly the launch of Beta.
We would have been happy with even small amounts as a weekly log-in bonus.
We are approximately 15 months into the Beta version and there are no diamonds
to be found anywhere.

DeletedUser

The high cost of a Snail Palace is justified by the fact that the buyer is guaranteed to be catapulted to the head of Fairy players.
Unfortunately you are right. On my main server it is highly visible. First few from top invested in those palaces.
1. 137755 (13!)
2. 126782 (5)
3. 122010 (3)
4. 113607 (0)
5. 112618 (0)
Difference between Top3 and rest is hard to jump over. They could reduce number of not giving much rank points residences and culture and put a lot of Workshops and Manufactures in their place. Number of points they have will be impossible to reach for a long time even for those who invested in game real moneys but not in palaces. This is another proof that Diamond building are highly unbalanced now and made game ordinary pay2win.

More and more advanced people are quitting and I am happy with that. If they want brainless in game it is ok. But this is move where they will have few paying more, but a lot of paying less will quit. This is typical software company human resources problem: better to have 2-3 paying 1000 or masses paying 5-10? There is no possibility to satisfy both groups. But first option create heavy dependence between company and client. At some point one person can force direction of development. I've seen and even worked for such company. How it ended? Client was influencing even on company HR and in fact choosing who will join and who will be fired. After few "instant cancellations" on last day of month few another people quit on their own during next few weeks. Good atmosphere in company completely collapsed and everyone was under pressure, what of course hit also efficiency. I know this is extreme case, but it shows how this may end. This is simply memo that looking only on those best buyers may end not as it was planned.

DeletedUser

This is simply memo that looking only on those best buyers may end not as it was planned.

It's hard to guess who they were looking at. Some of the US1 players told me how much they'd spent - thousands of dollars - and Inno wasn't focusing on their needs / wants. I find it all confusing - wouldn't we love a peep at the income demographics?

DeletedUser

@bobbipiazza Company I worked with also was not focusing on best buyers needs... At the beginning ;) However with time this changed. At some point changes for them were influencing even core functionalities for all other clients. But most important is their branch diverged from master branch of software and was developed in parallel.

DeletedUser283

honestly, I am quite interested in opportunities to win diamonds in game, but I would certainly not spend them on any premium building, unless it really does fit my gameplay;
we should already be aware that a premium building only offers temporary advantages; it boosts your city for a while (and your rankings too !) but some day another better cash cow will come and spenders will rush onto it, making the previous one outdated :)
we have already seen this with previous versions of the population/culture premium combo ;)
from my point of view, the only good spending is premium expansions, because their value for your city never depreciates :D

DeletedUser

@Philplessis At any stage of game also 3rd Builder is giving quite nice boost. If only there were no gaps between eras, those players having 3 and more builder would be always far beyond others players. 4th and 5th maybe not boost as much (resources are needed or they will be waiting), but 3rd for sure is really huge help.

Brummbaer

Hello at all.
It is very interesting to read all your answers / meanings to this topic.
I'm impressed finding my view confirmed by other members.

DeletedUser283

@Philplessis At any stage of game also 3rd Builder is giving quite nice boost. If only there were no gaps between eras, those players having 3 and more builder would be always far beyond others players. 4th and 5th maybe not boost as much (resources are needed or they will be waiting), but 3rd for sure is really huge help.

@thekandor , would I have a 3rd builder, I could not feed enough gold into upgrades to keep him busy :D
I am very fine with 2 builders and the last thing I want is building myself to bankruptcy in a city builder ;)

back to the main topic : what players who do not spend diamonds need is maybe not an affordable snail palace but just a better wayfarer tavern, don't you think ?

Last edited by a moderator: