• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Just visiting

Earwen1

I am proposing a feature that gives players the opportunity to visit other live servers, without the need to create a new city first.

Why.
On this beta server I 'meet' a lot of players who have city's on other live servers. And sometimes it would be very usefull if we could only visit each others city, to learn from each other or to explain things. For example: Today I have created a small city on the Swedish live server. Not because I want yet another one, but just because I wanted to see the city of somebody else, for communication purposes only. Now the Swedish game community ends up with yet another ghost village.
(Ah well, maybe some day when I wish to learn Swedish, maybe...)
Actually I think it is a shame and not needed. I soup up space that I don't need.

How.
As a visitor of a live server, the only things I need are:
* The world map
* A search feature to find players, and maybe Fellowships too. So that I can watch their city, without any functionality to it.
The log in screen to do this just needs a checkbox, where I can drop a mark when I want to enter as a visitor. Like this:

just visiting - 2021-05-25.jpg

Of course: it takes a bit of coding first. But for Innogames and all players it may save a lot of unused server space and extra ghost city's on several servers.

Enevhar Aldarion

The 20+ servers the game has around the world do not communicate with each other, which is why they have to be updated one at a time. And this is why one server can have a glitch or bug and the other servers will not, even between servers in the same country.

Earwen1

The servers don't need to communicate with each other, for my proposal.
They just need one extra function: login as a visitor, without a city on that server.
From the portal where you log in, you can choose your server, so it is one portal for all servers.
See:
portal servers list.jpg

So you pick the server, check 'Just visiting'and there you go. Visiting that server without having to create a city on that server first (like I did on the Swedish server today.)

search player on elvenstats > load city with elvenarchitect
I want to see their city, not the player and not the map of this players' city on a third party site (though I really appreciate a lot what these people of elvenstats have made!)

reinhardz

search player on elvenstats > load city with elvenarchitect
With all due respect, you must be kidding :D but if elvenstats can load what city from what server ever and convert it into a 2D map than it would be possible to show the city as is on the screen as well, would'n it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser3726

With all due respect, you must be kidding :D but if elvenstats can load what city from what server ever and convert it into a 2D map than it would be possible to show the city as is on the screen as well, would'n it?
No. It shows a colour coded layout but none of the Elvenar art work.
This is what your city looks like on Elvenarchitect
city view.png

Pauly7

I think this would be a great idea. I'm not sure if it would create an extra load on the respective servers though, potentially slowing the game down.

reinhardz

I think this would be a great idea. I'm not sure if it would create an extra load on the respective servers though, potentially slowing the game down.
If that realy would slow down the game than the servers and network is undersized. Muscles up Innogames :)

reinhardz

No. It shows a colour coded layout but none of the Elvenar art work.
This is what your city looks like on Elvenarchitect
View attachment 9061
Japp, I know. The point was to see the city itself, not the 'blueprint' of it. I can't get inspiration out of it. Think about it, you visit a city and the only thing presented is the colour coded layout. How often you would visit another city?