• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Is this a joke?

CrazyWizard

Hi CrazyWizard,

We contacted you earlier this year about linking your forum account to your in-game account name.
Due to feedback, we've decided to make this process more explicit to safeguard the privacy and security of your account.
As such, we now require you to confirm ownership of your forum account.

Doing so is easy:
On Browser: Click on the following link, login with your in-game account, and follow the instructions provided.
On Mobile: Please contact our Support Team and send them the following link.

Last time I checked you cannot make a forum account without an in-game account.
And last time I checked my ingame account is live and kicking

So WTF is this?, a system error?

Pauly7

Sounds strange. I haven't had one. I would avoid putting any password or personal information into anything that's opened via a link in an email... I guess you know that.

Lovec Krys

I got one too. Maybe a spam? You know like all those spam messages you sometimes get in your email (either personal or in some cases even work or shared work email (group emails used by our customers)) trying to make you click the link or open an attachment (probably containing virus).
Some of them are even funny, like those blackmailing hacking non-existant web camera:)
My bet is this is such a spam - can someone from Inno confirm this?

Marindor

Hi guys,

This is a genuine message. Everyone who has an older game account will get that message in the upcoming time. Please be sure to follow the link in the message in time to prevent your forum account from being deleted. We are looking into rephrasing it though, since the first sentence is not valid for Elvenar.

Heymrdiedier

I've had this email in august. So they are really doing some cleanup

The game account with the nickname "Heymrdiedier" was recently deleted from the game.
To ensure the removal of all data, this forum account will also be removed in the next few days.
If you are not affiliated with the in-game account "Heymrdiedier", please contact our Support Team as soon as possible via https://support.innogames.com

Pauly7

This is a genuine message. Everyone who has an older game account will get that message in the upcoming time. Please be sure to follow the link in the message in time to prevent your forum account from being deleted. We are looking into rephrasing it though, since the first sentence is not valid for Elvenar.
Does this only apply to Beta, or Live servers as well? I have a newish Beta account, but an old Live account.

My concern now is that they don't send me the email and then they delete my account. To date Inno hasn't managed to deliver one single newsletter into my inbox, even though I check the option to receive it. I tend to speak to Support about that each time a new event starts, but they can't figure it out... So maybe they won't send me this email either.

palmira

I just linked mine, I thought I had. a new account here on beta but apparently I am old enough :)

Strange that I didn't get a similar message live...

Loki Blue

It was exactly the same with FOE, same exact message. I thought it was spam or a hack myself until I pm'd a mod.

Ashrem

[/QUOTE]@Marindor , So this implies anyone who doesn't visit the forums in the next 30 days to see the message will have their forum account deleted? Will they be reconnected if they return? What will happen to thousands of messages from inactive players? If someone deletes their beta account and then someone else uses the info, will they be connected to a different person's messages?

Marindor

@Marindor , So this implies anyone who doesn't visit the forums in the next 30 days to see the message will have their forum account deleted? Will they be reconnected if they return? What will happen to thousands of messages from inactive players? If someone deletes their beta account and then someone else uses the info, will they be connected to a different person's messages?

If a user doesn't act in time, their forum posts will be disconnected from their user name and the forum name of the poster will change into something like "DeletedUser<number>". The player can create a new forum account afterwards if they wish, but there is no way to reconnect their old posts to that account again. In the same way, a new player can also not get connected to old posts.

For people that might be on a very long holiday (oh, the days when we could still go on a holiday :oops:): People who don't visit the forum will still also receive a notification of the private message via email if they have those options enabled (which are enabled by default, and all forum accounts need a validated game email to register).

Verde

Followed the link in the message, logged into Beta city, logged out of Beta forum and logged back in again (which is what I think I was supposed to do?) ... is there any way to verify that everything is now ok with this?

ETA: Ah, and then clicked on the link again and got a Link screen, clicked that and it said successful ... so hopefully ok now?

Lelanya

Um not just Mykan, there is Konniver too! This is such a shame, some folks have made major contributions to the game. I just used the Architect, and will again over the coming days, what with FA and all!