• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion InnoGames TV - October Episode

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see our latest InnoGames TV episode here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser1777

Well, IF it had been out BEFORE the event has started, it could have been interesting and something to talk about.
Nothing new, almost as boring as the recent Q&A session. You need to improve the timeline for bringing out news ;)

DeletedUser118

Well, usually these infos are made for players who are on live and not Beta. :)

DeletedUser1075

Yes, only 17d left for the event on the live servers so this is very late and not very helpful to most. It was nicely done, I wish the timing had been better.

I was expecting a teaser for the next guest race. When will that arrive?

DeletedUser1767

Yes, only 17d left for the event on the live servers so this is very late and not very helpful to most. It was nicely done, I wish the timing had been better.
Yeah, it would have been a great little intro if they'd released it last week instead.

DeletedUser1247

ok great but when are you going to fix the tourney from those who are exploiting it by skipping squad size upgrades ????...rewarding those who do less is not the way to go.. game exploitation is a ban able offense whether or not its a game flaw or hack creating an unfair advantage.. make squad size mandatory and ban those who are doing this from tourney until their squad size is caught up.. and i bet most of these players have other account(s) and just using the smaller to push the fellowship for top rewards as keeping a tiny city and going for high tourney rank is dumb for personal points, so it has to be to push the fellowship and yet again that's not fair to all those who play the game like it was designed to be

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ok great but when are you going to fix the tourney from those who are exploiting it by skipping squad size upgrades ????...rewarding those who do less is not the way to go.. game exploitation is a ban able offense whether or not its a game flaw or hack creating an unfair advantage.. make squad size mandatory and ban those who are doing this from tourney until their squad size is caught up.. and i bet most of these players have other account(s) and just using the smaller to push the fellowship for top rewards as keeping a tiny city and going for high tourney rank is dumb for personal points, so it has to be to push the fellowship and yet again that's not fair to all those who play the game like it was designed to be

@Miciah I've been asking this for months now on the Dutch forum. Last I heard from the CM there is that InnoGames is discussing whether or not Tournament cities are bad for Elvenar :rolleyes: I think they are looking at it from a business point, with no consideration for honest players :(

DeletedUser1767

I have not researched optional squad size upgrades because I do not fight and they are useless to me.

The game already requires me to throw hundreds upon hundreds of KP on military buildings, military building upgrades, troop types, troop type upgrades, and squad size upgrades which are of no use to me at all, with only occasional techs that I am mercifully allowed to skip, and you're trying to tell me that this is unfair to you?

I am not dishonest. I am not exploiting anything. I am very gratefully availing myself of the minimal opportunities I am given to not have to waste my KP on things I have no use for.

DeletedUser1247

I have not researched optional squad size upgrades because I do not fight and they are useless to me.

The game already requires me to throw hundreds upon hundreds of KP on military buildings, military building upgrades, troop types, troop type upgrades, and squad size upgrades which are of no use to me at all, with only occasional techs that I am mercifully allowed to skip, and you're trying to tell me that this is unfair to you?

I am not dishonest. I am not exploiting anything. I am very gratefully availing myself of the minimal opportunities I am given to not have to waste my KP on things I have no use for.
so you skip to keep catering cost low ???? or you don't do tourney???? its not about fighting or catering its about the cost we have to pay vs your cost, cant you see those who do the upgrades are penalized by higher cost by units or catering, this is dumb that would mean no purpose for anybody to do them. zero benefit for squad size upgrades in tourney it is a penalty in harder fights and high cost to cater they only help if your fighting on province map

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1767

I skip because I don't fight and putting the KP into fighting tech does nothing for me. It has nothing to do with catering costs or tournament points.

The problem, as I see it, is that they decided to make squad size upgrades the basis for their calculations. This has not always been the case, and I don't understand the rationale behind the decision; it would make more sense to have it be MH level or total provinces scouted. I also don't understand why you're not trying to advocate for changing that -- the actual source of the problem -- and instead are calling people dishonest point-grubbing cheaters because they don't want to research techs that they have no use for.

Dony

King of Bugs
the actual source of the problem
thats actually not source of the problem and there are plenty of ways to fix it with squad sizes being untouched as it is now
it will be almost 1 year when i pointed this out and it will be worse and worse with coming years
they should ask themselves, why people actually create low level accounts and play tournaments, why they dont make better balance so there is no point in doing it?

DeletedUser1596

Last I heard from the CM there is that InnoGames is discussing whether or not Tournament cities are bad for Elvenar :rolleyes: I think they are looking at it from a business point, with no consideration for honest players :(

Makes no sense (not your post, I mean inno's thinking). I used to be a big fan of tournaments, until catering came in and push accounts flooded the map. Before that I bought some diamonds from time to time to get that little advantage. I was a little-spender compared to some of my teammates that stopped buying. Obviously, why would anyone pay for an advantage when a guy next to you gets twice as much tournament-points just by operating multiple towns.

So business point is out of question. I thing.

Dony

King of Bugs
1 thing why this cities are good for a game is because they usually only cater and use trades for changing goods a lot, so trader doesnt feel empty, and that could be the reason why they want them now to keep economy at some level

DeletedUser1596

1 thing why this cities are good for a game is because they usually only cater and use trades for changing goods a lot, so trader doesnt feel empty, and that could be the reason why they want them now to keep economy at some level

Well, these cities are like banks that print more money, they devaluate the currency.

For example, if 1000 honest players cater a few provinces in tournament and then 1 guy with multiple accounts gets ahead of them, then they all drop one position down, get fewer points etc. He just devaluated their goods, because they bought less.. then they would have.. had they.. have thhh.. blaaah [aah, too complicated grammar, you know what I mean].

The same goes for KPs.

DeletedUser1278

Will this be a new event coming next month ??

OOOHHH no i see its again old news

SoggyShorts

I was expecting a teaser for the next guest race. When will that arrive?
The next teaser regarding the new guest race will be available 2-3 weeks after the launch of that guest race, obviously.;)
Seriously? This is what I get from your post:
"Hey, here's something optional that you can do which has an upfront cost, and a huge never-ending continuing cost with zero benefits to you. If you don't do it, you are a dirty cheater using an exploit! In fact, more than 50% ("most") of you who are making the smart choice are also clearly cheaters in other ways and use push accounts as well!"

1. Not an exploit.
2. Learn how to direct your frustrations at those responsible.

I personally would rather have them tie it to the latest SS tech researched (if it must be tied to SS at all) or treat everyone as having researched all SS techs regardless of any skipping. I fight in the tournaments and negotiate on the map, so why on earth would I research those techs?
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/should-tournaments-be-based-on-squad-size.13168/

Last edited: