• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion HTML5

DeletedUser2411

I'll continue to use flash until it dies, it's the middle of summer, I really don't need a heater right now and the HTML version burns through the CPU, even in winter though when the heat might actually be useful I wouldn't want it due to increased fan noise. The html version seems to use up 100% of a core permanently even in low graphics which have minimal animation

Arayla

I'll continue to use flash until it dies, it's the middle of summer, I really don't need a heater right now and the HTML version burns through the CPU, even in winter though when the heat might actually be useful I wouldn't want it due to increased fan noise. The html version seems to use up 100% of a core permanently even in low graphics which have minimal animation

This is exactly why I don't use the HTML version yet. Have tried multiple times with different browsers and with the city graphic quality on low and the atmospheric effects turned off. Nothing helps.

DeletedUser778

I hope it will be better now/soon... So far I tried html5 once in a while, but i couldn't stand using it more then 24 hours before i switched back to flash... loading cities etc was always slower and it felt kind of sluggish :/

Angedev

I'm not trying HTML5 because I'm not able to open it in my mobile. With flash, I can use Puffin for giving KPs to others or reading messages. Any ideas how to open it in mobile with HTML5 enabled?? I'm not sure if these functions will come to the app before flash die... :(

Saribar

I'm not trying HTML5 because I'm not able to open it in my mobile. With flash, I can use Puffin for giving KPs to others or reading messages. Any ideas how to open it in mobile with HTML5 enabled?? I'm not sure if these functions will come to the app before flash die... :(

I hope you don't have windows on your mobile. For Androids and I think Apple too there exists an app you can load from the App-Store and play Elvenar.

Angedev

Thanks @Lovec Krys , I'm really talking about KPs for others and messages - missing in the app :) I'm using browser on PC too, but sometimes I can't (sometimes it can take week or longer) and that's when I need to use mobile. I'm mage (live server) and I really need to read messages and of course, I also want rewards from AWs :)

Richord

HTML5 sucks. It just does. It's slower and that's a fact.
I might even consider quitting than playing even slower than I have to atm.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Currently the app indeed isn't complete yet and our mobile team is working very hard to get that resolved. The next big topics we're working on for mobile (except from keeping up with the newly released browser features and events) are the messaging system and the Ancient Wonder contribution. For the last one, we first needed to have the possibility in place to visit other players (which we now have), so it shouldn't take that long anymore :) Until then, we can't really recommend any alternative, since it's known that "workarounds" like Puffin have their flaws, which is something we can't do anything about. So for now, for those 2 features, we need to ask you to keep using browser and in te mean time on our side, we're doing our best to get these features into your mobile app as soon as possible :)

SirSmithy

Hi guys,

Currently the app indeed isn't complete yet and our mobile team is working very hard to get that resolved. The next big topics we're working on for mobile (except from keeping up with the newly released browser features and events) are the messaging system and the Ancient Wonder contribution. For the last one, we first needed to have the possibility in place to visit other players (which we now have), so it shouldn't take that long anymore :) Until then, we can't really recommend any alternative, since it's known that "workarounds" like Puffin have their flaws, which is something we can't do anything about. So for now, for those 2 features, we need to ask you to keep using browser and in te mean time on our side, we're doing our best to get these features into your mobile app as soon as possible :)
Puffin will be shutdown on iPhones or iPads on the 1st of July. It would be nice, if you could hurry up with the mobile development.

DeletedUser1163

When I activate HTML5, I experience flickering, only on the battlefield. I tried switching to low, medium and high but the flickering continues. Very straining on the eyes. If I turn off HTML5, the flickering stops. Since Flash Player will no longer be used, if we want to continue playing Elvenar we have to activate HTML5. Looks like I'll be auto battling to avoid the eye strain from the screen flickering. I'm using Opera as my browser, have a brand new laptop and Windows 10. Does anyone know what is causing the flickering? Playing Forge of Empires is fine. The flickering only happens in Elvenar.

Buttrflwr

I suppose this has been mentioned, just don't have time atm to read thru 9 pages of comments on the HTML5. I have been hardcore against the push of HTML for this game, because it has so many flaws in it. I try it, flaws still there, I go back to Flash.

1. Chat jumps in HTML, even 5. VERY VERY annoying
2. It is so much more difficult to copy/paste from HTML5 than Flash. Perhaps difficult isn't the right word, how about time consuming?
3. The timer doesn't advance when I tab off the game. When I tab back, I either have to wait for the timer to catch up with me, or reload the game. Often even when the timer does catch up, I get a stream error and have to reload anyway. THIS is the most annoying, and the main reason I keep going back to Flash. I have a life, and other things to do, I can't leave the tab open and active the entire time I am online, and shouldn't be getting all these stream errors.

Marindor

@Buttrflwr Thank you. For you the same question as well: Could you please create a seperate bug report per issue, using the template you can find here? That way we have all the info we need to be able to try and reproduce these issues :)

Buttrflwr

Oh my stars, @Marindor ! I would be spending all my time making bug reports per issue. It jumps all the time. :( AND the timer ALWAYS does that, every.single.time.

Marindor

@Buttrflwr We'd only need one of course, not every time, but we do need all the required information to be able to test it properly since at the moment on our machines, we don't experience these issues ourselves. :)

DeletedUser

3. The timer doesn't advance when I tab off the game. When I tab back, I either have to wait for the timer to catch up with me, or reload the game. Often even when the timer does catch up, I get a stream error and have to reload anyway. THIS is the most annoying, and the main reason I keep going back to Flash. I have a life, and other things to do, I can't leave the tab open and active the entire time I am online, and shouldn't be getting all these stream errors.
I think this is more a browser issue, especially Chrome kind of "freeze" the tab when it is no longer active. See https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2015/09/tab-discarding Try setting chrome://flags/#proactive-tab-freeze-and-discard to disabled.
Firefox has a similar issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

iDavis

I'm gonna dig this topic for one question.. or should I say opinion.. I'm not sure whether this is a property of HTML5 or an intended game behavior, but I really don't like the need to have loading screen opened, while the game is loading up. Otherwise, when I have different browser tab opened, it is not getting any progress, even for several minutes (this is not current and also have never been in Flash). I'm that kind of lazy person who just can't stand looking at the loading bar filling slice by slice, I simply must turn that into browsing something.

Is this a known issue, or is it how HTML5 basically works and it's above our competences?