• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Inproper dmg calculation

DeletedUser126

In higher lv battles (didint notice it before)

If say you kill 79 out 80 orcs and then there is their turn back to attack they hit as if they still had full stack 1 shooting my whole group instead of doing just a little bit of dmg.

This is consistently happens all the time for me today.

DeletedUser

I had this problem several times at the end of a battle. When there is only one or two enemy units left on a battleground it hits my units with disproportionate damage.

For example: 2 Thiefs killed 10 of my Sword Dancers with one hit.

DeletedUser18

Can I ask what units you were using when you experience this, and your squad size? I am just trying to gather as much information as possible. Thank you for the feedback.

DeletedUser126

I had full squad of 32 of 2xBerserkers and Archers.

Both of them got killed the same way once by 2 orcs and 2 other times by 1 golem (the ranged rock throwing one)

DeletedUser

I think the damage calculation is intended. A stack that has lost 50% of its units seems to have lost 25% of its damage output. It may not be intuitive, but I think it's a design decision, not a bug.

DeletedUser126

I think you dont understand what i mean.

1 orc cant kill 32 units in 1 hit, no matter what kind of math you gonna pull out :p

DeletedUser18

I am going to set this to 'Investigating' so we can confirm that this game mechanic is functioning as intended. Thanks everyone :)

DeletedUser126

This really needs to be fixed, today 1 golem stack with just 1 unit left killed 3x32 unit stacks by 1 shooting them at the end of the fight :/

DeletedUser

Just though first that thiefs were overpowered, but indeed it happens on others units (sometimes mine too) and it's quite annoying. Every battle that I fight ends with heavy casualties caused by normally half-dead squads.

DeletedUser

If this damage calculation is really intended as the wiki says, then I really wish things change. It makes no sense to me than the damage aren't calculated accordingly to the livings units (but maybe are they blessed by their ancestors' souls when they die ?). My units play cat and mouse with the ennemy, and it's not really fun to see my army halved each time I fight.

DeletedUser126

Same here :p combat right now is way to bland and this is not really helping :(

DeletedUser

True. My whole army was wiped out by a couple of steinlings and orcs, and it doesn't seem to matter how many of them there are, the damage remains massive.

DeletedUser126

yup, and the map is to small to do anything about it :p There is not even any wait turn system or special abilities (activated)

DeletedUser

I'm thinking about not attacking for a while until it is fixed. Simply negotiating my way out seems to be faster than recruiting my army over and over again. My ranged attackers used to do alot of damage to the steinlings, but that seems to have changed as well.

DeletedUser

Faster yeah, but expensive as possible. No way I'll put 380 steel to have a sector.

DeletedUser126

Its not a problem later on, i make 600 marble every 3h, and can trade for others. And you get some with say 100 and some with 400+, or none at all. Just focus on those and when you explore a sector they reset, you have a chance to find a better one (not always tho)

DeletedUser58

It just doesn't make any sense to me at the moment. Since the damage isn't static but varies between the minimum to maximum value, I have a squad of 32 Archers defeating 9 enemy units while a squad of 12 Archers defeating 15 enemy units. Those are not actual numbers, they might be off, I'm producing them out of thin air just as an example. But this doesn't feel right and it removes most of the strategy on the battlefield.

If the enemy has 1 Sterling and 5 Sterlings while I have the above-mentioned 32 Archers and 12 Archers, logically the best strategic course is to hit the 1 Sterlin with the 12 Archers and the 5 Sterlings with the 32 Archers. So that you can get the most out of your units. But as it is, all of that doesn't matter since you can do relatively the same damage with both of your squads, even though one is less than half the size of the other. If this is in fact a decision and not a bug, I'd urge the devs to reconsider it. I'm already just hitting autobattle because of it, there's little point in me trying to outsmart the enemy on the battlefield with the current damage calculation.

DeletedUser

I'm afraid I have to agree. A group of 3 mortars (my nemesis) can destroy my squads of 36 units easily. I rarely win against them (and yet they are the ones I need my steel relics from...) Add in a few knights and there isn't much I can do. They don't even have to be full size, because their default size (what they could be (which you see at the start of the fight)) is apparently what is used.

Right now I can do about 3 fights aday, because I need to rebuild after each encounter.

DeletedUser

Yep, i think i really have to give up on fighting for a while. When 1 steinling kills my squad of 36 archers, i know something is wrong. It wasn't like this a few days ago, so i wonder what happened.