• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Luxury problem

DeletedUser205

Don't want to moan, but after half a day of being a shipmember,
I'm flooded with money by mainhallpolishing
and somehow I'm flooded with goods too (because of the cheap tradingoffers).

Are you sure, gamedesigners, that this is intended?
I really think, the amounts for polishing mainhall have to be lowered, because after a long period of only 2-5 polishers each day now IMHO the whole thing gets somehow out of control because lots of very active members cruise around and polish to be helpful shippies.

It may be somehow fine for not advanced players to shower in coins now,
so please fellowplayers correct me, if you think I'm wrong ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

Well, nobody can complain about lack of help anymore ;)

And then some people would like to have more than 25 members in their fellowship. Imagine having 50 culture buildings all polished, or 50 donations to your main hall, that would indeed be a bit too much.

DeletedUser

Well said, Goryn: I've read many thread where players complain about the limit of members can join a fellowship...I not to be able even to imagine what it'd happen to fellowship of 50/100 players...:eek:

DeletedUser205

I don't think people want more than 25 members in their ship because they are greedy on coins.
It is, because they want to have all their friends around them and don't like to give not anybody a place who asks for.

As an advanced player with mainhall level 15 I get 44.000 (=625000 from 25 shipmembers) coins for each polish per day, although I don't need them anymore (maybe if I decide to scout more provinces, but as we know there is a limit: a province can't be more expensive than the money you can store into the mainhall).
And I had to build lots of residences to get the people for manus-upgrades, and they create coins after coins all the day too.

As a player on lower levels I would had loved to have more coins.
Now I get money rather more faster than scoutingtime is and don't have any possiblity but to carry the coins to the wholesaler (for goods I don't need either).

What I mean: on one hand you created outstanding long waitingtimes for scoutings, unitstraining etc. and build that scoutinglimit, on the other hand you now overflow us advanced players with coins (and goods) via the possiblities of fellowships. I think that isn't balanced.

DeletedUser

I actually don't think it's worth complaining at all. It's basically the same thing as you have 24 more active neighbors. I think a moderate amount of active neighbors were intended when the game was designed, not the current level of inactivity that we are used to, and the fellowship is just there to close the gap in between.

I don't know if you advanced players, who are placed in the center of the map with other advanced players, already have dynamic local markets, but I do know that the local markets here in remote areas are dying. These 24 fellows basically are our only trading partners. Before the fellowship I have to produce supplies day and night and manually exploit quests like 'gain 100 population' to buy less-than-enough goods from the wholesaler. I struggle every time when I negotiate because it costs me an entire hour of manual click of the quest 'gain 100 population' to get coins and supplies to buy just 300 3rd-tier goods. Thank god the fellowship is here!

DeletedUser205

don't know which center of map you mean, IMHO the map is manned in circles. Around me are a lot of players on low levels and some (not very much, indeed it is 1 ;)) players similar advanced as I.
And in your stadium of the game I had the same problems you describes.
What I mean is just that: it is not balanced and now it got worse.
The lower levels crawl to get some tiny goods and we advanced now get them blown into our stocks without possibilities to play with them.

DeletedUser629

In addition to the fellowships, an extra scout would indeed be nice. 27 hours of waiting time is a bit too much and i've got no other place to put my money either. I do think fellowships will prove to be beneficial to lower level players because they now have a great option to receive help and goods we didn't have.

DeletedUser

whoot? 27 hours of waiting time? You seem to fight alot, Goryn. :D

back to roots.....
in your state of town, it is not easy to get enough tools or money to get further fast, nigiri.
(My tip: Ignore a long time upgrading manufactories more than ( level5-7).
Build residences and upgrade them. )
At a point (a little more half) tree you will reach quests that are repeatable and give you a lot of coins and enough tools.

Sorella, maybe there is some game development missing at your status ingame (new features, provinces etc).
You are under the 10 best ingame. Everybody who can reach you wants to support. ;)
Be proud of it. Waste money in wholesaler. Shopping Queen. :cool:

For me, it was a great jump and made it much easier ( or much more easy, damned) to get more culture, coins or goods.
Or to support gamers I like.

DeletedUser

don't know which center of map you mean, IMHO the map is manned in circles.

According to my observation, the entire map is a circle. The first players are placed in the center and new players are added to the outskirts of the map layer by layer, and you can reach the limit of the currently occupied map if you keep dragging in one direction. It might take you a long time, but since I'm at the verge of the map, fortunately, it only takes me seconds to reach the limit;).

The lower levels crawl to get some tiny goods and we advanced now get them blown into our stocks without possibilities to play with them.

I now understand what you mean by unbalanced. On one hand I agree with you, but on the other hand, lower levels don't need that many goods anyway. As long as the fellowship system can help us get enough goods and coins for researches and upgrades, I think it does its job well. This game doesn't have a raid system, so the only way to close the gap between the two ends is that you guys are capped by the techtree and wait for us to catch up;). I'd call it balanced but unfair.

in your state of town, it is not easy to get enough tools or money to get further fast, nigiri.

I don't know if you have checked my little city here in beta server, but I mainly play on US server and I'm at the penultimate era there, so I already have the quest 'gain 100 population', and this is exactly the quest that I exploit in hours to get coins and supplies to buy goods from the wholesaler. Without it, I'd have to quit. But still, it requires a lot of time and clicks to just get less-than-enough goods without a thriving local market.

Merged your posts in to 1. Regards, Goryn.

DeletedUser

I play atm *get 50.ooo coins*. Reward 10.000 tools. With polishing neigbours my mainhall (Lev.14) is full with coins and tools.
At the end of tree this quests will waste?

DeletedUser629

I play atm *get 50.ooo coins*. Reward 10.000 tools. With polishing neigbours my mainhall (Lev.14) is full with coins and tools.
At the end of tree this quests will waste?

No. That quest will still be there when the tree is finished :)

DeletedUser205

@nigiri I think you are wrong with your circletheory. lots of very advanced players are kilometers away from me ( in all directions) but some of those who started with me in my neighborhood growed (most not as fast as I but I was premiumplayer, thats the only reason). Lots of players have quit in my neighborhood and some of their places are now new players (mostly approx 4 circles and more away from me).
I tell you, players have spreat all over the map and not from a circlecenter over month to outer circles.

next: I don't want to take lowlevels their advantage from fellowsip away.
I ask if somebody of the gamedesigners has thought about the effect on advanced players.
I fear the bordom we find in our developed level will even grow now.

Sounds like @Goryn did understand what I mean.
He makes some ideas what could help.
I even ask designers if it is a good idea to grow amounts in that straight line.
I would not hesitate to give some of my advantages down and get more challenges to earn goods and supplies instead to get them blown into my city, now when I don't need them in those quantity.

balance is NOT to take everybody things away, but spreat them in a way to get attractive game for every level

DeletedUser205

I was and had to learn that I payed to get boredom. Now I am not further more.
The best part of the game IMHO is around tier2 and buildings mostly look best under level10 (but that is a matter of taste of course).

DeletedUser

But U love that game, Sorella. Or don´t you?
Me too, spend some money (more builders and mothertree).
I will spend more when I have expansions to recreate my town.
My aim is a beautiful city like ophion shows.
I am too old for ranking lists.

DeletedUser205

no sorry I don't love that game. I would say it has some good points but really needs clever developing to have a chance on the market. Their are some heavy designfailings, but that is not topic of this threat.

DeletedUser

You are right.

---------------

I´d also pack members together and would reduce tools or coins getting by quests ingame.
But.. my suggestion....they´ll reduce and it is getting a jet point if U can visit 5 neigbours or friends without getting a black screen.
It is YOUR choice, they'll say. -> my opinion
what I mean is putting gamers together is...mayby getting blackscreen by visiting them

Edit by Lauwi: Merged posts. Please use the edit button.[/edit]

DeletedUser

Now I read all you have written to the 'luxury problem' and I want to show my point of view.
1. sorella, you are right in critisising the design of the upper level buildings. They are not looking as nice as the building at lower levels.
2. There is something wrong balanced, indeed.
3. I liked this game very much at the beginning, but now... ok - nobody is perfect - and this game too ;-)
4. Following my rules of life I often slow down my activities of building, scouting and discovering - to help other players with trades.
5. Now, as I have reached the end of the tech-tree and the Top100 I spend my time with raising my help to others and founding a fellowship to be a mentor for lower level players so they can benefit of my goods and other help I'm able to give.
Why not use our high position and overwhelming amount of goods to help our friends all over Elvenar. This is a very important aspect in playing together and to give example how to be not egoistic, only working for our own benefits.

This fellowships give us now the long time missed feature to play this game as real fellows, no longer have to play a single player game.

DeletedUser

@nigiri I think you are wrong with your circletheory. lots of very advanced players are kilometers away from me ( in all directions) but some of those who started with me in my neighborhood growed (most not as fast as I but I was premiumplayer, thats the only reason). Lots of players have quit in my neighborhood and some of their places are now new players (mostly approx 4 circles and more away from me).

I think you have a misunderstanding here. What I meant was the earlier you start to play the game, the closer you are to the center of the map; and the earlier you start to play the game, the more advanced you are likely to be. Of course you can quit the game early on and leave a small city even though you start early, and you can certainly outpace other early starters as long as you spend enough money/time. Older players aren't necessarily more advanced. But in general, advanced players tend to be those early starters who are clustered in the center. As you drag toward the verge of the map, you can clearly see that cities with advanced technologies diminish rather quickly, at least this is the case I observe in the US server.

You say new players can spawn near you- this was made possible when Inno started to purge the inactive players. So now, new players will be first placed into those vacant spots, and then if all the spots are filled, they will start to appear at the verge again. However, with so few players registering for beta server and so many going inactive, those spots will never be fulfilled, so you can always see new neighbors.