• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Knowledge Sharing Fellowship Perks

edeba

We've got one player in our net zero system trying to start a boycott because of forcing the kp threads. Net zero is such a superior system.

This could work if you create a new kp instant that can only be spent in AW and we collect it daily but spend it in an AW of our choosing at a time of our choosing. Then we can save enough to fill a chest, or use it as part of mix when we fill a chest.

Killy

You would anyway need to do the math at the end, at least to be sure that both of you haven't messed up anything.

Too much work for me, I just gonna trade them with one person I trust and that's that.^^

Aeva

How fair would it be to give those free kp's every day to another member of an FS following the list (full FS your turn is every 25 days) and you give the one you want to be filled the heart? That one AW should get 24x5=120 in one go and would not influence the Net0 because everybody contributes and you can substract this total from the owners contribution.

Lelanya

The fact is, in every fellowship there are several different types of strategies for KPs and Ancient Wonders that are used. So now we have a process introduced that requires organization by the leaders and participation by the members. I can see why the developers would find that appealing, and I can also see the consequences. This is one more feature that will create either good will or dissent; that will make or break a fellowship.

Enevhar Aldarion

In one of my fellowships, there are the usual KP chains and those AWs are not hearted. Then everyone hearts a 2nd AW they would like points in, for map neighbors or for fellowship members not using the KP chains. Simple.

Karvest

How fair would it be to give those free kp's every day to another member of an FS following the list (full FS your turn is every 25 days) and you give the one you want to be filled the heart? That one AW should get 24x5=120 in one go and would not influence the Net0 because everybody contributes and you can substract this total from the owners contribution.
1. Not everyone would be online every day for fair distribution.
2. It would influence cross-fs net0.

Skillpowers

i see that alot of complaining is about net0 (no clue what it is) but im kinda confused with the being "forced" to spend it on another fellowship member since you get the free KP from the perk and a option is created to spend KP from that perk. why not CODE that you only see that option in your own AW and that you can use those free KP from the perk daily on ur own AW. this system is basicly like a "daily reward" that you pickup. its much easier to just spend it in ur own AW then another fellowship member since its the fellowship that upgraded the perk to use that option anyways.

SoggyShorts

We want this feature to strengthen the bond of Fellowships, not having you fight over points :)
If that is the case, please @InnoGames @The Evenstar don't make them expire.
Once we have purchased the perk and earned the daily KP by logging in every day having them expire feels needlessly punitive.

Making them expire daily forces players to either spend unfairly (which defeats your goal of creating stronger bonds) or to keep expiring KP fair forces us to come up with an even distribution workaround. This is objectively awkward adding unwanted administration and doesn't add any enjoyment to the game for anyone.

Last edited:

Skillpowers

It's a fellowship perk part of the new feature designed to promote fellowship interaction. Being forced to use it on your fellow's wonders makes sense.
well you create the interaction by spending more time on spire/tourney to earn more xp so you can level the perks up faster.

The Fairy

no need for a new instant, current "virtual" free kp good is enough. It just shouldn't expire...
If free KP expiring is done just to force players to be online daily, make it being added only if you were logged in within this day.

I agree with @Karvest here:
* Only add the kp to a player on days when they login
* Don't let these kp expire

And I think we need another rule to prevent cheating?
* When a player leaves a fellowship / gets booted then the player loses all unspent fellowship KP

Maillie

In my main city we don't have a swap thread because we have players of all levels. The highest players always have the most expendable kp's and the lowest players can hardly get a chest. How is this fair? We have our own weekly game designed to help the lower level players catch up.

The amount of perks depends on your perk level. How do you raise your perk level? Does this mean that the ones that are here every day get higher perks than the ones that can't be here within 24 hours?

DeletedUser3773

First level is, obviously, 1 daily KP
I don't get why it is obvious to you. The announcement showed a 5KP button, not 1KP. Also, we already get free 1KP per hour so 1KP per day seems uninspired and not worth levelling the perk.

I don't like the idea that you have to be online/logged in to receive the free KP as suggested somewhere. We get the free 1KP/hr when we are offline even though it is capped. You'd get the same gift whenever you log in as everyone else that day. If you want it every day, it only benefits your FS, not you anyway. We just have to figure out an equitable way of spending it, regardless of when you're online.
Having it expire daily is just another way of saying it has a maximum amount. This is no different than the perk levels having an upper limit until you level up. I don't know why they had to word it "expire". You can be offline for 5 days and log on to only the maximum amount waiting for you. If you use it, you have to wait 24 hrs till it appears again.
You can still rotate through your FS members but not necessarily each day. Choose a maximum KP per player, and fill it up until reached. Use the thread to change to the next player. It could happen over 1 or more days and isn't dependant on when players are online. Since the KP is free and no-one benefits more than another, it doesn't matter if players 'contribute' more often or not.

CrazyWizard

If that is the case, please @InnoGames @The Evenstar don't make them expire.
Once we have purchased the perk and earned the daily KP by logging in every day having them expire feels needlessly punitive.

Making them expire daily forces players to either spend unfairly (which defeats your goal of creating stronger bonds) or to keep expiring KP fair forces us to come up with an even distribution workaround. This is objectively awkward adding unwanted administration and doesn't add any enjoyment to the game for anyone.
Quite the truth I have seen whole drama's in fellowships because someone was distracted and forgot the swap thread they just posted in. some fellowships are mature and simply fix it, I also have seen players who create an entire huge drama around it.

So since we need to come up with creative ways to share these KP fairly and evenly if you are not unsing swapthreads (which sometimes create drama) we now have to introduce drama in our fellowships because of it.

I do not like drama, it gives me headaches

CrazyWizard

I don't get why it is obvious to you. The announcement showed a 5KP button, not 1KP. Also, we already get free 1KP per hour so 1KP per day seems uninspired and not worth levelling the perk.

I don't like the idea that you have to be online/logged in to receive the free KP as suggested somewhere. We get the free 1KP/hr when we are offline even though it is capped. You'd get the same gift whenever you log in as everyone else that day. If you want it every day, it only benefits your FS, not you anyway. We just have to figure out an equitable way of spending it, regardless of when you're online.
Having it expire daily is just another way of saying it has a maximum amount. This is no different than the perk levels having an upper limit until you level up. I don't know why they had to word it "expire". You can be offline for 5 days and log on to only the maximum amount waiting for you. If you use it, you have to wait 24 hrs till it appears again.
You can still rotate through your FS members but not necessarily each day. Choose a maximum KP per player, and fill it up until reached. Use the thread to change to the next player. It could happen over 1 or more days and isn't dependant on when players are online. Since the KP is free and no-one benefits more than another, it doesn't matter if players 'contribute' more often or not.
You don't look a gifted horse in the mouth, don't forget you can get multiple levels and over time those KP count

DeletedUser3773

You don't look a gifted horse in the mouth, don't forget you can get multiple levels and over time those KP count
Sorry, I'm not sure which part of my post you are referring to. Is it 1KP/day seems uninspired? Or thinking that expiring KP isn't a big deal? Both?

I understand that over time the KP could really accumulate if not expiring, but the same is true for hourly KP. If I didn't have to sleep or go do real life sh*t, I could accumulate a lot more hourly KP but I just have to accept what I can manage to get and not be critical of not getting more free KP.
If your schedule is such that you can't get on every day, that's just life and you're not being penalized for it by not getting to accumulate more free AW KP. The FS player you contribute to should not be affected either. If you set it up that everyone gets a certain amount before moving to the next fellow, the only mitigating factor is how quickly it happens. Again, that's just life and will change depending on how many are making daily visits. That's Inno's real goal: get players online every day, not, foster a more friendly fellowship.

I happen to love being in both my Beta and Live FS. They're great people and we help each other regularly. I think it has more to do with the actual people than some dangling carrot for donating free AW KP.

Also, @CrazyWizard, I don't mean to be too critical toward you but the correct phrase is 'gift horse' not 'gifted horse'. The latter implies that the horse is enrolled in the gifted program at school. While that might be a great gift, it's not applicable to the saying. You don't look for faults when you get something for free. ie, you don't check the horse's teeth if it's a gift because it is an insult to the giver. Perhaps not applicable to free daily KP since we never have any reservations about insulting Inno. ;)

Karvest

I see 1KP as a reward for next (first) level of that perk in data received from server. I see 5KP on screenshot => most likely it would be 1KP per perk level (10KP at max level). And it's not really free, FS should work hard to level that perk that high and other perks would suffer.
Hourly KP affects only you. Investing "free" KP affects both player you are investing to and other players who invest into the same AW. Especially if this AW is participating in some fair KP redistribution system and any additional investment can mess it up.

galrond

As I read it, the perk functions like this:
At a given time (maybe same time as mana decay) you get XX free KP to use on FS AW.
The KP you don´t use decay to zero at the end of the day, and you get a new set of free KP to use on FS AW.

All talk about "should only be given, if you log in on the day" is pure talk with no substance.
If you aren´t online to use them, "got them, but they decayed" = "didn`t get them".
If they DIDN`T decay, then it´s relevant to discuss if they should be given to ppl. not online during the day.

The distribution of the free KP should be no problem, when using swap treads.
I can see the problem, when using net0. The whole fundation being "you get the same number back, as you have invested". This can easily be disrupted by "stray" KP.
It`s not up to me (or INNO for that matter) to tell FS, how to play the game.
If it only leads to drama, then avoid it :eek:
If it leads to faster AW leveling, then use it ;)

CrazyWizard

As I read it, the perk functions like this:
At a given time (maybe same time as mana decay) you get XX free KP to use on FS AW.
The KP you don´t use decay to zero at the end of the day, and you get a new set of free KP to use on FS AW.

All talk about "should only be given, if you log in on the day" is pure talk with no substance.
If you aren´t online to use them, "got them, but they decayed" = "didn`t get them".
If they DIDN`T decay, then it´s relevant to discuss if they should be given to ppl. not online during the day.

The distribution of the free KP should be no problem, when using swap treads.
I can see the problem, when using net0. The whole fundation being "you get the same number back, as you have invested". This can easily be disrupted by "stray" KP.
It`s not up to me (or INNO for that matter) to tell FS, how to play the game.
If it only leads to drama, then avoid it :eek:
If it leads to faster AW leveling, then use it ;)

With this move inno kinda forces you to use swap threads.
so I hate the decay.
So INNO indereltly tells you how to use it and that I do not like