• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Introducing Global Chat for Beta!

SoggyShorts

Hiya everyone, we've asked for a world chat feature for long enough, and until Inno gets around to making one I figure we might as well make our own.
https://join.slack.com/t/elvenarworldchat/shared_invite/zt-i1fqbd9s-2DrqxPnHtFcsPDaGNQohPQ
It's on Slack and everyone is welcome to join. (please use your Forum/ in-game name, not your RL name)
There is a General channel as well as a specific channel for each server that you can use for recruiting.

As a bonus, we made a "trade" channel for each of the servers so that we can swap sentient goods at 1:1 without having to take those garbage 1-star trades from you-know-who.

If you have a main account on a non-US server and would like us to add a channel just let us know.

Update: we've added a channel for every server in every language!o_O

Last edited:

iDavis

.. and I hope they will never try to implement it. I have no idea how much time would that cost, but taking other aspects of the game that could be developed during that time, it would simply be a bad choice. This game in my opinion doesn't need a world chat, during my 5.5 years I never had a reason to use it, everything can be perfectly done whether using fellowship chat or forum.
Read - your slack is nice, but for the game implementation it's too complex, compared with what else could be developed or improved.

SoggyShorts

the game implementation it's too complex, compared with what else could be developed or improved.
Have you played other games? They could implement a ready-made system in minutes.
It's not hard at all, the only reason inno doesn't have it is that they don't want to police it.

CrazyWizard

The advantage of a world chat is that it's easier to find minds alike,
Or get super quick answers to questions.

The downside of a world chat is that it needs moderation 24/7 as it will be used to break the rules, post profanity or used for spamm messages.

Lovec Krys

Or it will be used for argues 24/7 between certain players (from different FSs). Experience from one MMORPG, most of the time, I had the global chat off, since there was nothing usefull, just their argues how the enemy is lame and they are better, etc...
I know there is no PvP in Elvenar, but still, we might just get 24/7 argues too (for example constant argues of who is bigger cheater and stuff like that (and I'm not even thinking about real life things like when someone starts arguing about politics...)).

SoggyShorts

The downside of a world chat is that it needs moderation 24/7 as it will be used to break the rules, post profanity or used for spamm messages.
Yeah, it's possible, we'll see how it goes. Fair warning though, I probably won't ban anyone for using a naughty word

TomatoeHu

it did not take very long to make. if you don't like the idea of it then don't use it. it was free, fast and easy to set up and even if only 3 people enjoy it, it was worth it ♥ There can be specific chat channels just for people who want to talk about certain topics - takes a few seconds to make a new channel. users can also make their own private chats so they can say whatever they want to each privately

Karvest

It's not about 25-man raids, but about basic things like faq channels. In discord you can have very old messages there, in slack they are wiped once amount of messages sent after them hits server-wide message limit. With active community that happens in a few days on free plan.

SoggyShorts

It's not about 25-man raids, but about basic things like faq channels. In discord you can have very old messages there, in slack they are wiped once amount of messages sent after them hits server-wide message limit. With active community that happens in a few days on free plan.
Feel free to make one. Like I said, inno should have spent the $100 to have this done properly years ago, and I hate discord.
Take any direction you want, but I'm not putting any further effort into this unless I'm getting a paycheck.