• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Knowledge Sharing Fellowship Perks

Killy

I really liked the idea of perks, but I only use the 10 free kps to donate them to someone and to be honest, on most days I even forget to do that. I would love some perks with any relevance for me.

Bor de Wolf 1965

The spire perk could have use for you IF you do the spire up to the top but the FS isn't able to get gold.
The tournament perk could have use for you IF your FS is not able to hit the 10th chest or to get a chest above 10 to be completed for some extra AWKP
And also the time perk could be useful for it gives you more time to return the NH and there for you get more hammers in return.

It all dependence on if you are looking with a narrow vision or a wide open vision.

Killy

The spire perk could have use for you IF you do the spire up to the top but the FS isn't able to get gold.
The tournament perk could have use for you IF your FS is not able to hit the 10th chest or to get a chest above 10 to be completed for some extra AWKP
And also the time perk could be useful for it gives you more time to return the NH and there for you get more hammers in return.

It all dependence on if you are looking with a narrow vision or a wide open vision.
A wide open vision doesn't change the fact, that the perks aren't doing anything for me. :p

Bor de Wolf 1965

If you are right, would you answer some questions for me?
  1. Do you climb the tower and how high do you go and how high does your FS get to?
  2. Do you do the tournaments, how many chests does your FS get every week?
  3. Do you give return neighbourhood help and how often?
  4. How many members does the FS you are in have?
I can't find a player Killy on the beta server but it seeme there are a couple players in fellowships with the name "lone wolf" , "me myself and I" and some other similar names.

Jammin

I understand what Killy means I feel the same way with the perks, it was all great at first, but if you're already in a successful fellowship, you quickly have the levels you need or want to have as a backup.
Then it's just lame, new attractive perks should come again. The only question is, what else would be great?
Do you have any ideas?

Killy

If you are right, would you answer some questions for me?
  1. Do you climb the tower and how high do you go and how high does your FS get to?
  2. Do you do the tournaments, how many chests does your FS get every week?
  3. Do you give return neighbourhood help and how often?
  4. How many members does the FS you are in have?
I can't find a player Killy on the beta server but it seeme there are a couple players in fellowships with the name "lone wolf" , "me myself and I" and some other similar names.
Sure, top of the tower, we are always gold, we get always 19 chests, i do nbh on most days and we are between 23 and 25 players most of the time. I finished building the wonders I want to have (tournament formula yada yada yada), that's why I don't even have a reason to trade the 10 free kps with anyone.
I was kinda excited to work on some improvements with my fellowship together, but the perks are underwhelming imo.
Do you have any ideas?
Good question, some extra hp for troops maybe? 1% to 10% or even less? Same with extra people and or culture, production bonus? Just give me anything that feels like progress.^^

Last edited:

Jammin

Lol that was my first thought too, but then I discarded it, I thought then comments will come again, yes yes Jammin you always with more damage more life, always tournament tournament :)

I wanted to write that...

Personally, I would like to have more damage and life in the tournament to save myself a tournament booster, but there are also traders in the communities and that doesn't help them at all.
That would be more for a private perk system.

Unfortunately, I can't think of many things that would benefit the whole community. except maybe:
scout shortening
more than 25 members
Spire wait time reduction

Bor de Wolf 1965

Now I understand Killy.
You are in an FS that maxed out on all the FS activities every week so the perks have almost no use for any of your FS members.
But to 99.99% of the player base that is not in a top scoring FS the perks are very useful.

I wonder what would happen now the summertime has come and some of your fellowship members go off-line for a couple weeks?

And to Jammin her remark, you are right, thinking of some new perks that can help the entire player base is difficult.
Scout shortening and spire time reduction sounds good but lets play the "what if" game on them.
What would happen when you have the scouting time reduction maxed out, say 50% (and that on a scouting time of 5 days).
You start a scout and it is now 2.5 days on its way and your archmage does reshuffle the perk points ant the scouting time reduction gets 0 points.
Or the other way around, every point in the scouting time reduction gives 5% time reduction.
When should your scout get the boost if the perk gets increased but your scout still has to run 4d 20:00:00 ?

More members to an FS that is already maxing out on the spire and tournament every week?
And what would happen with the extra members when the perk is reset to 0 ?

Spire wait time reduction sounds a reasonable perk to me

And for Prueba2's difficulty reduction.
The majority would benefit from it but players in a top scoring FS would still complain that it doesn't do a thing for them.
And with higher perk levels, more FS will hit gold status on the spire, does Inno want that, more free diamonds in the game every week?

But you are still right Jammin, thinking of some good and useful perks that benefit all FS is difficult as long as you need to take the perk reset option in account.
Only solution would be that some perks can not have their numbers reset.

CrazyWizard

There is nothing wrong about brainstorming for new perks,
But there is a difference between a brainstorm for the future and needing new perks.

Fun fact those who complain nothing is "good enough" will never ever be statisfied.
Lets presume a killer perk will be added.
whats will existing fellowships do? they transfer points from crappy perks to that killer perk leaving only crappy perks to level up.

So in the end nothing at all changed for them, they are still leveling up "crap perks"

Thats why I say adding new perks has no point untill we at least get close to maxing out the current ones.
Perks have to expand to keep us busy not to become "good" because we never level up goods ones unless you are a new fresh felowship

Lovec Krys

Scout shortening and spire time reduction sounds good but lets play the "what if" game on them.
What would happen when you have the scouting time reduction maxed out, say 50% (and that on a scouting time of 5 days).
You start a scout and it is now 2.5 days on its way and your archmage does reshuffle the perk points ant the scouting time reduction gets 0 points.
Or the other way around, every point in the scouting time reduction gives 5% time reduction.
When should your scout get the boost if the perk gets increased but your scout still has to run 4d 20:00:00 ?
I think that changing scouting perk level while scouting in progress should have no effect - logic says that it should be counted when scouting starts (just like NH on workers works).

Killy

I wonder what would happen now the summertime has come and some of your fellowship members go off-line for a couple weeks?
So far we haven't missed gold or 19 chests once, therefore I hope we will get through the summer.
Fun fact those who complain nothing is "good enough" will never ever be statisfied.
Lets presume a killer perk will be added.
whats will existing fellowships do? they transfer points from crappy perks to that killer perk leaving only crappy perks to level up.
Well, just give enough decent perks, than they will not get all maxed out right away and there is something to play for. ;)

Shereana

As an option.

If perks will form a tree, then it will make some crappy (for some FS) ones necessary to max, but knowing perspective of having something useful may be the reason to do it anyway, e.g. if FS wants shorter timer for the Spire, then Spire-archive-perk and neighborly-help-extension-perk must be maxed; or if FS wants unit-health-increase-perk - max all 4 perks to get access to it. That's from already mentioned ideas for more useful perks, combinations may differ.

I guess, this can solve ignoring of some perks and question of transfer-perk-points-and-go-to-forum-to-ask-for-more-perks :)