• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Is Elvenar now a fighters' game?

DeletedUser

We've already fielded some significant discussion about how the Tournaments favor fighters, due to the high catering costs.

Now introduction of additional Wonders - and their ability to score rank points - seems likely to change the game even more. Wonders score higher per grid than manufactories. (due to the associated grid spaces required for culture and population). KP is the new favored currency.

Even if a player tried to earn KP via catering rather than fighting, he faces another disadvantage: in order to make space for the Wonder, he has to have fewer manufactories.

So, KP is relatively cheap to win via fights, and increasingly difficult to gain by manufacturing. Catering tournaments is too expensive, and purchasing kp with goods is incrementally more expensive - a permanent increase not experienced by fighters who will gain kp in tournaments.

CrazyWizard

the autofight button is nearly the same as the catering button.
right now it's actually more of an elven game, or an anti human game.

I hoped that this month we would finally see the fairy units entering the arena since they potentially can be the game balancer for tournaments between elven and humans.

Luckily I am an elf on my main account so no troubles for me, but there is no way I could achieve the same on my human account.

DeletedUser283

change is inevitable (except form a vending machine)
live with it, folks ;)

DeletedUser

Perhaps....when Inno changes the Wiki so that new players aren't being misled

....and when I've gotten full satisfaction from the money I spent, being offered one kind of game and delivered another. Don't know if it's a good trait or a bad one, but we Texans hate being suckered.

DeletedUser408

yes poor development and testing prior to releasing anything is getting tiring, i mean KP issue common that is basic and they did not even see that according to another post on there test server before release, when in 5 min on beta its obvious, pretty bad IMO,

DeletedUser594

Been told this is a BETA, therefore we have to put up and shut up about it!
Just sit there and wait for a good update....................................................;)

DeletedUser118

Shut up might be a bad option. Who would give them feedback if I just sat there, not saying a word?

Also some of the bugs showing are often really obvious, so that its pretty hard to believe really none of the testers before didn't see that one right away.

BUT: As this is a Beta and A GAME I'm still taking things easy and don't get too upset with it. Its just not worth it. I have better things to do in life than being pissed off about some "stupid online game". ^^

DeletedUser283

I do not think imho that Elvenar became a fighters' game;
I see it more as new opportunities for players who enjoy fighting to get more from the game, and I am not just talking about ranking points;
sure, KPs, relics and rune shards won during tournaments are fine, and it is nice to end up in the top 100 (on a personal achievement level);
it is also about enjoyable time on a game that offered very little of it until now ;)

Last edited by a moderator: