• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

lackluster fellowship perks rewards for adventure

ayvinul

at first glance, only the top 100 fellowships get points, ranging from 250000 points for the 1st fellowship to 60000 points for the 100th fellowship.

I contend that, again, those rewards are not worth it.

1st place should be at least double that amount, and the list should go much farther. In most cases, getting to the 100th place is lots of work already, and you can get the same amount of points from one tournament and a half ? come on.

It should go to at least 200th or so.. or at least give you some points for finishing the 3rd map.

Enevhar Aldarion

The Top 100 prize limit will not likely change because that is a long-standing thing in this game. Only the Top 100 players in each weekly tournament earn extra ranking score points and only the Top 100 teams in the FAs get prizes at all. So the bonus Perks XP being only for the Top 100 teams is directly tied to the other rewards being just for the Top 100.

As for the actual XP awarded, those amounts are higher than I expected them to be. The top finishing fellowship earns 15k bonus ranking points already, so I was not expecting more than 100k Perks XP for 1st place.

Alcaro

IMHO the Perk XP should be related to the points not rank, like are tournaments/ Spire. There you know for sure that if you complete so many chests/ get so many crystals you will receive so many Perk XP, no matter if on the same position are 5 FS or 200, no matter if you do it in 2 hours or 2 days.
To get a certain amount of points it takes different time. A big FS will get that points faster than a smaller one or not full FS. I do not like the idea of racing to be in top 100.

guivou

for me xp was far higher than expected : 1 point FA one xp , its probably 4x more

CrazyWizard

Who cares, Perks is a long time thing, you unlock all of them eventually.
Also beyond a certain point perks are only for the pissing contest (bragging rights who has the highest level)

Not because they are actually functional.

Alcaro

Who cares, Perks is a long time thing, you unlock all of them eventually.
Also beyond a certain point perks are only for the pissing contest (bragging rights who has the highest level)

Not because they are actually functional.
Wrong, they are functional and most FS are under that "certain point". Care to look at this issue also from the perspective of small FSs, incomplete FSs not just from the perspective of big, fat, competitive FSs?

CrazyWizard

Wrong, they are functional and most FS are under that "certain point". Care to look at this issue also from the perspective of small FSs, incomplete FSs not just from the perspective of big, fat, competitive FSs?
I do, the ones you called will not make T100 anyway :p
They also get to a point it will be obsolete

and FYI, when it comes to FSA we are anti competitive lol

Last edited:

Alcaro

I do, the ones you called will not make T100 anyway :p
They also get to a point it will be obsolete
Exactly my point, those FSs who need XP the most and are struggling to complete at least 1 path/ stage will be excluded from getting any XP with the actual system.
There should be some thresholds which guarantees that some XP will be rewarded for their work.

CrazyWizard

Exactly my point, those FSs who need XP the most and are struggling to complete at least 1 path/ stage will be excluded from getting any XP with the actual system.
There should be some thresholds which guarantees that some XP will be rewarded for their work.
While they might need it the most. it's not for a reason an FS persk.
It would not made sense if getting perks would be made easier for new small fellowships.

At least more than it already is, as the earliest perks are "cheaper" for a reason.
so that argument would not fit.

It would make sense if we would say there should also be FS perk points at the end of each map. as just like with tournaments, and spire you earn come points for the effort. I am all for placing some perk points as part of the map prizes
But thats a discussion that should be seperate from the T100 prizes.

edeba

at first glance, only the top 100 fellowships get points, ranging from 250000 points for the 1st fellowship to 60000 points for the 100th fellowship.

I contend that, again, those rewards are not worth it.

1st place should be at least double that amount, and the list should go much farther. In most cases, getting to the 100th place is lots of work already, and you can get the same amount of points from one tournament and a half ? come on.

It should go to at least 200th or so.. or at least give you some points for finishing the 3rd map.
Totally agree, already did a write-up for my live fellowship that just placing in the top 100 is sufficient and not worth the effort to knock yourself out and compete.

I personally like competition and put 250k ranking points divided by the players and not the this obscure ideology about the FS ranking being a worthwhile place, and then bring down the rewards much faster, 250k, 200k, 175k, 150k, 125k, 100k, 75k, 50k, 40k, 30k, 20k, 15k, 10k, 8k, 5k, 5k, 5k, 5k, 5k, 5k, is 20 FSs only, and high competition to be in the top 10 and as high in the top 10 as possible. And then about 500 players would get some ranking points compared to just 100 with the tournament.

With the interface finally being something that removes the gross yuck that made the FA so unpleasant, I could see preparing and competing for the FA being a super important game feature. Personally, right now I see it as just something you do to boost event rewards.

Alcaro

It would not made sense if getting perks would be made easier for new small fellowships.
I didn't say easier per se, I said to get some XP for completing a path (for example), or reaching 1000 points then 3000 then 5000 (also just an example). Why everything must be a race to the top? Why can't be a lucrative experience where small(er) FS have a goal and working together for that goal? The top 100 will always be Top 100, no doubt on that but why must be such disheartening experience for the rest of the FSs?

Alcaro

we finished the FA on #67 but only because this is Beta and ppl are ignoring the Adventures. In live server, a FS of 7 wouldn't have the slightest chance to finish in Top100.