• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce [17746] Locked Expansions show as unlocked

• Thread starter Deleted User - 60107
  • Start date

Deleted User - 60107

This is a biug that I have encountered on the EN server (two or three times), but couldn't figure out the cause. Now I encountered it on Beta too (but still can't figure out the cause):
In Move mode some (but not all) locked expansions show as unlocked. However, you can't use them - try to move a building on a seemingly-unlocked expansion and you get an internal error. After reloading the page they show as locked (as they should). Screeshots:
MoveBug1a.png
The three right-most columns of expansions show as unlocked (to a certain point).

MoveBug2a.png
Here I managed to cause another bug - while trying to move my Wayfarer's Tavern it started showing on the wrong spot, partially out of the grid. First time I see such a thing, by the way.

MoveBug3a.png
This is what happens if I try to move a building on the seemingly-unlocked land.

MoveBug4a.png
This is how things show after reloading the page. This is how it SHOULD be, by the way - I have not unlocked any of those expansions. Now compare this to the first screenshot...

DeletedUser1987

shadowblack, I'm going to try looking at this problem. What did you do before the first screen shot that shows the expansions are available? Did you just click on the move icon and the expansions appeared available before you selected the building to move? Or had you selected a building already?

Deleted User - 60107

First I gave Help to all players that had given me help (golden hands in my notifications). No idea if that matters, but mentioning it just in case, as some of them likely had all of those expansions unlocked. After that I went back to my town and started looking around, checking things. I clicked on the Move button to see the city grid (helps me plan where to put the next expansion) and noticed the issue from the first screenshot. At that point I decided to make a bug report and started with the screenshots.

That's all I can think of right now.

DeletedUser1987

Thanks for the information. I'll play with it and see if I can reproduce it. If you discover anything else that may help reproduce it, please let me know.

Deleted User - 60107

It happened again just now. I visited the city of player SaHe2004 (after visiting and giving NH to other players). I did not wait for the city to load fully, just clicked on the icon for help, clicked on one of the buildings, and after the pop-up about the coins and supplies received went back to my city. I noticed that the various objects that appear on locked expansions (like trees and ruins) were no longer there. After checking I see that I now have even more expansions that show as unlocked.

I visited SaHe's city and waited for it to load fuylly before going back to my own, but that did not help. Here's a picture:
MoveBug5.png

There are even more unlocked expansions to the upper left, outside of the screen.

Seems like the bug is caused by not waiting for a visited city to load fully - the game gets confused about the player's unlocked expansions if the other player has more unlocked expansions.

EDIT: I visited a few other players and waited for their towns to load fully before giving help. That did not help and the expansions kept on showing as unlocked until I reloaded the game. After that they went back to normal (i.e. showing as not yet unlocked).

After checking to make sure the expansions were locked I visited SaHe's city and went back to my own without waiting for the buildings to load (and without giving NH, since I already gave SaHe NH for today), but that too did not cause the bug to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
i managed to get this bug aswell and it seems like old bug we had before where our expansion grid was just replaced by other players grid we visited recently, in my case it was also after i gave helps to all my fs + people from notification, then i tried to see my grid with planning and noticed i got much more expansions, i will try tommorow to check with each help i give to somebody if i get his/her grid in my town

DeletedUser1987

I haven't had any luck reproducing this. Has anyone discovered anything that might help determine how to reproduce this?

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Unfortunately with no futher replies, we will have to mark this one as 'Cannot Reproduce' for now. If anyone still experiences this issue, please let us know, especially if you can reproduce this consistently, thanks! :)

Dony

King of Bugs
with this fellowship adventures event is very easy to reproduce
1. open FA map
2. open finished waipoint
3. click on the name and click on visit
4. return to your city

if person you clicked on and visited had much bigger grid, you will now see all his grid unlocked in your city

second repro steps
1. open FA map
2. open rankings in left top corner
3. click on any fellowship and click on view fellowship
4. click on any member of that fellowship and click on visit
5. return to your city

can make video if needed

DeletedUser1987

I was able to reproduce it with the first set of steps. Thanks Dony!