• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Improve FA management tools

edeba

It would be nice to have an inventory badge total for the fellowship for archmage and mage to see and workshop and t1 totals.

Add an FA data tab to the FS page:
1637422704238.png

And then a list of total FA badges in inventory, and then a list of total workshops and breakdown of how many are on each production, and total t1 and how many are on each production.

So something like :
Dwarven brewery : 107
Carpenter: 36
Farmer: 21
Blacksmith: 89
Bracelets: 45
etc for the rest of the badges
Workshop production
5 min - 87
3 hour - 92
9 hour - 53
1 day - 165
T1 (level before sentinel goods)
3 hour - 8
9 hour - 6
1 day - 92
2 day - 85
T1 (level after sentinel goods)
3 hour - 85
9 hour - 48

This is just a totals thing so for FA management the planners can see a very helpful screen shot for their FA.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Why would you demand that from Inno?
If you know how to use google docs, you could make a spreadsheet for your own FA.
it could look something like this.
bsa.png
Every member has his or her own line and keeps track of what (s)he is making, has ready or has used at the current map.
We even plan for X times end pit.
How it should be made and what functionality is up to the maker and the fellowship.
But at the FS I am in on life server we use many spreadsheets for the Tournament, Adventure and even for some events.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I know from my own experience that some members don't use them for they only work on a mobile phone and then it won't work.
But we just ask them to give us the right information and that will work.
We managed to make our Fellowship in to a nice working group op people that helps others.
We make sure every member can get all the aid they need from other members.
They all know what they get in return of their investment in to the group and that helps keeping our sheet up to 90% accurate and that is all.

Shereana

Well, I will put a little bit different, since the question is not about organizing FS and also not about being helpful.

Wouldn't it be more convenient, if spreadsheet's functionality would be introduced in-game?
Wouldn't it be easier to plan in advance if it would be filled in automatically at least once in some time interval (e.g. 1h)?
How much time it would save for all the players in a FS both writing your data and filling in spreadsheets?

I do see 2 ways of doing it: either by creating common FS's pool of badges (was already proposed quite a long time ago) or by creating such a tab (or other form of automatically created data). So, if for some reason common pool is not an option, then data would be of a great help.

Alcaro

We use Google SS but tbh I think is NOT OK to have to use any other "tool" outside the game. The game should provide us these tools.
There are good reasons for that and not only for FA, also for the admin of the FS aka AM :D

edeba

I don't know what's involved in programming in management tools, but what I suggested just seem simple and it is actually enough to manage a FA. If you see 24 BS and you need BS, it wouldn't tell you who, but it would answer the question about getting more started or make something else instead.

azla

As an AM on one city and player in others, in game tracking would be very helpful. We use discord now (for two of mine) but getting all players to post their information is harder than herding cats

cassy63

should the game play for you too ;)) it's called a friendship adventure! where you can see how well the guild works. you don't need tables either, it also works with threads where everyone enters. Due to the very good improvement in the list of names and the collection of badges, I have nothing to complain about at the FA.

Moncsociusz

I think it would be better if everybody could donate to a common badge collection where mages and AM could donate. So then there world be less badge waste and the server wouldn't freeze continuously return people try to put the badge in at once. Would be crazy easy to keep track. So instead of collection it would send every badge to the pool and that's it. Everyone would see only the tally. Whoever contributed to the pool gets the prizes. This works make everybody's life easier.

Bor de Wolf 1965

@Moncsociusz yes it would make life easier for everyone but this is not desirable.
There are still players riding along with the effort of what others do and that is not good for an FS.
With your suggestion I only need to collect 1 bag of gold (Anyone can do that) and I would get the prize for all 3 stages of the FSA.
I know it is a hassle for I am an FSA coordinator on my life account But that still works best to have only active members participating in an FSA.

Dorfl the Clay

I think it would be better if everybody could donate to a common badge collection where mages and AM could donate
Plus: a bit more work for the mages, but it would definitely save a lot of aggro and mishaps. Minus: takes a lot of direct involvement of the other players out of the event and therefor makes it a lot more boring... it's called a Fellowship Adventure for a reason, you do it together!

edeba

As an AM on one city and player in others, in game tracking would be very helpful. We use discord now (for two of mine) but getting all players to post their information is harder than herding cats
This is exactly why a game management system is needed.

Even something where a mage just need to hit a request inventory button and the player just needs to hit it to reply would be helpful. Like a macro of some kind that just populates the message window with the requested information.

I'd really like to have a pop-up that just has the data and not have to do any entering and having it up to date. You never track down information from all players, but even those that do respond, by the time the last have responded, everything is completely different. They will respond when they get on, play badges for an hour, get off and you are still left clueless about where you stand. Some do think to record before they get off...

But, we have nothing for this and just a total for the FS and a macro that populates a message window would be helpful.

edeba

This is the main reason an in-game management system is needed. I've never seen more than about 1/4 actually regularly update badges, another 1/4 might do it once or twice and about half just don't.