• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion InnoGames TV - February Episode

DeletedUser867

If we are to believe that this decision to give score for Wonders is unplanned
Unplanned or otherwise, we can scarcely claim that it was unforeseen. In your early December post in the US forums, see https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....han-costs-for-the-global-rank.1317/#post-8284 you were obviously aware that reckoning Knowledge Points into the global score was a possibility.

It has also been mentioned, in various places, that Forge of Empires will be trashing the Coins+Supplies portion their global rank, and substituting Forge Points and Goods Contributed.

It should have been that way from the start. Producing way more stuff than you can possibly use, just to run up your score, never did make any sense to me.

DeletedUser

Unplanned or otherwise, we can scarcely claim that itt was unforeseen. Int w your early December post in the US forums, see https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....han-costs-for-the-global-rank.1317/#post-8284 you were obviously aware that reckoning Knowledge Points into the global score was a possibility.

It has also been mentioned, in various places, that Forge of Empires will be trashing the Coins+Supplies portion their global rank, and substituting Forge Points and Goods Contributed.

It should have been that way from the start. Producing way more stuff than you can possibly use, just to run up your score, never did make any sense to me.

First, the post you referenced was BobbyKitty, not me. No problem, though, her post is clear: there's a distinct difference between discussing theories, suggestions, and relatively futile meanderings about what we'd like to see and legitimate "forseeing". Our Elvenar experience would incline us to "foresee" development we don't like, not foresee reasonable improvements.

In a "city building" game, it does make sense that we would get points for "city building". Now that we can buy KP, and use it to build Wonders, there's no further support for the assertion that we are "producing way more stuff" than we can possibly use. The goods will be directly used for city building.

Given that you think the Elvenar devs are doing the "best job ever", I wonder that you feel to make criticisms like "it should have been that way from the start". Your opinion must be that no game ever has correctly laid out fundamental game parameters - a pretty broad criticism.

DeletedUser651

Maybe it is my fever, but I feel like I have a moment of clarity regarding Inno. I have this model in my head of a business that has customers and then caters to its customers and thus customer service is of utmost importance. This must be an outdated model. Or at least, it has nothing to do with how Inno behaves. Over and over we make suggestions for how Inno can satisfy their current customers, but they seem to care less. Well, I think I get it. They couldn't care less about us. We are not the target.

Inno cares about attracting new customers. Whatever money any current customers has sunk into this game is just that....sunk. They listen to us not to keep us happy, to the extent they listen at all. No, all the comments do is teach them how to get them most money out of the new players. If people won't spend any money at all on a new feature, then they will tweak it.

But Bobbi, they don't care if your score drops to zero. They don't care if all our scores drop to zero. They don't care if we are unhappy. They must have figured out that the cost of keeping players here is a lot higher than whatever it takes to get money out of people early on. So, they are targeting the earlier players. The advanced players have skated through the game too fast. Then people get upset and leave. The message they heard is not "make the game better" the message they heard is "make the game slower".

Why else would they keep opening new worlds letting the old ones fester and rot? When we complain that people are leaving that doesn't matter to them. All they care about is how they could have extracted more money from players who were here while they were here.

Bobbi....it isn't that the devs are acting malevolently towards anyone, it is just that they couldn't care less how a change in score affects current players.
We have to stop banging our heads against the wall expecting them to treat current customers well and loyally.

Last edited by a moderator: