• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Guide List of available shortcuts/hotkeys

Useful guides.

DeletedUser1908

Hi Lissi,

Here are the current hotkeys available in Elvenar.

• C: Return to City
  • W: Go to the World Map
  • B: Open the Build Menu
  • R: Open the Research Tree
  • T: Open the Trader
  • numbers 1 to 6 are used to start productions in your workshops, with 1 being the 5 minute cycle, and 6 the 24 hour cycle.
  • numbers 1 to 4 are used to start productions in your factories, with 1 being the 3 hour cycle, and 4 the 48 hour cycle
  • M: open messages
  • H: open ranking
  • N: open notifications
  • you can type /who in fellowship chat to see who is online.
  • you can type /w player name to whisper to a player. If a player has a space in the name, you can use quotation marks to whisper that player. Example: /w ''Goryn Elvenar" hello!
  • A will open the ancient wonders menu
There is a hotkey for logging out, I accidently type it sometimes, but I can't figure out what I typed to log out!

DeletedUser1163

That's good to know there are short cut keys to go to the different
menus in the game. But I rely on my trusty mouse to get me places faster.

Jackluyt

That's good to know there are short cut keys to go to the different
menus in the game. But I rely on my trusty mouse to get me places faster.

I used to feel that way too!
Then I discovered that you can use the short-cut keys to do all your visits in less than a minute - which you can't do with a mouse!
:)

DeletedUser1912

How about a shortcut key for the red buttons ie: decline and cancel?
That would really speed up FA quests and also changing screw ups.

DeletedUser1163

I used to feel that way too!
Then I discovered that you can use the short-cut keys to do all your visits in less than a minute - which you can't do with a mouse!
I like to stop by and visit my fellowship's cities. You also can get some extra coins if the player has put a spell on their buildings. If you use the short cut keys, can you still do this or are the short cut keys just a way to aid quick and get out?

SoggyShorts

You also can get some extra coins if the player has put a spell on their buildings.
This is not true. You get the same amount of coins regardless of what you click on, spelled or not.
If you use the short cut keys, can you still do this or are the short cut keys just a way to aid quick and get out?
The shortcut keys just replace clicking the hands and clicking the "back to map" button. Or for FS visits they keys replace clicking the FS banner.

Edit: Right after posting I remembered she has me on ignore and won't see this.....:rolleyes:
Well I guess someone else can quote me or whatever.

DeletedUser607

do these hotkeys work under every circumstance?

or are there exceptions.

because I am experiencing some, and I have that weird feeling about a bug.

DeletedUser1163

Players using a mouse on a PC or laptop don't need a shortcut to aid everyone since Inno gave us the Notification button (right of your message icon) when we are visiting others. It's just as quick as the F + e button Jack Luyt spoke of in his Elvenar Basics video.

Jackluyt

Players using a mouse on a PC or laptop don't need a shortcut to aid everyone since Inno gave us the Notification button (right of your message icon) when we are visiting others. It's just as quick as the F + e button Jack Luyt spoke of in his Elvenar Basics video.

Now you can use the N key to do the same!!

This is the original video:

This is the sequel - same quick visits in the App!

DeletedUser1163

Thanks Jack for the latest video. Quick question. I know mobile device users cannot read our messages posted on message threads, only the Chat board (screen that swings out on the right side). They also cannot give KPs to others' Great Buildings, only their own. If you download the Bluestacks app to fool your PC into thinking it's a mobile device, will you not be able to read messages left on the message threads and not be able to send KPs to Great Buildings?

Also, can you revert back to the PC version of Elvenar or are you stuck with the mobile version if you download this app? Any help is appreciated.

Jackluyt

Thanks Jack for the latest video. Quick question. I know mobile device users cannot read our messages posted on message threads, only the Chat board (screen that swings out on the right side). They also cannot give KPs to others' Great Buildings, only their own. If you download the Bluestacks app to fool your PC into thinking it's a mobile device, will you not be able to read messages left on the message threads and not be able to send KPs to Great Buildings?

Also, can you revert back to the PC version of Elvenar or are you stuck with the mobile version if you download this app? Any help is appreciated.

There is no reason not to be able to use both App and browser concurrently; I use the App via Bluestacks for visits, and the browser for most other gameplay stuff, switching back and forth.

There is a way to play the browser game version on a mobile device - download the Puffin Browser, and go to settings and select 'desktop version'. It works well but is awfully slow; there are players who use both in tandem to get the missing features you mentioned.

The missing modules were promised for the end of last year - so they should appear soon!

Apparently Apple are discontinuing the licence for Puffin in October some time - so it may not work for iOS - but it still works perfectly if slowly for Android devices.

DeletedUser1163

Thanks Jack for your advice. I'm afraid using a browser to play Elvenar and an app might put a strain on my computer's brain. As it is, it's only charging 77% and my laptop's plugged in.

DeletedUser607

The issue that I have:

When I click on a building (lets say a workshop) with the touchpad/mouse, I get the offer that I can either upgrade or produce. I go on produce, and hit the key 3 (for a 1h production).

And nothing.

This is something that works perfectly on the PC, but on the kindle, it just does not. there seem to be no hotkeys supported.

But everywhere I look, the claim is, that the hotkeys will work all the time. Even in this thread, the initial answer by an ex-team-member is crystal clear on how the hotkeys work. And the keyboard obviously has those keys.

DeletedUser1163

A lot of bugs have been reported. I wonder if the bears are behind this because we are not feeding them.