• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Mail issues

DeletedUser1854

It seems someone in my fellowship has accidentally deleted a semi-important message thread from his inbox. Is there away to help him recover it without recreating the entire thread in a new message?

SoggyShorts

I strongly recommend typing out important messages in any program other than elvenar and then copy/pasting into the game.
Heck even the forums automatically save drafts.

slide

I have, occasionally, managed to grab something back after deletion by finding it in the outbox, but that would depend on me actually having contributed to the thread and also not closing mail entirely.

Karvest

AFAIR that's work only if you do it before game refresh, otherwise messages are gone from outbox too. For me I closed this issue by autosaving all message threads into text files, so I can search/copy-paste any info from there at any time. But that would be good to have such functionality ingame. At least something like "recycle bin" for deleted threads where they can persist for some limited time with ability to restore. At most - with ability to search for specific info.

DeletedUser1854

May need to suggest that here in the forums, have a limited way to get the message back. Maybe have it so if you delete the message you take your name off the list of recipients but as it is still circulating to the rest of the Fellowship we can re-add your name if you did not delete it on purpose.

Karvest

Yeah, most confusing thing is that deleted threads recipient list still contains player who deleted it, and you can't say, will he receive your next message or not...
Not sure how it's implemented serverside now, but probably each player have a list of threads to receive (subscriptions). Threads are added to this list only when someone start new thread/player joins FS, threads are removed from this list when player delete thread from his mailbox/old threads pushed out by new threads due to limited number of subscriptions.
So we need few things:
1. ability to refresh subscription for FS-wide thread for all FS members (may be limited to Archmages/Mages) that will force players to receive thread even if they have deleted it.
2. ability to resubscribe to deleted threads (should show deleted threads1 captions for last X deleted threads and a button to resubscribe).
3. ability to check the list of current subscribers for particular thread in addition to original recipient list that is seen now.

Last edited: