• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Inproper dmg calculation

DeletedUser126

You got higher level :p

And yeah i dont fight anymore either, just building troops till i get upgrade for them so i can overpower the enemy.

DeletedUser

I need to for quests (get 30 relics of steel). But I have to fight mortars and knights, so basically I'll be a few days out before I get the quest done. After that, I think I'll quit the fighting as well till I get more and stronger units (either with the upgrade of the next unit in line - Ents)

DeletedUser

I'm currently working on the hellhounds, not sure if they will make a difference. At least they can get to the steinlings pretty fast.

DeletedUser

Did some fighting again. 5 squads of 36 axe barbarians vs 7 squads of 6 knights. Knights are pretty bad-ass, but i did manage to beat them with my last squad. They didn't insta-kill my squads. Will test this against steinlings and orcs later on.

DeletedUser58

Not all of them do a super high damage and kill my units instantly but their damage doesn't lower enough when you lower their squad number.

Example If 32 necromancers kills off 15 of my archers with one shot, when I defeat 30 and only 2 necromancers are left they would still kill off about 12 of my archers with one shot. I don't think it should work like that, whatever logic they're using for this just doesn't feel right.

DeletedUser

That's true indeed, i had the same thing with the necromancers and other enemies. The damage of your own squad decreases when some of them die, so it's only fair that the opposition has the same thing.

DeletedUser126

Yup. I dont fight anymore, waste of my nerves :p Just built max factories and buying off the provinces :p

DeletedUser

Ah, okay. It's good to know this isn't a bug. So it's better to finish a weakened squad than to weaken a healthy squad. That makes the AI's actions a little more sensible, actually. Combat is different, and I'd even hazard to say it's weird (because I grew up on Heroes of Might and Magic), but I can adapt.

DeletedUser126

Yeah its very weird and straightforward, because of how it works. Little strategy involved :/

DeletedUser

I quote myself from another thread, to maybe shed some light on these calculations:

"It turns out that damage output by enemy squads (I havent checked yet if this applies to player' squads too) doesn't decrease at the same rate that squad number do. So, for example -and this is not theoretical, but my notes on an actual combat-, an enemy squad of 18 thieves had 107-145 damage. Numbers are good so far: 1 thief does 6-8 damage, so 6-8 damage x18 = 107-145. Cool. BUT WAIT. I kill 13 of those thieves, so now the squad is down to 5 thieves. That should amount to a damage of 30-48, because 6-8 x5 = 30-48. Well, guess what? Their display shows a damage value of 65-89. This happens consistently across several fights. Both with thieves and archers.

Now let's go try this out on Steilings, just for fun. I face an enemy steiling squad of 4 members, that's 53-139 damage, 13-35 x4 members, ok. I kill 3 of them, so that squad is down to 1 member. That 1 member has 26-70 damage."

DeletedUser326

The Problem still exists. And if its really NO Bug - but it has to be because of Might and Magic combat System - than fighting makes no more sense after hitting the 3rd / 4th ring around your town.

At the Moment i lose 100+ Units where i should lose 10-15 at Maximum. Because 1 remaining thief (out of a squad of 90) hits like a Train with 400+ damage where he should do 6 dmg max.

This HAS to be fixed - else the whole combat System makes no sense at all and noone will do any fighting at all when he has a squad size of 60 facing 4+ squads of 150+ archers which easily kill even hellhounds with a smile while this is ranged Counter unit and receives 60% less damage from ranged and still loses 40+ per shot. sometimes i'm not even able to reach the enemy properly. and i don't know if ist intended to Research 2 more months to beat Tier 2 Encounter with rank 3 Units which get steamrolled by 2-3 remaining Units of a squad.

DeletedUser

The main problem is when the gain does not cover the loss of invested tools, units are getting expensive when in such numbers as to beat those outer rings, but if you lose 3 to 4 teams per fight (60 units per team) by 8 fights by 6 region to get an expansion thats 10 k units
a mean at 14 tools per units (upgraded sword dancer cost 16, archer cost 12) => 14k tools to get an expansion and that is if ennemy composition allow you to manage the figth

DeletedUser326

The Thing is these expansions are "free" and as far as i know unlimited. Even if it took 100k Tools per Expansion it would be worth it.
The main fact for me is to discover new neighbours and to have fun. Simple as that the fighting isn't fun as it is right now.

You think you Play a tactic to take out the biggest damage before you get hit and then they hit you with full force anyway.

DeletedUser

I would advise mixing negotiation with war. For sector in my 6th ring, If I can fight for a sector with a maximum estimate unit loss of around 150 units, I will go for it. Otherwise, I just buy it.

Fighting for a sector pretty much equals to buying by spending supplies, which is what you use to train troops. So, ideally, I think we should use troops (=supplies) to take over the weakest or most expensive sectors, and goods to buy the strongest or cheapest sectors.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks folks - I can now confirm that the damage calculations are working as intended and that therefore this is not a bug :)