• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Indicate the Maximum Upgrade

DeletedUser867

It would provide us with a better feel regarding resource allocation
if we could easily tell how far we could upgrade each building
while we're waiting on the tech tree.
UpgradeMax.jpg

DeletedUser

I really don't need to know how far i can upgrade a certain building until i have to research the next size. Furthermore, you won't know how many resources you need until you've reached that level. The only way to know how many resources, and which resources you need is by checking the wiki page, which will then also tell you the max level for every size ^^

In this case, the page shows you exactly how many coins and supplies each upgrade needs, plus the max level for each size.
https://beta.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Workshop

DeletedUser867

The problem is that there's NOTHING on the wiki that relates the levels to progress in the Tech Tree.
I want to know how many levels I've ALREADY researched, as that will help me allocate my resources.

I can sort of guess, because there seems to be 4 levels per age for most things, and that's true for 2x2 and 3x2 Workshops, but then suddenly the 4x3 Workshops have 7 levels available.

If you look at a Barracks, for comparison, the pattern is 5,4,6.

The essential notion is that the number of levels is NOT consistent, and I can't see any reason why I should have to refer to the wiki every time I turn around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It doesn't literally say 3x2 is advanced, and 4x3 is superior, but it speaks for itself, doesn't it ^^ This goes for all buildings. They get bigger when reaching the next stage. They don't have to be consistent cause they're different buildings. What's the point of knowing the max level when it still doesn't tell me how many coins/supplies/goods i need to upgrade it to that level. The wiki page is there to provide information to players. If we'd all be like you, then what's the point of having a wiki page? It shows me exactly how many coins/supplies/goods i need for all levels so i can plan ahead, what more could i possibly ask for? -1 from me, bad idea.

DeletedUser283

what I would like is information about the size of a building in its next phase;
example : I have advanced workshops level 8, and in the near future I will be researching superior workshops, but the game does not give any information about the size of these superior workshops;
as everybody here could notice, this game is requiring space for buildings, and I need to be able to plan for the space these new upgrades will require;
at the moment, all an advanced workshop tells me is : "to upgrade further, you will have to research the technology";
fine, thanks, so I research the technology, and then only my workshops will inform me that they will take that much space to be upgraded, and I will have to rearrange my city on the fly because I could not plan ahead;
I would appreciate to be informed about this future size in the "upgrade" tab of the building or in the popup in the research page :)

DeletedUser867

The best approach may well be the ability to scroll through the various levels, similar to what we have in FoE for the Guild levels. That would solve a host of problems, and would greatly facilitate planning without having to depend on outside resources such as the wiki.

The construction menu already allows us to look at building that we have not yet researched, so the ability to scroll through building levels isn't that much of a stretch.

DeletedUser

what I would like is information about the size of a building in its next phase;
example : I have advanced workshops level 8, and in the near future I will be researching superior workshops, but the game does not give any information about the size of these superior workshops;
as everybody here could notice, this game is requiring space for buildings, and I need to be able to plan for the space these new upgrades will require;
at the moment, all an advanced workshop tells me is : "to upgrade further, you will have to research the technology";
fine, thanks, so I research the technology, and then only my workshops will inform me that they will take that much space to be upgraded, and I will have to rearrange my city on the fly because I could not plan ahead;
I would appreciate to be informed about this future size in the "upgrade" tab of the building or in the popup in the research page :)
I use the Wiki for that info on all buildings, or look at more advanced players in game ... there are still a few ahead of me LOL

DeletedUser580

I would also like to see how far I can upgrade my buildings. Before I get the next research I want to upgrade all my buildings to the maximum. Only then, the research for higher upgrades is neccesary. But for that I would like to know what is my current max.

DeletedUser283

I use the Wiki for that info on all buildings, or look at more advanced players in game ... there are still a few ahead of me LOL

that's right, I finally could find the info in the wiki, but why is this info not in the game as well ? :)