• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Long messages in chat box keeps jumping to the end when you want to edit at the start

DeletedUser

HTML5 - Going back to start of chat message is possible now
I think something went wrong with this fix. :(

When you now enter a message which is longer then the input box and go back to edit something at the start of the message its keep jumping back to the end when you input something. The cursor stays at the beginning but you can't see it anymore because you only see last part of message in input box. Looks like when the chat box is full any new input not at the end of a chat message is scrolled to left and input box stays at message end !? :eek:

Game version: v1.59-(8d3b9ca14)-(master) (2018-07-05 21:08)
HTML5: Yes
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Flash Player version: -
Operating System: W7 x64 Enterprise
Screen resolution: 1920x1200
Account name: Lady Ivy
Humans or Elves:
Human

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Jasper, I couldn't reproduce this issue so far in chrome on win 10. Do you still experience it, and if so do you have any more information that could help us reproduce it?

My bad, I forgot I had temporarily turned off HTML5 to test another issue :oops:
Since this is a problem with a fix to this issue we'll reopen that thread. Thanks for reporting!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yes, still a problem, with W7. :eek:

I'm not the only one, see https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/html5.10852/page-3#post-63647

Just fill the input box with 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, then go to beginning of line and enter 1's. You will see that input box jumps to the end of the line.

Might be related to how they try to (unsuccessfully) fix https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/22405-home-end-select-text.10968/
Since this is a problem with a fix to this issue we'll reopen that thread. Thanks for reporting!
LoL, forgot that I reported that one. :D

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks Jasper, please see my edited post above (it seems we posted at the same time). We'll reopen the original issue :)