• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Magic academy improvements

DeletedUser1657

I agree with the 2 base issues that are noted in the OP, trying to speed up the MA. I was simply suggesting that there is another way to speed things up by altering the existing recipes. Less relics for certain recipes will speed up those spells, if they did tweak recipes they could change some recipes to include boosted relics as those are the only ones not needed to make spells and thus next to useless as a relic once at max boosts.

To be specific, if you knock a relic off the CC recipe it goes from 6hrs to 4hrs, if you did this for an MM spell it would go from 8hrs to 6hrs.
So you would go from been able to make 4 CC a day to 6 CC a day. This may not be fast enough but is an alternate way to speed it up.

Like Karvest my lvl 5 MA is making CC spells 24/7 and it can't keep up. The addition of pet food hasn't helped and I only do the ones that use my boosted relics to try and save cc spells. Its scary to think how many more recipes they might add to crafting.

Brummbaer

I don not like this general idea (the diamond part),
This again increases the advantage of "Diamond players" and increase the gap between those and the normal players again.
Look at the city expansion for example. A normal player can not get this premium expansion. Yes you a right if you say: "That's the aim of Diamonds", but from my point of view it is not really balanced. I think a normal player must also have the possibility to gain more expansions by scouting (long time to gain but possible), but after this point of free availability no more expansions can get to expand your city

Karvest

With amount of WW from events any player can get enough diamonds to upgrade MA/builders and get some expansions and premium buildings (not as much as paying player, of course).

DeletedUser

@Mykan, okay I understand now what you mean. My cc’s up until I moved to chapter 4 I’m pretty sure only took 2 relics to make, now it’s 3. Interesting that you figured out that it’s the number of relics that determines speed. I was wrong it was 3, seemed like 2 because I was always stuck on 2 relics that I needed.

That’s also really smart to make your pet food with the boosted relics you don’t need anymore. Currently, for me that will be a long time before I get to do that ☹

@Brummbaer there are certain things I love about this game, and things that really bug me. The magic academy, the builder and expansions. These all should be free and everyone should start on equal footing. This is coming from someone who is willing to spend a little money on a game. But like Karvest said, there are ways to get diamonds in the game, a free to play player has to prioritize building much more efficiently with smaller factories and other buildings. I’m doing this now with a new city. I believe it can be done with what you’re given. If not, then this forum may see a rant thread from me. While I'm an advocate of supporting a game you love, even if it's $5.00 when you can, you should also be able to do the same things if one cannot afford to support the game monetarily but instead with love and affection :)

So using Dony’s suggestion from another thread, maybe the answer to this is another wonder type building that speeds up different things if one doesn’t have instants.

If you guys don’t mind answering this, why are you making so many cc’s? What are you using them on? Are you using them up as fast as you’re making them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

I don not like this general idea (the diamond part),
This again increases the advantage of "Diamond players" and increase the gap between those and the normal players again.
Look at the city expansion for example. A normal player can not get this premium expansion. Yes you a right if you say: "That's the aim of Diamonds", but from my point of view it is not really balanced. I think a normal player must also have the possibility to gain more expansions by scouting (long time to gain but possible), but after this point of free availability no more expansions can get to expand your city
I designed this with awareness of non-paying players. In both 1b & 1c (more levels) Magic Academy lv 3 becomes obtainable without diamonds. And I designed the higher levels with diamond amounts, which should be reasonable to most players (and it should still also increase the revenue for Inno, so it makes chance of implementation higher). There are several sources of ingame obtainable diamonds, so this should be achievable even without paying.
Anyway, since lowering the spell cost is not a bad idea, I added it as a 1d variant with some examples for MM & Catalyst.

@soleil You don't need 5 builders, with them you can build faster, but you usualy go faster into the state when all of them are just doing nothing for some time. My recomendation for non-paying players is 3 builders as a compromise (once entering dwarves they start getting diamonds 400 diamonds/chapter, so perfectly obtainable).

About CC: In my main city I'm using them on:
Temporary military boost building (highest priority, building for boosting HP being top priority (due to my MM spell relics))
Valorian valor (I currently have 3, and I've reserved space for 5)
Pet food (for boosting my fire phoenix, currently testing if I'll use it only on my top tournaments or on others too)
Orc Strategist building (currently not priority, I have 3, in future probably more, but currently without reserved space for them)

With pet food added I almost stopped MM creation these days, currently I'm replenishing CC stock to 25 or 30. Lately the above buildings came several times after each other and then longer pause came. So I want to have some stock of CC to be able to create all temporary military buildings which appears in MA.

DeletedUser

@Lovec Krys thanks for all of the good info. The reason I’m against upgrading the magic academy is because Elvenar already looks like a cash cow. For people who don’t like pay to win games, me included, it gives the wrong impression. Inno needs to focus more on something that people want to spend money on, to change free to play players into players who can get behind the game and support it.

The outpost is a good example of this, if there is a reactivation spell that I can use for later events, this was a neat purchase because I stopped for 8 days to research and didn’t lose out too bad for doing so. It didn’t really give me an edge because I wasn’t doing quests for 8 days. Having never finished an event before, I was fully prepared not to be able to finish it as well. If there is no reactivation spell, then I will never buy another one. It was also cheaper than buying 1100 diamonds.

If a new player starts the game (and not a heavy diamond user) and sees how expensive it is to upgrade the magic academy to level 7, they may just leave the game. It’s a building that is needed to be able to progress through the game.

My “free-to-play” city I kind of goofed already, I bought diamonds for the account but it included the builder. Knowing we get 400 diamonds at the dwarven stage, it’s still okay :D The diamonds I’ll use on the next city.

Your cc usage seems reasonable, keeping 20-30 on hand seems like a decent number. I have yet to see that hp building. Could have used it on my trek to chapter 4. My soldiers were a bit hung over from all the partying they had been doing thinking they were off-duty, when I called them back in because my map changed again. It used to be heavy tier 1 and now at chapter 3 includes tier 1 and 2 and I was not prepared for that. Especially because I built the EE wonder before starting the provinces and that’s tier 2 goods.

Just be careful these buildings and pet foods, don’t replace the mm spells for tournaments.

I’m for tweaking relics, lowering the relics costs to speed up production for those who need it, against removing spells in crafting. Or offering another permanent building that speeds up the spells. Both a free one and a diamond paid one. As far as rotation for crafted items, I’m more for a skip button with a wait time for a new item and not changing the overall time of 8 hours.

edeba

My level 5 MA can't keep up on spells either... I like the reducing spells by a relic idea. I always thought 4 relics and 8 hours was steep for the MM spell.

DeletedUser

@Lovec Krys Twice now I've had things I'd like to create back to back (one I missed-gots to get my sleep) , what about no time limit on crafted items but we can skip each one individually? It's a bit odd to me that we can only create 1 at a time but the selection is in a group of 5.

Lovec Krys

@soleil That would require quite an overhaul in crafting rotation. Definitely more than just shortening the rotation time (and much more clicking from players, now they just have to check the list and wait for the new ones to appear. Your suggestion would make players to manualy click on each slot several times per day - that would annoy most players much more than missing one thing from time to time).

Karvest

If you need more than one item from current recipe list, but don't have time to produce both or don't going to be online when production of the first item ends - you can use time instants. That's most profitable usage of them besides speeding up things to finish event.

DeletedUser

If there are more than then the current items to craft (100’s of items) it could be weeks or months before I see the same item again. While it might need a major overhaul, if it’s not working then change it. Not sure shortening time would be better. idk

1. 7 day expiration date (resets once a week) and diamonds for those that want to reset it all the time
2. The items to craft are treated as individual items not a group of 5
3. Manually skip ones that you don’t want (wait time less than 8 hours?) and diamonds for those who don’t’ want to wait.
4. Clicking- it’s only 5 slots two or three times a day? Sorry, I don’t see what the big deal is. I have tons of stuff to click on in my city and adding a few more isn’t going to bother me any.
5. Players who don’t play every day, would be less likely to miss items.

I'm saving my time instants for buildings, especially if it's an item that is consumed.

Lovec Krys

@soleil While I realy don't want to click more than I have to, your suggestion made me to think about that issue and during today an idea came to my mind:
Why not to implement the exact opposite of your suggestion?
Instead of manualy rotate each slot, do the exact opposite and manualy stop rotation for selected slot(s)?

I added a point 3 to the suggestion, which covers this problem by allowing players to manualy disable rotation for each slot (3a) and an alternative solution 3b, which creates a queue of crafted recipes (similar to the military queue), which allows to queue more than one recipe for crafting and in addition allows automatic rotation of all slots even while crafting is in progress.

I have also added one more suggestion to point 2 (increase recipe slot count from 5 to 6 for more recipes to rotate).

DeletedUser

I changed my mind, if it's going to rotate every 8 hours and you're not on to stop the rotation, you'll miss things to craft. It's still better to use a skip button and have 7 days to decide before the reset.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

I got curious and decided to check and see if anything had changed...
If there are more than then the current items to craft (100’s of items)
A problem that doesn't exist? Check.
Clicking- it’s only 5 slots two or three times a day?
Taking an existing feature and making it more tedious? Check.
Twice now I've had things I'd like to create back to back
A problem that has a built-in solution(diamonds) and an optional solution(timers)? Check.
I'm saving my time instants for buildings
Refusal to use existing features to solve the problem? Check.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Since soggy can't seem to contain himself, you could use his suggestion and use diamonds to speed up the spells (the cc) it's already built into the game.
-1 for 1
-1 for 2
-1 for 3

SoggyShorts

you could use his suggestion and use diamonds to speed up the spells (the cc) it's already built into the game.
You missed out on 2 recipes in the months since crafting was released and are calling for a total overhaul to "fix" that.
Not exactly the same thing as lovecs idea, is it?:rolleyes:
Since soggy can't seem to contain himself
It's hard when faced with such...brilliance

Lovec Krys

@Karvest Like gain 15 Vision Vapor quest when all you have in your MA's crafting page for two days is just garbage and no non-diamond way to recycle the recipes?

Karvest

Like having not enough catalysts and recipes for pet food, not talking about other valuable recipes.