• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

In game finished production notification

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edeba

Summary
Implement a notification indicator for when something is finished.

Description
This may sound silly, but I can completely miss seeing things need to be reset. I have my screen split so I can be working on something and my game is sitting there open, but whether I see things finishing their build depends on where I center my game.

What I would like is just a red dot to show up where we have our name, rank, messages, notifications, etc. that is just a signal that something somewhere just finished. I click on it to reset it, and it is triggered by a completion, not because there might be something finished that I'm waiting to collect for some reason. The message on the red dot just needs to be "one or more buildings completed."

Motivation
It makes it easier not to miss any finished productions/upgrades/etcetera.

Possible downsides
Some might find it annoying to constantly see such an indicator.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3773

they only think I like to see are irregular stuff like for example the scout.
I don't even think that's necessary. Just hover over the world map icon at the bottom and it says how much time remaining for scouts or no scouting. You would know if you set a scout, I think.
My pet peeve is having to check when my Tourney provinces are ready. You can't access the province list from the main screen, only the Tourney scores. So I have to got the map and do a couple more clicks just to find out that I still have to wait 1 or 2 more hours. I shouldn't have to set a separate timer on my computer to remind me. The list already has a countdown timer. It just needs to show somewhere on the main screen that it is ready.

CrazyWizard

That was my point we know factories are ready each 3 hours, tournaments are also a daily activity.

Only the scout is a fire and forget one once you get past a certain point, it takes days and up to more than a week. remembering I need to reset my scout 22 of april at 3pm is a bit more difficult. then tomorrow morning when I wake up

I do not need some mega superspamm in my notifications for everything,
I do not need 240-300 notifications for my tourney, I do not need 80-120 notifications per day for my factories ect.
Spire would be usefull maybe with it's odd times between rounds and also not too often and scout would be welcome..

Thats how I look at it.

Karvest

This topic is not about adding 100500 notifications to the list, but about a single indicator which shows that something happened since last user activity.

Karvest

Tooltip with last "what happened" would be great. But even a simple mark is already enough to take a look at your city and find out that some 24h production on the other side of your city is finished.

edeba

This topic is not about adding 100500 notifications to the list, but about a single indicator which shows that something happened since last user activity.
Exactly, ty Karvest. I read the interpretation via the comments and of course no one wants that kind of thing.

CrazyWizard

Then you should write your suggestion better.

Also if the notification is not what is finished but if something is finished thats just pointless. it's poinless if I need to seek if there is something finished and then what and where.
In that case just look around every time you open your city. it's the same thing there is always something finished.

The idea is a notification indicator when something is finished. wel that either pointless or superspamm in both cases I do not see the point spending time on it.

Karvest

The usecase of that suggestion is game running in background window while you are working/doing something else on your PC. With this suggestion you can just make a quick look at specific region of your screen to know if something require your attention. Without it you need to scroll over entire city each time instead.

edeba

Then you should write your suggestion better.

Also if the notification is not what is finished but if something is finished thats just pointless. it's poinless if I need to seek if there is something finished and then what and where.
In that case just look around every time you open your city. it's the same thing there is always something finished.

The idea is a notification indicator when something is finished. wel that either pointless or superspamm in both cases I do not see the point spending time on it.
Well, I said a red dot and I should have said if you scroll over it then it would just say something just finished, and it should disappear once you do an action in your city, so yet it would always be there when you sign in, but if you are doing something and glance at it and it has changed, it means look for something. It could just be for the 12+ hour collections stuff like evolving buildings. I think most of us collect our 3 hour stuff at the same time.

Marindor

Thank you all for voting. Unfortunately this idea didn't meet the minimum requirements, so it will now be archived.