• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce In Beta, it takes a long time to log out

mareao

For several weeks now, on the computer, when you log out of Beta , it takes a long time for the server selection screen to appear. It has not happened to me when logging out of other servers.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Mareao, I don't experience this issue myself. In order that we may gain as much information as possible and thus investigate better, could you please edit your post using the template found in the second post in our Guide to Bug Reporting here

mareao

Game version: v1.175-beta.9-(ff880f5) - html5 (2023-04-28 08:56)
Game world: Elvenar
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox 112.0.2 (64-bit)
Operating System or Mobile Device: Windows 10 Pro - Ver. 22H2 - Compilation 19045.2846
Screen resolution: 2560x1440
Account name: mareao
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility:
4/5

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation:
__ playing on beta server
__ click on the cogwheel at the bottom right of the screen
__ The logout window appears
__ Push logut button

Expected situation:
__ The logout window disappears
__

Reproduction Steps

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

Shereana

For me it happens more often then normal logout. On live it is functioning normally.
W10, Firefox (started in 111 version). I'm not sure, guess, I had it on Edge some time ago (about month) too.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks both, I usually use Chrome - I'll test with both Firefox and Edge. However since it looks browser dependant, it's unlikely to be a bug with the code itself

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
As far as I am aware, there is no recommendation as to which browser to use. My preference is Chrome, but the game should run in any browser

Shereana

However since it looks browser dependant, it's unlikely to be a bug with the code itself
I'm not good at this, but since on live server I don't have this issue, this means, that something is different here on beta.

Probably, it's some issue with memory-related function (i guess, some time ago there were some works to optimize Elvenar). Tested right now using Task manager. At the moment beta logs out, memory usage jumped from 40% to 100% (16 GB). As soon as I logged out (till server selection page), it dropped below 40%.
Logging out from live server is fast and no changes in memory usage are noticed.

Last edited:

Droopy

I use Firefox and Chrome, but only use Chrome for beta.

I agree that for some weeks logout sometimes takes a long time (on Chrome in my case).
I've been trying to reproduce it and log it, but no luck so far when you want it to happen.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I've been trying to reproduce it and log it, but no luck so far when you want it to happen.
Unfortunately it's the same for me - I am unable to reproduce this issue, whether in Chrome, Firefox or Edge. So for now we'll set this one to Cannot Reproduce

Lelanya

Yeah I do not use Edge for Beta, but I have noticed that EN server that longer than the US server, for log out.