• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [20096] Icons for all quests disappearing act

palmira

Game version: v1.45-(800100914) (2017-12-15 7:06)
Game world: beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox 56.0/
Flash Player version: 27.0.0.130
Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.13.1
Screen resolution: 13,3” (2560 x 1600)
Account name: palmira
Humans or Elves: elves

Reproducibility: 2/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation: When cicling the quests and repeating the same one several times on the map (happened twice with the get 4 relics) sometimes the icon for the cicling quest disappears and when going back to the city all the icons disappear, event ones too. I need to reload to have the icons appearing again. (i forgot to screenshot, will do it next time it happens)
__
__

Expected situation: All 4 icons are there all the time
__
__

Reproduction Steps
5. __

palmira

ok, now I have screenshoots (and this time I was not cicling the same quest

icons.jpg
NO-ICONS.jpg
)

DeletedUser

Happened to me also but only once so far (FF&W7), reload solved it.

Karvest

Icons disappear on next time you get the quest that you've finished and was clicking accept reward too fast. To workaround this bug you need to wait for 0.5-1 second before clicking on "Finish" button.

Last edited:

palmira

Icons disappear on next time you get the quest that you've finished and was clicking accept reward too fast. To workaround this bug you need to wait for a second or two before clicking on "Finish" button.

Nope, I have been having the bug a lot in the last couple of days and most times now the icons disappear in the middle of a task

Karvest

In my case first icon that was missing is icon of quest that I've finished too fast in previous cycle. But may be if you dismiss too fast it will disappear too.

Karvest

Yeah, just tested, on mobile I can cycle quests if I don't finish them, but as soon as I finish one - on next cycle it disappears.
On mobile I can't workaround it, happening 100% time, here - can, with just a little pause before pressing "finish".

palmira

Yeah, just tested, on mobile I can cycle quests if I don't finish them, but as soon as I finish one - on next cycle it disappears.
On mobile I can't workaround it, happening 100% time, here - can, with just a little pause before pressing "finish".

On mobile it happens always, here is getting worse and now the icons disappear even when I am not cycling quests (usually just collecting supplies or relics and waiting for the required amount to be collected)

Karvest

Anyway the root of the bug seems the same - quest UI get corrupted after finishing quest, but still work until same quest received from server.

palmira

Now the icons disappearing act has a companion: a willow :) - and I just started dwarves. Pitty it was gone on refresh :(

WILLOW.jpg

DeletedUser1771

Palmira you are in dwarf chapter?

Karvest which chapter you are in right now?

Deleted User - 60107

I am in Woodelves and I've had the disappearing icons issue once or twice.

DeletedUser1771

And I have a problem to find repro steps :(. Help :D, what did you do and Im not doing it while playing?

Karvest

You need to click Finish button as soon as it appears. Then next quest cycle you may see icons disappeared.
Best way to reproduce is "gather 5k gold" quest from chapter 1 quest cycle that can be done by clicking on single residence, and can be cycled many times in a row, causing mouse movement and clicking to have perfect timing.
I went away from chapter 1 quests, so don't have quest that can be finished many times in a row anymore.

palmira

For me it is better now, only had the disappearing icons once in the last couple of days, maybe it is chapter related? I am now in the last half of the dwarven tech book.

PS: I never had it on the PC, just the Mac, can it be OS related?