• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate In-game communication overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earwen1

In spite of the forum rules, concerning ideas and suggestions, this idea is not new.
On the contrary.

I repost it because it seems to be forgotten, just like the other idea thread about Notifications.
I also bring it back into memory because communication in-game and in Fellowships has become more important than ever. And because it seems that Inno does not see the urgency of this, there's fellowships that have chosen to use other, third party applications for communication.

Chat function
First priority should be the ingame chat function. To be honest: it is quite poor.

• We can only read back 50 (?) posts. - After a working day, thats way too little in a very active FS.
  • We can select and copy some lines, but just very little and only on browser.
  • We cannot post url's. Oh wait, we can but with the domain name blanked out: **** As if we cannot type 'youtube' in the next line.
  • We can use icons, but only with Win10 (as far as I have seen).
And a properly working chat function is not a luxury in this game, knowing that in FA's, Spire an Tournaments we need to cooperate well and therefor need to communicate a lot. A smooth working chat is a basic need to do that. And what I have heard from other players: the new Chapter 18 needs even more communication between players. If that's the case, please facilitate that.

Rather than just adding a 'world chat' to this forum (which has been suggested before in other threads), I would propose an overhaul of the communication ingame. For example to use a proven tool like mIRC. For an example see here: https://www.mirc.com/ or see https://slack.com/ for an integrated example. In case anyone is afraid of abuse and players misbehaving in a general chat: it can be moderated.

Email
  • The same trouble with selecting lines to copy them and with blanked out url's to some domains appears here too. And a long thread of mails doesn't allow the reader to scroll back to the first email.
  • The limitation to the lenght of posts is way too short. So writers need several succeeding posts to write their message.
  • Mages and Archmages should have the option to close an email thread for reply,.
  • The red mark on the enveloppe that shows us that new mails / answers have been posted, disappears as soon as 1 post has been read, This should only disappear when all emails have been read. In addition: we need a button to mark all mails 'read'.
A lot of suggestions about communication have been posted around this forum (and other, national forums) in the passed 5 years. So please Inno, be honest.
Tell us honestly whether you are going to collect all the ideas and work on them within a given time, OR else, if you are not willing to change anything on the communication tools, tell us too, so that we don't need to put more energy in writing posts to ask you about this. Then we could just close the discussions and do other things.

Pauly7

I agree. Whatever is done it should be something. The same has applied for the last four years. The chat and messaging systems in Elvenar are archaic. Not fit for purpose, some would say. It's clearly never been a priority for them though.

Alcaro

Everything related to communication and interaction is outdated (to be polite). Mail, chat, notifications - ALL are annoyingly outdated!!!

Not to mention that now, with ch.18 the notifications are cluttered with "your trade was accepted". It makes me want to not post a single trade. I want to see who visited me to return the favor!!!

Wowwie

I do understand Inno's laxation,,once you open the the game script for Chat it can be a mess, 3 party chat has always been the choice of games
I was even surprised Inno had it own Chat system as simple as it may be it works ,, You guys have played into long time go check some other games out and see how crappy they are and there is no chat

Marindor

I'm going to archive this thread as a duplicate. The idea was forwarded and now it's up to our game team to decide whether and when to implement it. Reposting it is not going to speed up that process, sorry. I have asked if we could get more information on the possible implementation though. When we get something, I'll let you know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.