• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug issues with in-game messages using different browsers

DeletedUser283

this issue is not present anymore, and was solved by upgrading both firefox and the flash plugin to the latest version; it is still puzzling on a technical level : how would an outdated browser prevent us from writing in-game messages ?

Game version:
__ v1.41-(f1cf48b58) (2017-10-13 15:06)
Game world: __Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: __Vivaldi 1.12.955.38 (Stable channel) (64 bits), Chrome Version 62.0.3202.62 (official Build) (64 bits), firefox 64 54.0.1
Flash Player version: __27.0.0.159 on vivaldi and firefox, 27.0.0.170 on chrome and firefox
Operating System: __Win 7 home premium 64
Screen resolution: __1440x900
Account name: __Philplessis
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility: __5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ N/A

Current situation:
__when loading the game with firefox, whatever the flash version, I cannot write an in-game message; I can do it with Chrome

Expected situation:
__there should be no behaviour difference between browsers, and we should be allowed to write messages in-game whatever browser we chose to use.

Reproduction Steps:
1. __load the game using firefox, flash version does not seem to be relevant here
2. __open in-game messsaging system
3. __open a thread and try to reply to it
4. __notice that typed characters are not passed through, message remains empty with cursor on top left
5. __now reload the game using chrome and repeat steps 1, 2 and 3
6. __notice that typed characters actually appear on screen

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

On a side note, when trying to load the game using Vivaldi, we are faced with a message signaling that the flash player is obsolete; it was however possible to load the game with the same flash player version using firefox: note that flash is bundled together with vivaldi in a similar fashion as chrome, but no vivaldi update is available; so the "flash obsolete" message cannot come from vivaldi because it is its own version of it; I assume that it comes from a flash validity check from the game servers themselves, but why does it load with firefox and the same flash version;

Screenshots of the bug: player names are available upon request
(add as many screenshots as you need)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

new info :

after upgrading firefox to 56.0, the issue disappeared, so it was browser related at some point but it is still weird...

the flash problem is still present with vivaldi, that is maybe until they publish an update ...
maybe inno should take a look at the way they check for the validity of our flash plugin, it is not the first time that we get barred from playing because the requirements had been set too tightly (it happened with FoE some years ago)

[edit]
I understand that this report may very well end up classifying as "not a bug', but I feel that it is nonetheless important to report such issues, because this is a browser-based game, so it should be able to run on all browsers without major issues
[/edit]

[edit2]
I found a solution for the issue about flash and it seems browser-related : I right-clicked the error 'obsolete plugin" message and chose "execute plugin", and it worked
[/edit2]

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
i cant get technical cause i dont know much about this myself, but i do know that there was a problem recently with one of firefox versions and flash. This resulted in all kind of strange flash issue, but were not related to this game.

So our dev team can not fix issues that are not related to them. For that i will as expected as not a bug.

It is indeed a good idea to report these kind of issue, other people might have similar problems and can find it here then.

DeletedUser283

FYI, the "obsolete flash plugin" issue solved iteself today, after both the game update and a vivaldi update (the integrated flash plugin still has the same version as before)

when I say "solved iteself", I mean that I had the "obsolete flash plugin" message once or twice, and then no more ...