• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Library set

Nsaplay78

Many of us were excited to get this set out of the spire and have multiples of every part of it since we keep winning more of them each week. However, I think this set has caused more problems than it has solved. The biggest issue is that it produces the specific resources: scrolls, tree gum, and cosmic bismuth. This means that those resources are easily obtained by everyone. That also means that players who have those resources as there boosts are completely screwed. Since they are easy to get for everyone, there trade value is diminished and you cant use them to get the other goods u need. The buildings are so small that everyone is able to upgrade them with each chapter advancement for very few RRs which means they will never become obsolete and need to be replaced. Any 1x1 building that produces goods is way to strong in my opinion. We need something done to this set so that it produced all good types randomly instead of a specific one. The only other solution I can think of is to make similar buildings that produce the other goods so its balanced. You cant just make one of the goods easy to get and not the other two without seriously crippling a large portion of the player base. My city that is boosted in scrolls, I cant give the stuff away. As a result, Im always very low on the other 2. I change is needed

CrazyWizard

There are several initiatives on diverse forums calling for a change to bonus +1
This set is indeed disruptive.

It seems they are aware of the scroll problem but somehow do not see the real underlying problem.
In the past chapter they added more scroll requirment at upgrades, and researches and recently they changed some elvenar researches to ask for scrolls.

It's like filling a bucket thats full of holes, it's better to adress those holes in the bucket instead of filling it with more water.

I think +1 is the only solution, even if lore wise it doesn't work out, these sets are out there and in vast quantities, for example introducing a new set will only worsen the problen as those who have these disruptive sets will not get rid of it, while a new set (even if it's bonus +1) will create a set of players who no longer need any T2 from anyone. since with wehat they currently own + a new set with +1 will create a full circle for every silk player.

I personally own a harvest set in a special configuration, this gives me all the marble, steel and planks I need and since I own the set in this special configuration I have ignored the market ever since for T1, but there are only a handful of players worldwide with such a disruptive set, this is why it's not a problem.

But if you introduce a "new set" you create a big group of players who like myself could ignore the market.

I called this a ticking timebomb since it's introduction, and I think it's about time to diffuse that bomb, it might not be pretty but you can't feed more fuel to this problem and wait till it destroy's the world. it needs to be adressed now, even if it hurts and even if it ain't pretty.

Changing it to bonus +1 might not be the prettiest way, but it's the least worst solution to the issue.

Deleted User - 81190

There is always a way. I am boosted in Scrolls, and don't worry about it anymore. I just don't have any regular goods manufactories at all, so the fact that Scrolls is my boost is irrelevant as I don't trade it. You can hoard those event buildings, produce more T1/T3 and trade cross-tier, you can produce more sentients and trade these and live off decay etc. Or you can wait until someone changes something.

Nsaplay78

I agree that 1+ is probably the best solution. That or just making it randomly produce one of the three possibilties from whichever tier these are in. I think either one will work. I have too many cities that are boosted in these goods and its really frustrating, espeically during tournametns, when u cant get the goods u need. Adding more scrolls cost to things doesnt change anything because everyone isnt in the same chapters. They just need to change the set around. More that do similar things just takes up space and discourages people from trading at all since they will become more self sufficient

Enevhar Aldarion

@Nsaplay78 I am not sure if you are someone from the US servers and forum who wanted to bring this up here too or not, but for the past few weeks there has been a lot of discussion on the US forum about this set. A lot of back and forth on a suggestion that can be forwarded to the devs if it gets enough votes. The current suggestion is for the library building to be adjusted to be boost+1 or +2 instead of always scrolls. It has enough yes votes to be forwarded, but I don't know if this is something the devs would even consider changing.