• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests Make all story quests declinable

• Thread starter Deleted User - 60107
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 60107

Summary: Allow us to decline all story quests, not just some of them.

Reason for implementing: Some story quests are a waste of time and resources, yet they are mandatory. Making all story quests declinable will solve that issue.

Here's a nice example from Felyndral (on the EN server, but story quests are the same for all servers):
PointlessQuest1.png

I am at the begining of Chapter IV (I have researched Advanced Scouts and am now working on Superior Workshops). Holy Codex is a building from Chapter I! There's no reason for me to waste my time and resources building a Holy Codex at this time in the game, much less 4 of them. Yet I have no choice but to do so because the quest is mandatory.

There have been other such quests where we were required to do pointless things.

Negative effects: None. Players that like these quests can still complete them if they want, the only difference is that players will no longer be forced to complete pointless quests.

Dony

King of Bugs
i am affraid that with introducing diamonds for completing guest race story quest chain it wont happen, and if people still want to play without using diamonds they can since last quest in halfling is declinable, but award diamonds
i even think that doing story quest now make more sense then it did before, because if you spend time and resources on it you are awarded with diamonds

DeletedUser

I actually like the story quests. Give me a specific goal to work too, and also some nice rewards. The exception being the collect guest race goods quests that come to late in the sequence (happened with the fairies and most definitely with de sorcerers).

As they are called story quests, it would be nice though if we got more of a story ;)

SoggyShorts

Sure some quests are really not helpful to your progress by themselves, but the rewards are end loaded.
At the end of chapter 6+ quests you get diamonds, and once you hit chapter 10 the quests reward much needed mana, so I look at the quests as all being part of the greater whole. I know I sure didn't want to spend 200,000 mana to build 50 greenery streets (for a lousy 300K coins) at a time when I needed that mana for techs and MH upgrades, but I for sure wanted the future rewards which now include diamonds.

I'd build 100 codexis for 200 diamonds;)

Marindor

Hi guys,

Story line quests are of course there for a reason :) Not only do they give you the story of Elvenar, but they are also there to guide our players and to bring a bit of a challenge into the game, which would completely disappear if you could just skip them. There are also optional quests to gain some extra rewards and extra challenges, but Story Line quests will also always be there. Since there are no plans to make them declinable, we will have to archive this thread now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.