• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

I was going to buy some diamonds

DeletedUser119

If you convert from one currency to another, it seems to be the same price for everyone.
But since wages may be very different from one country to another then yes, diamonds appears to be more expensive in some countries

DeletedUser

Diamonds are expansive everywere, but try to Play without it, because it´s only a game.
Yes, I bought some, ok ;)
In the beginning they can help you that much but I don´t want to tell you that you have to buy anything.
Just enjoy the game.
May the force will be with you - ever!
Hoentz

DeletedUser580

Just spend 5 Euro per month in that game. Does not sound that much right? People smoking more cigarattes a week! With 5 Dollar Diamonds you can save them or spend them. They will getting helpful. :)

That is what I do. And sometimes even 10 Euro. Its a good game and I want to support innogames. And that does not hurt me. I pay because its a fair and NON p2w game.

DeletedUser209

Diamonds are expansive everywere, but try to Play without it, because it´s only a game.
they are more expensive in Poland than in Germany and the other countries in western Europe.

DeletedUser58

The costs are really relative, if you have fat bag of money then you can still obtain everything premium in the game. If your bag of money isn't that large, you can't obtain a lot of things. I'm from Europe but from a country whose average wages are half of those that Poland has. Yet the average salary per country still doesn't provide a good picture of anyone's bag of money as one could have a bigger salary here than in Poland. In that same manner, one could be earning less in Germany as well. Or they may have other expenses so they end up with very little money to spare even though they're earning a lot.

To sum up the above, how big the costs are depends on the individual's income. While it may be nice to have adjustments to reflect each country's average wages, that's hard to manage and maintain and thus europe is usually lumped together in 99% of places which allow purchases.

DeletedUser231

Just spend 5 Euro per month in that game. Does not sound that much right? People smoking more cigarattes a week! With 5 Dollar Diamonds you can save them or spend them. They will getting helpful. :)

That is what I do. And sometimes even 10 Euro. Its a good game and I want to support innogames. And that does not hurt me. I pay because its a fair and NON p2w game.

A family member smokes 2 packs of Ciggies a day and at $10.00 CDN it cost's him more than $600.00 a month. I bought some diamonds here with his credit card of course and he complained very loudly...I paid him back of course and he said my expensive habit was costing a fortune...:p...Very funny coming from someone who is slowly killing themselves...:p

DeletedUser580

I am happy to see that people in my country actually stop smoking more and more. Its really expansive and the law is getting more and more strict. You cannot smoke easily in public, not easily at home and so on. Only real hardcore smoker who really love to smoke actually still smoke. XD

DeletedUser231

I am happy to see that people in my country actually stop smoking more and more. Its really expansive and the law is getting more and more strict. You cannot smoke easily in public, not easily at home and so on. Only real hardcore smoker who really love to smoke actually still smoke. XD
Diamond purchase is very inexpensive when compared to many wasteful things. Smoking and drinking just to name a few. The expense of playing a game such as this is CHEAP when compared to smoking alone and it's cost not only in the pocket book but health. In the eastern european countries 75% of the population smoke and drinking is insane in Russia. If I spent half what My family member did I would totally own top spot in this world.

DeletedUser594

We use the Australian Dollar and have to pay in US Dollars.
Some time back the Exchange rate was $1.10 Aust. to 1 Dollar US.
Now it's just 75 cents to 1 US Dollar! This surly stopped me wasting
my money! Inno being a german company should base their trade
on the Euro!! Sure think they be loosing a lot of trades because a lot
of countries lost against the US dollar...

DeletedUser231

Look at the vast number of hours a player can be online playing this game and compare it to other forms of entertainment. This is Cheap. Drinking, smoking, going to the movie show, the pub etc etc etc. Even buying a video buys lots of Diamonds.

DeletedUser

So much truth in those comments!

Also, you can consider buying a few diamonds just for the sake for it, to support game developers, even if you get no real ingame 'boost'. Just saying.

DeletedUser

To be honest, I was rather surprised to see Diamonds even being sold in a closed Beta world...

DeletedUser231

To be honest, I was rather surprised to see Diamonds even being sold in a closed Beta world...

It has always been this way and if the remote possibility this game should close down for whatever reason all our investment will be utterly wasted like it happen in 3 other innogame FAILURES. They closed and only remaining premium points were allowed to be transferred and the players who wasted their moneys lost everything they spent thus a RIP-OFF.....I almost believe a Class-action lawsuit should be delivered to innogames on behalf of all the players who lost their monies.

DeletedUser58

It is pretty clear that a project at this early stage can go lots of possible ways, you accept that when you make your purchases. And you haven't really been ripped off as A) you received whatever you spent the diamonds for when the game was still around B) you're allowed to continue spending your remaining currency in their other projects. If you're that worried for the money then you can wait till the game goes into open beta. The game is free to play after all.

DeletedUser

Why is it that for £59.99 I only get 14000 diamonds but in Grepolis the same amount of £s gets me 20000 gold.?

DeletedUser236

Why is it that for £59.99 I only get 14000 diamonds but in Grepolis the same amount of £s gets me 20000 gold.?
Because they are different games??
The ingame value of gold or diamonds or whatever currency a game uses is probably different?!