• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

I doubt this should be possible :-)

Droopy

elvenar-live-negative-population-20220405.JPG

DeletedUser3773

Have you ever seen a city with negative population?
Yes, I created one accidentally when I was playing the FA. I put all my residences into storage, thinking I didn't need the coins but forgot about the population. I went negative. Then I put them all back and went positive again. As stated above, you just can't build anything when you're negative.

Karvest

Yes, many of them. This is one of the best strategies to get good unurium + guest race goods production. Build all factories you need => teleport pop buildings => place GR production instead.
Or if you are playing extremely small city builds where all pop/culture you can place in the city used just to level up MH and then replaced by some goods producing event buildings/AWs.

Heymrdiedier

Long long ago i did orcs chapter with a very big negative culture.
Once that was finished, i needed the mana so the chapter after that, i did the whole chapter with negative population.
Good old days :)

Lovec Krys

I know a player who teleported almost all of his residences during Traders of Unur chapter to build a large fleet and had around -100k pop for one or two months.
And he certainly wasn't alone.

Enevhar Aldarion

Well i meant a real city :cool:

As i see now, you can also take advantage of this. Just didn't expect this was possible.

This has been possible with both population and culture for the entire time the game has been out. It is even a heavily pushed strategy for Orcs chapter with culture. The main problem with doing this is having Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls AWs in the city because those give extra pop based on working population. Store the wrong stuff and you won't have enough pop to put everything back out without building something new first.

Lelanya

Lol
Been there done that.
In fact, InnoGames reduced many of us to negative population on purpose. They felt obliged to nerf the Winter culture, mainly (but not exclusively) the hybrids offered in 2017 Winter event. Grr I read the Forums go figure :rolleyes: so I knew it was coming and added another house in most of my cities. But there was little I could do for Fel that had 5 Father Candy Cane Trees, so I had negative population there. They had to gift us all a magic residence.

Lovec Krys

The residence was given as a compensation after we spammed all forums with rage topics after the change made population of many players negative.

Lelanya

Right, @Lovec Krys?
I laughed so hard when I signed into Fel that day. I thought it was just some Lampions and such, so we all thought. Now we'll have to go back and recover that Announcement for the younglings. :)

maxiqbert

If you want a real life analogy, it's like a big city growing old in the center, with growing suburbs, providing people to the offices and multiple jobs that are still there

ayvinul

I know a player who teleported almost all of his residences during Traders of Unur chapter to build a large fleet and had around -100k pop for one or two months.
And he certainly wasn't alone.

how did this work out ? doesn't removing all residences yields a huge "required culture" miss, which means that the trader won't be that great at producing unurium, since you remove most of the 3h bonus.

@ayvinul I did it for Traders, had -250k pop for months. Culture is so high at that point the reduction isnt much. I still had ~500k culture cost so was making 5k bonus per pick up. It didnt slow me down at all.

Lovec Krys

@ayvinul Residences are not the only think requiring culture:
Building: Req. culture
Magic residence: 11400 (6500 in traders)
Magic Workshop: 15400 (10200 in traders)
T1 lv 33: 7094 (5863 in traders)
T2 lv 33: 12500 (11333 in traders)
T3 lv 33: 13125 (9690 in traders)
Armory lv 41: 29618
So as long as you teleport only residences, your "required culture" won't lower so much.