• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Inviting Members from another Fellowship

DeletedUser

I would like to see the reintroduction of the option to invite members from another fellowship to your fellowship.

This option did at one time exist within the game but was at some stage removed. I do not know why. :(

The following is a screen shot from the Elvenar Wiki which illustrates how this option used to work:
ElvenarFellowshipTicket.jpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4E558575E822F97A!4765&authkey=!AAk0Ug789xG9XWo&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

This option would be useful when creating new fellowships and for "poaching" or "head-hunting" the top players of other fellowships. This adds an element of competition between fellowships. :)

Edit by Lauwi: Added the image.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser867

You CAN invite folks who are in other fellowships, if you still have open slots, but they can't see your invitation until they leave their current fellowship. This helps a LOT because it blocks spam from nuisance fellowships.

If you've actually arranged a transfer, using messages, the invite will be there waiting for you as soon as you leave your current fellowship. I'm very happy that recruiters now have to use the global roster, rather than raiding my fellowship roster.

Also, if you've set the "By Application" option, AND you have an open slot, folks who aren't in a fellowship will be able to conveniently review your fellowship profile. It actually works pretty well.

DeletedUser

You CAN invite folks who are in other fellowships, if you still have open slots, but they can't see your invitation until they leave their current fellowship. This helps a LOT because it blocks spam from nuisance fellowships.

If you've actually arranged a transfer, using messages, the invite will be there waiting for you as soon as you leave your current fellowship. I'm very happy that recruiters now have to use the global roster, rather than raiding my fellowship roster.

Also, if you've set the "By Application" option, AND you have an open slot, folks who aren't in a fellowship will be able to conveniently review your fellowship profile. It actually works pretty well.
Thank you for that information Katwijk it was very helpful :)

DeletedUser

In every game, inviting players currently in another fellowship/guild/alliance (aka 'poaching') is pretty much frowned upon, anyway; I remember some guild wars started with this as a 'casus belli' in some MMOs...

DeletedUser

Hmmm I hadn't thought of it like that. I can see where conflict could arise when I look at it from that perspective.

Actually, the reason this became an issue for me was because the Archmage of my fellowship left the game without appointing any other memebrs as admin. This left us with a dead guild, unable to add or remove players. The active members wanted to set up a new Guild but also wanted to give all current members the opportunity to join. We found that we could not send invites to them, unless we had an old inbox message or acknowledgment from the player (then when you click the player name the invite option is available even if they are in another fellowship).

I can see now that activating this feature would not be a suitable solution to this problem.

Thank you both for your advice.

DeletedUser

What you need then, is either a feature to take leadership away from the inactive leader (there are such features in many modern MMOs, but I am not aware of one here), or a still active member within your old Fellowship to send that message to the fellowship.
That way, those still active will know why, and where to apply.

DeletedUser283

maybe you should try to contact support about the issue, they might have a solution handy ...

now regarding this invitation problem :
my fellowship is currently facing a situation where this invitation limitation is an issue;
one of our fellows has a neighbour whose fellowship has difficulties developing, so she offrered her neighbour that he joins us instead;
as she does not have the rights to invite this player, she asked me to do it;
-I cannot send an invitation to a member of a fellowship via his fellowship - ok, we now have more insight regarding "why"
-I cannot send an invitation to a member of a fellowship via the rankings -now this gets weird
-I can however send an invitation to another member of the same fellowship who happens to be
.a discovered neighbour
.appearing in my history list because we exchange help on a daily basis ....

in order to exit the loop, I made my fellow an ambassador so that she can invite her neighbour...