• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Knowledge Sharing Fellowship Perks

Alcaro

Try being on the administrative side of a wonder society for a few hundred upgrades, you'll change your tune.:p
I am and it was indeed kinda hard for a while until I fully understood what my job is. Fortunately we are 3 guys to cover all 24h but still, not a deadly job as you picture it :D and definitely the most fair system to all donors/ contributors. "Few hundred upgrades" can happen in a span of several weeks, even months if the FS has lots of end players with wonders with high levels. But let's not debate here what system is the best. ;)

I know I left a great FS because of Swap threads, if I have to return to Swaps + Net0, I believe I will quit playing Beta. I am not ready to put so much effort in a game.

SoggyShorts

I know I left a great FS because of Swap threads, if I have to return to Swaps + Net0, I believe I will quit playing Beta. I am not ready to put so much effort in a game.
LoL same but different:
We've discussed it and If we have to go back to Wonder Society we'll quit Beta and all Live accounts because we're not going to put that much administrative effort in again.
Traditional swaps are, of course, off the table too.

Last edited:

ekarat

As it stands now I plan to avoid this 'perk' like I avoid the plague. Who needs the drama and upset?

I do. I think it's the best perk due to the free KP (and the spire one the worst -- it is a buffer against bad weeks in theory, but I don't see that happen in practice).

The only downside is that people argue over how to distribute it fairly? Even with net0, it only screws up if you contribute at least 6 extra to the same wonder?

Lovec Krys

I do. I think it's the best perk due to the free KP (and the spire one the worst -- it is a buffer against bad weeks in theory, but I don't see that happen in practice).
Spire can be very usefull for those FA, who don't get Gold regularly (especialy if extra points are saved after 1330).
On the other hand, KP perk is just a waste of perk points for me. I can put out all the evos from inventory to get more KPs than this perk will ever provide (when i have space for them after finishing the chapter (endgamers advantage only)). And the best thing about those evo's KPs is that i can use them in my own wonders.

Karvest

This perk give KP in addition to anything you can put in your city, and give it to the whole FS, which turns out into significant boost (much more than you can achieve by tournament perk, which at best can give one more chest (10KP+1RR) every other week).
The administration cost can be minimized if free KP would appear in AWs as a separate row which won't be bound to specific person and won't interfere with any KP sharing system.

FieryArien

The administration cost can be minimized if free KP would appear in AWs as a separate row which won't be bound to specific person and won't interfere with any KP sharing system.
This would be optimal solution in my opinion. It’s probably only the second time I read it and I feel the need to highlight it more. ;) It really solves the majority of our complaints.

InnoGames

Your friendly forum bot
Sneaking in: The perk will be added to the Fellowship Progression feature today :) Be sure to tell us what you think!

maxiqbert

so we tried it : reset all, validate 3 levels of KP sharing perks and TADAAAAAM
no free point to be seen anywhere...
What am I missing?

Droopy

Could somebody clarify a bit more what the "Advanced help" should do?

It ?increases? the time frame in which you receive a bonus.
Is every step 4 hour?

maxiqbert

Could somebody clarify a bit more what the "Advanced help" should do?

It ?increases? the time frame in which you receive a bonus.
Is every step 4 hour?
Every step is 4 hours, it is supposed (yet to check) to let you get tools when returning neighbourly help for a longer time frame.
Normally it is 23h, it should last 27h with 1 level perk, 31h with 2 levels of the perk.

ekarat

Sorry, I could have phrased that better. This is my first exposure to net0, and I'm still learning about it, but I found a thread with the rules.

I meant that the main obstacle is fairness over small amounts of KP. If one stops worrying about that, the next obstacle comes in when 6 KP is donated for free to a single AW, which could mess up the chest ordering (when chests differ by only 5 KP).

PS My initial reaction to net0 was negative, but upon further reflection, the benefit of a low-maintenance way of spending excess KP is growing on me, so I'm warming to the idea.

SoggyShorts

I meant that the main obstacle is fairness over small amounts of KP. If one stops worrying about that, the next obstacle comes in when 6 KP is donated for free to a single AW, which could mess up the chest ordering (when chests differ by only 5 KP).
Yeah, but there's not really any such thing as small amounts of KP.;) It's pretty easy to get a level 4 KP perk which is 100 KP per day in a full FS or 36,500 KP per year. At max level it gets close to 100K per year.

If the developers ignore all of the feedback I think the work-around for Net0 FS will be for players to pair up and each designates a wonder for the Perk KP. Once that wonder is about 1/2 full add it to the Net0 swap like normal.

galrond

My FS has just unlocked the KP sharing perk.
We do swap treads, and I have no problems incorporating the free KP.
But it annoys me, that the "free KP" button replaces the "bulk kp" button.
I think it´s lame, that you have to use the free one before giving the bulk KP o_O
I think, that it more often than not will be inconvienient, and never be a good thing :rolleyes:
Plz find another solution (extra button).

Maillie

I don't get it. First they come up with a formula that punishes for each level of AW. Next they come up with a way to get people to donate kp into another player's AW's. Most of my AW's are full and not upgraded as it is :confused:

ekarat

I don't get it. First they come up with a formula that punishes for each level of AW. Next they come up with a way to get people to donate kp into another player's AW's. Most of my AW's are full and not upgraded as it is :confused:

Punish me! I'll take that punishment! :)

More seriously, with a lot of AWs, the penalty is less than the benefit, so I still find them worthwhile.

It makes perfect sense -- they're using it as a rough estimate of your city's power, and they want to increase the costs the more powerful your city. The only issue is scaling -- and the research factor is scaled too heavily and is indeed too punishing. The AW factor isn't all that punishing if the AW is one of the good ones.

Lovec Krys

@ekarat The problem with the formula is simple - all factors are multiplying - therefore the formula is exponential. And with exponential formula it is only a matter of time, when costs gets completely out of control for end game players (first affected with lots of wonder levels & lots of expansions).

ekarat

@ekarat The problem with the formula is simple - all factors are multiplying - therefore the formula is exponential. And with exponential formula it is only a matter of time, when costs gets completely out of control for end game players (first affected with lots of wonder levels & lots of expansions).

Yes and no. AW is multiplicative with research, but AW is additive with AW. That is, each new AW level matters less (multiplicatively) than the one before it.

And as a mathematician, I have to object that it's not growing exponentially when the number of factors is fixed. It's only mandatory research that is exponential. The other factors are just linear (with an offset).

So, yes, I think the research portion is too much. The other factors grow in a reasonable fashion. It's research that's the problem.

Edit/Addendum: There are also some scaling issues for goods (eg seeds and the like) other than manufactured goods, but that's getting further from the point/topic.

Last edited:

Killy

The research part is the exponential part (and they missed the scaling of the chapters).
The AW part is a bad way to nerf the wonders (instead one could have just nerfed the wonders directly).
The expansion part is just stupid.

Last edited: